In this Discussion

The Fratellis

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Well, do you mon them?

Comments

• Fratellis are pretty cool.

ROCK-A-HONEY, ROCK-A-HONEY, WHOO HOO
    SLEEPS ALL DAY AND HE DREAMS OF YOU
  • I, uh, love them; if that's the same thing.
  • Basically. It means to think highly of. They use it alot...hence the 105 page thread they have going:
    http://www.thefratellis.com/forum/view.php?t=1877
  • So did anyone else think they were brothers...or am I just the fool who fell for it?
  • i mon them.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 10 2007, 03:17 PM)
    So did anyone else think they were brothers...or am I just the fool who fell for it?

No, I did, too! Because "fratello" means "brother" in Italian, and I was like, "oh, how clever..."
  • They all legally changed their last names to Fratelli though.
  • yes I mon them =]

QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 10 2007, 03:17 PM)
    So did anyone else think they were brothers...or am I just the fool who fell for it?

Yeah I thought that at first too. I was like hey thats cool. Now I know...
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Aug 10 2007, 07:19 PM)
    They all legally changed their last names to Fratelli though.

They legally changed them? I thought they just had like stage names...? I could be wrong.
  • oh wow! they aren't brothers? my friends and i din't know how they looked until we went to their concert and we all of costello music but we just didn't know how they looked, but we thought they were brothers. when they came out we were like WTF, because they look nothing alike. haha, well that clears up everything.

oh yeah, i like them, enough to see them in concert.
  • Aww! How were they live!?
  • EEEE! They are my new favourite band!

Their music just makes me ... happy.
  • Me too! Its just so good (I still love OK Go more, but they come close)
    Aww! How were they live!?

they're pretty good live, i saw them at a fairly large venue and there's only three of them and a really big stage, so they weren't in their element. i think they would have done better in a smaller more intimate venue (which they should have played because the venue wasn't even halfway filled) but yeah, they sound great live, and it's was fun, but they had some trouble commanding the stage.
  • Did the crowd seem to like them?
  • i saw them at Rock im Park, a huge festival in germany and tehre too was the stage really big, but it was great, I can't help but feel overly happy whenever a song gets played...

don't you just feel like tousle through Jon Fratellis' hair? i opened a group at a online student website and there're only two memebers, ...me and my friend...
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Aug 31 2007, 11:35 AM)
    don't you just feel like tousle through Jon Fratellis' hair?

YES! laugh.gif
    I'd also like to pet Mince's hair laugh.gif

"Chelsea Dagger" is played during commercials for a new movie "Balls Of Fury" biggrin.gif
  • YES! (we're three, muahaha)

i think in german that film's called "beim ersten mal" or something... it's the movie with katherine heigl (sp?) ... i've seen that trailer last night and said to myself "that must be a great movie!" haha
  • I'm not sure if she's in it...hmm.
    But I wanted to see the movie because 1) ping pong and 2) The Fratellis...but then my friend made me actually watch the trailer, and it deosn't look so good. Darn.
  • hm,.... different movie ater all...but hey, that means fratellis are in TWO movies! ...i can't remember anything bout ping pong in the one a talked about... i'm going to go google a bit wink.gif

edit: ya, a different movie... the description to balls of fury sounded weird but ...ping pong... smile.gif