In this Discussion

Ice-Cream

Comments

• i love icecream... and they're lots of varieties in the frezzer right now... but its so farking cold! I'd be insane to eat icecream now... my insides would freeze...
  • For real, ice cream is tasty as hell! I especially dig the ice cream sandwiches, with the cookies and shit...

It's warm here, so I can eat it as I please tongue.gif
  • Darn you, Canter. Our first substantial snow of the year just calmed down like an hour ago. It's 20 degrees here. Tomorrow there'll be ice everywhere and they're projecting more snow. And it'll just keep getting worse until the end of February. We'll go to below zero throughout the winter. We'll get our noreasters of snow up to our knees...I remember one year it was to my waste (altho, I was shorter back then). And then I'll have to shovel it at home and sludge thru it at school...but I'll still eat icecream.

QUOTE (canter @ Dec 2 2007, 11:30 PM)
    For real, ice cream is tasty as hell! I especially dig the ice cream sandwiches, with the cookies and shit...

It's warm here, so I can eat it as I please tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Dec 2 2007, 11:43 PM)
    ...but I'll still eat icecream.

Exactly. That's the attitude!

Ya, it snowed today, and I just had some ice cream. I'll eat it whenever. Even if it's an extreme blizzard, I will still eat it.
  • Ice Cream is good enough to eat year round. But I do wish I lived in Florida, because that would make it mildly more sensible.
  • yum... ice cream... tongue.gif <that's me licking my lips...

some of my firends don't like ice cream... i was trying to tell them how utterly crazy the other day... they didn't get... i don't think they know what they're missing out on...

anyway, ice cream is good... smile.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 2 2007, 06:46 AM)
    It's chocolate ice cream with peanut butter and reese's and all sorts of wonderment in it.

That. Sounds. Amazing. biggrin.gif

I like wasabi flavoured ice cream. You know, the green japanese spicy mustard/horseradish type stuff?? It's basically that mixed with vanilla ice cream, so it's hot in the spicy sense, and cold in the temperature sense, at the same time. Absolutely gorgeous smile.gif
  • Allie, when you get here in February I shall make sure you get to try Peanut Butter Cup ice cream, should you like. I only wish I could get some sent to the UK for you.

Don't you guys have Ben & Jerry's there????

Edit: Now I've done some research and I've discovered that even though they do have Ben & Jerry's in the UK, they do not sell nearly as many flavors as we in the US do. And that is heartbreaking, because one of the missing flavors is Peanut Butter Cup. For all your Cadbury chocolate, it appears that you are a deprived nation.

(I'm kidding)
  • <<haha, i think we do actually have a ben & jerrys here in germany (yay), but i never ate ice cream there... but will do...tomorrow!!! i want brownie with chocolate, i basically want to eat EVERYTHING you described.... yummy yummy
  • We are deprived, aren't we?

Yes, I have Ben&Jerry's all the time, but only a small selection of flavours.
    *sigh*
    Oh My Apple Pie isn't even that great either.

Oh, Bailey's Ice Cream. Fucking yum.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 2 2007, 01:46 AM)
    I also <3 the Cold Stone Creamery, specifically for it's cake batter flavor. Especially now that they have a light version of the cake batter flavor. So it's a little less fattening.

Sweet jeebus... I LOVE cold stone... if I'm going to pay way too much for ice cream, it's gonna be here. Cheesecake ice cream, strawberries, blueberries, and my FAVE... graham cracker pie crust. Is my FAVORITE concoction. Ever. I love it. But I do love the plains like, chocolate, choc. chip cookie dough, peppermint, etc.

Ben and Jerry's half baked is one of my faves too

QUOTE (agentnumone @ Dec 2 2007, 09:29 PM)
    but its so farking cold!

mel. farking is totally my new fave word. no lie.
  • I don't enjoy chocolate ice cream, it doesn't really taste like chocolate to me. I love mint chip, theres a magicl healing power that surrounds it. I always have it when I have a stuffy nose cause the mint works wonders on it. I adore it. I also love plain ol vanilla. My favorite though is moose tracks which is vanilla with peanut butter cups and swirls of fudge. its very very very good. I don't really like Coldstone or Ben and Jerrys which we do have in Cali because I've never really gone to ice cream shops. My family just gets ice cream from the grocery store. I like it. My favorite light ice creams are they Bryers double churned, they're soo good, nice and creamy and just light enough but not too light. I love ice cream. Its my favorite desert, Ice cream and brownie. yum.
  • QUOTE (punkwhitechocolate @ Dec 4 2007, 02:24 PM)
    I don't enjoy chocolate ice cream, it doesn't really taste like chocolate to me. I love mint chip, theres a magicl healing power that surrounds it. I always have it when I have a stuffy nose cause the mint works wonders on it. I adore it. I also love plain ol vanilla. My favorite though is moose tracks which is vanilla with peanut butter cups and swirls of fudge. its very very very good. I don't really like Coldstone or Ben and Jerrys which we do have in Cali because I've never really gone to ice cream shops. My family just gets ice cream from the grocery store. I like it. My favorite light ice creams are they Bryers double churned, they're soo good, nice and creamy and just light enough but not too light. I love ice cream. Its my favorite desert, Ice cream and brownie. yum.

I have this awful feeling I'm missing out... sad.gif

I'll explain, for a few months now I've followed this strictly vegetarian diet (okay, so I eat salmon or tuna every once in a while but still...) and last week I cheated and had some Baskin-Robbins...and it tasted AWFUL! It felt like eating butter with tons of sugar in it...and I used to love that stuff (good ol' strawberry and vanilla have always been my favs) . Now I see you girls speaking about all these wonderful flavors like fudge, peanut & bailey's and I just know it will never be the same for me... I feel like I'm handicapped or something.

Like I can't even believe this is hapenning to me. mellow.gif

Rosa
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 2 2007, 05:46 PM)
    I also <3 the Cold Stone Creamery

ha, i am laughing quite hard at this particular moment for one stupid reason only... well, i think it's funny but suddenly it doesn't seem so, but anyway.. i'm ammused because we have a place in australia called 'cold rock'... i wonder where they got that name from...??

...well, i thought it was funny... unsure.gif

I don't enjoy chocolate ice cream, it doesn't really taste like chocolate to me.

that's exactly my problem... i don't really not like it, i'll eat it... but it just doesn't taste as good as it should... does that even make sense...??
  • that makes PERFECT sense. My dad is always like I thought you didn't like chocolate ice cream when I eat it. I don't like it, but I'll take it over No ice cream.
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Dec 4 2007, 11:45 PM)
    ha, i am laughing quite hard at this particular moment for one stupid reason only... well, i think it's funny but suddenly it doesn't seem so, but anyway.. i'm ammused because we have a place in australia called 'cold rock'... i wonder where they got that name from...??

...well, i thought it was funny... unsure.gif

Cold Rock! I remember Jacqui talking about it before.
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Dec 5 2007, 02:45 AM)

Oh, at Cold Stone Creamery they have plain ice cream (like, different flavors, but nothing in them) and you order what candy or fruit or whatever you want mixed in. Then they mix the ice cream and the stuff (for lack of a better word) together on a cold piece of marble or whatever. That's how they get the name.

smile.gif
  • My favorite is Bunny Tracks. I think it's similar to Moose tracks.

But you have to get it in the tub, not the box, because it's different in the box. My cousin and I argued about wether there were chocolate covered peanuts in it or not. We were both so sure we were right. it got to the point where we got in the car and drove to Wal-mart to find out which one of us was crazy. That's when we found out the different packaging contained different ingredients. (So we were both right, and neither was crazy)

But the tub kind (the better kind) is vanilla with fudge and peanut butter swirls chocolate covered peanuts and little chocolate covered peanut butter bunnies.

Scrumptious!
  • .... nononononoooo! aw, i come home, turn on my computer, see this thread and like "Damn, forgot to eat ice cream!!!"

...tomorrow... i'll write it onto my hand, so i won't forget, ...and have it across my face, because i tend to lean onto my hand in boring classes...which there will be tomorrow...aw, nice to know that one'll act like a dork beforehand.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 6 2007, 03:37 AM)
    Oh, at Cold Stone Creamery they have plain ice cream (like, different flavors, but nothing in them) and you order what candy or fruit or whatever you want mixed in. Then they mix the ice cream and the stuff (for lack of a better word) together on a cold piece of marble or whatever. That's how they get the name.

smile.gif

same with cold rock... i wonder if they're affiliated, or just happen to have the same idea, and VERY similar names... i love cold rock either way, it's such an awsome idea... although, some combinations really don't work... (i found this out when i tried to mix... i forget... something weird...)...

does anyone think meat falvoured ice cream is a bit weird... it's like sweet and... meat.... laugh.gif

EDIT: after some research, it does not appear that they are affiliated... but i did find out the first cold stone ice creamery store was in Tempe, Arizona.... laugh.gif