In this Discussion

current song addiction.

124»

Comments

• yay! I'm glad there's a thread like this.

for me, it would have to be "Oh Yoko!" by John Lennon and "Vienna" by Matt Costa.
  • hm...
    "Hang Me Up To Dry" by Cold War Kids
    Oh and "Ooh La La" Fratellis, omg, that song!!!
  • dave is all about the beatles nowadays eh?

"runaway child running wild" the temptations. i like it cause its rad, i love it for the baritones solo bit.
  • oh, I forgot my third one. "The Victim" by Solobob. aaah, cannot stop listening to it. too catchy.
  • Weezer's El Scorcho. I can't stop singing it. It actually just reminds me of sitting in one of my best friend's cars during high school, she and another one of my best friends in the front seat, screaming along.

Thankfully, my friend also knows all the words, so we've been going around our house shouting, "I'll bring home the turkey if you BRING HOME THE BACON"
  • I want to be you when I grow up, Tonetoile.
  • I'm pretty much addicted to the entire Juno soundtrack. It's quite amazing.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 27 2008, 04:02 AM)
    I want to be you when I grow up, Tonetoile.

Weird. I want to be YOU.

O the conundrum!

QUOTE (mundum @ Jan 27 2008, 04:06 AM)
    I'm pretty much addicted to the entire Juno soundtrack. It's quite amazing.

It is pretty fantastic. It's nice that Kimya Dawson is going to be huge now. If you like it, I highly recommend Kimya's "Remember that I love you." Or! "Hidden Vagenda." The latter is a little sadder, but still absolutely wonderful. Or just the song "Who's Got the Crack?" for some more Moldy Peaches. (Put Your Mama in a Headlock Baby and Do it Right!) They were a ridiculous band.

I've always been glad that I've had people around me who have handed me music CDs and just told me to listen. Just like when I was standing outside with my now-boyfriend, eating Nilla Waffers, him handing off the Moldy Peaches to me, saying just to give them a listen. Music is meant to be shared. Fuck the haters.
  • A Wolf At The Door (It Girl. Rag Doll) by Radiohead.
  • Swallowed in the Sea
    - Coldplay

wub.gif
  • I've inhereted my mom's love for Janis Joplin.

I put on the Big Brother and the Holding Company album for the first time in a long time (my mom gave me her copy since I really liked the R. Crumb illustrated cover. I have some odd fascination with the man).

This morning, I put on the record and moved the needle to Janis Joplin's cover of "Summertime." I'm pretty sure that song is absolute perfection (with "Leaves That Are Green" by Simon and Garfunkel as a close second).

The woman was amazing

edit:
    Holy crap this is so good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTFF-BaT0MM
  • "Keep this with you" by Jet Lag Gemini THEY ROCK! I just got back from their show and it was soooooo much fun! and they rock! and they're hot!