In this Discussion

valentines day

Comments

• QUOTE (Felster @ Feb 13 2007, 04:04 PM)
    i miss the lil cards we used to get in grade school. Maybe i should attach a paper bag with cut out doily hearts onto my lecture desk.

hahahaha, yeah, i loved those cards. i remember going to the store the day b4 and buying the cards and sometimes candy...and then we would have a party. oh, how i do miss those days. high school sucks, a lot.
  • Happy Valentines Day from the guy with binoculars who watches you from across the street! wub.gif
  • heheh tempe! i saw that on letterman too!

I dont know what letterman was talking about, shafers valentines song rocked!

tonetoile, that mama gift sounds soo great!

hahah ... DUDE I GOT GOOGED!
  • do tou want to know why I think that celebrating Valentine's day over here is pure stupidity?Because it's not OUR tradition!!As for halloween and so many other days that like 10 years ago no one over here had ever heard about and then suddently stores have started announcing these days and people just went with the flow

it's just too stupid because we are loosing our traditions to adopt others!
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Feb 15 2007, 07:34 AM)
    heheh tempe! i saw that on letterman too!

I dont know what letterman was talking about, shafers valentines song rocked!

tonetoile, that mama gift sounds soo great!

hahah ... DUDE I GOT GOOGED!

Googled? That sounds like innuendo on a Valentines' thread. Oh, Fel.

I got goobers. Mmmm, pb and jelly in one jar. I love shafer's songs! Dave's such a grouch.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 13 2007, 01:08 PM)
    its the stupid day tomos for stupid people in love

HUMBUG TO IT ALL

p.s these are all amzing

bonus valentines points to those who "get" all 3

more points if you understand the title of the thread (which you all should) *shakes fist*

bouns points are up for grabs again, no looking back in the thread for clues, OR YOU LOSE POINTS

so V-day is coming up again, its still a stupid day for stupid happy people...

sigh..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 5 2008, 05:17 PM)
    bouns points are up for grabs again, no looking back in the thread for clues, OR YOU LOSE POINTS

so V-day is coming up again, its still a stupid day for stupid happy people...

sigh..

VG Cats, says Adam.
  • that wasnt the question!

it was what were they from, game wise
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 14 2007, 12:26 PM)
    i am aware of the roots of vanlentines, and everyone i know complains about crimbo being a clusterfuck of a holiday and is so very far away from celebrating the birth of chirst..

mad props for pandy!!
    because of the word CLUSTERFUCK
    wink.gif

oh yeah and im sick of little teeny boppers who talk in the hallways at school about their "new" boyfriends and how excited they are about valentines day, when everyone knows those girls can't keep a boyfriend for a week.
    *cough* anyways.
    i agree with anyone who says valentines day is too commercialized.
    i don't however diss the whole holiday, cuz its a special day to spend with your significant other. even with the lame cliche gifts its still sweet
  • I know all the answers, but I don't want to spoil the funny guessing part for the others... wink.gif
    wink.gif
    right

from deviantart: ashwings....

ok, now, valentines day is away another week and few days (I guess... today's the...?) and I realized that there's going to be a "flirt line" in our subway... I mean, official "Hey I'm lonely and thought I might want to sit and meet my future husband/wife in a smelling coach of the sub"??? Maybe it's just me though and it really is a nice idea... (I'm sure it's not. But then again, you might not know our sub)
  • At my school, student council writes EVERYONE's name on a little decorated heart (which I commend them for; there's around 4,000 of us) and arranges them by last name around the cafeteria. If you like someone, you take their heart, wear it, and present it to them on Valentine's Day.

I don't know if they'll do it this year. Last year I was a freshman, so I don't exactly know what the traditions are. And I haven't gotten a heart yet either. Oh well, I guess that was because my best friend and I took each other's. But still. Even though I would probably have rejected the person who might have given me my heart, it's still good to feel loved...

But still, cute idea.

But technically shouldn't you give them YOUR heart, not theirs?
  • vday=vagina day to me.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 6 2008, 11:56 PM)
    vday=vagina day to me.

True dat.
  • Valentines Day this year is Get High in Amsterdam Day for me, so I won't be complaining about it.

Have a good one everyone! Please don't be cliched and wear black if you don't like it though--wear lime green or something. And someone eat some of those candy hearts for me, I don't know why I like them so much but I can't get them here so I'll live vicariously through one of you guys.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 7 2008, 04:56 AM)
    vday=vagina day to me.

Correct. McGill had a whole couple of weeks of VDay activities, which I have unfortunately had to skip out on due to study-frenzy. I really wanted to go to "Cunt Crafts" tomorrow , but I'm having Wino Art Night instead (i.e. taking a break from Middle East midterm studying, getting together with a couple of friends, having a glass of wine, then going to the free night at the Musee D'Art Contemporain to see the new exhibit)

My roomies and I are having post-Valentine's day party where we're celebrating on the 15th by dressing in red and pink, buying all the on-sale old Valentine's day chocolates, going to the local 24 hour diner, and having girl-chat. We're pretty awesome.
  • tone, you ARE awesome. seriously. sounds like the best way to spend valentine's day smile.gif

i've got a little som' som' up my sleeve for another friend of mine. i can't wait.
  • I thought this was the cutest story ever, in today's Metro newspaper, and made me forgive the MBTA:

Train Boy, Train Girl
    A few years ago, I was on my usual train ride home, when the train suddenly came to a halt between stations. An announcement came over the intercom that the train had slightly derailed and we would be stuck on the tracks for a while, so I shut my eyes and dozed off. When a sub-sequent announcement woke me, I noticed a beautiful girl sitting in the seat in front of mine. We were stuck on the tracks for almost another hour, so I decided to lean forward and compliment her on the pretty purple streaks in her hair. We got to talking, but the problem had been fixed in the meantime, and I parted ways with her when we reached my stop. ... I started complaining to my friends about the chance I’d wasted with this amazing girl on the train, and since I didn’t know her name, I simply called her “Train Girl.”

About a week later, I was walking down Mass. Ave. in Cambridge when I ran right into her. I couldn’t help but blurt out, “Train Girl!” And she responded, “Train Boy!” It turns out that she had been complaining to all her friends about the missed opportunity with a boy she knew only as “Train Boy.”

Two years after that, we were married. At the wedding, all the center pieces were surrounded by little toy trains. ... On Nov. 4, she gave birth to triplet girls ... Maya, Hannah and Fiona. ... We owe our marriage and the lives of our three wonderful girls to a small intervention from the hand of fate and the incompetence of the MBTA.
    Jason Steeves, Lynn

• stupid day is stupid