In this Discussion

Damian and Bonerama to Appear on The Letterman Show

124»

Comments

• I taped it last night and I waited to watch it ALL DAY! It was totally worth it!!!! Damian kept loooking up!!! AHHHH He looks so happy!!!! *SQUEE
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 12 2008, 06:55 PM)
    My mom is also just getting used to Damian's new hair. She says, "It's an acquired taste. Like gefilte fish."

like durian (eww laugh.gif )

I have to confess, I still can't make my peace with Damian's new look... I want the hair and the colorful patterns and stripes back ( wub.gif sigh)
  • QUOTE (stacey0821 @ Feb 12 2008, 08:24 AM)
    I have watched it 3 times at least already. Who else???

I had to watch it around four times before I could get past the music and focus on the video itself.
    and I'm sure I'll watch it many times over.

seriously, though, I kept focusing on the music so much that I wasn't actually looking at the youtube screen. (and the bones! and the tuba! wub.gif wub.gif I'm a total band geek, in case anyone couldn't tell haha.. and the concept of a whole band of mostly trombones is so new to me, and yet SO COOL.)
    so I kept being like, "oh wait! I should focus on Damian cause everyone says he's heavenly!" and rewinding, and then getting lost in the music again.

although I suppose that bodes well for me in my quest to avoid utter melting-puddle-of-fangirl status.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

once I got around to him, Damian did look great, though.
    and his voice did sound the most relaxed/smoothest it's been in a looooong time- it's amazing what a little rest from constant touring will do to someone.
  • Meg, you clearly have NERVES OF STEEL. I'm massively impressed. wink.gif
  • I have watched it many many times now and it is still amazing. You think I would tire of it, but each time there is something fun that I love. Like Dave saying someone may get hurt. Damian and Craig hugging. The traditional Mark "dance". Matt sunglasses. Eric (the drummer not trying to smile too much) Damian's voice, the bass line, the horns......It was some of the best sound outta the Letterman studio. I kinda want to watch tonight to see if he says anything about the wonderful band!! smile.gif
  • I have to admit, Damian does look good with the white shirt and vest. I'll be okay if he keeps dressing like that. But if Tim changes his style, then I'll be upset.

QUOTE (stacey0821 @ Feb 12 2008, 05:24 AM)
    They have been in San Fran before...in facts lots o times. They will be back. Most likely this summer!! smile.gif

Now I'm sad to know that I've missed them so many times, but summer isn't that far away! Maybe if I'm lucky they'll come around my birthday. I need a good birthday concert.

QUOTE (Felster @ Feb 12 2008, 10:32 AM)
    UMMM i dunno why, but i think that was the most relaxed tv preformance that damian ever did. Maybe it was because his voice wasnt ravaged by intense touring like it usually is.

Yeah, I think this was Damian's best tv performance. He's finally in good health and he loves being with Bonerama, so that equals awesome tv performance!
  • I think I actually have a chance of seeing this!! ohmy.gif

I was kinda bummed today since I can't access youtube and I had heard such wonderful things from you guys. But lo and behold Letterman does air here and I'm quite sure this episode will be on tonight/early tomorrow morning!

This has made my day, seriously. biggrin.gif I can't wait!!

edit:
    Oh and no school tomorrow which means I can actually stay up to watch it tonight!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 12 2008, 11:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=159288
    Meg, you clearly have NERVES OF STEEL. I'm massively impressed. wink.gif

YES Meg! How do you do it??
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 13 2008, 09:00 AM)
    HAHAHAHHAHAHHHA laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
    Damian's hair and Jewish cuisine in the same sentence. Your mom is a TOTAL genius.

GAH! I forgot to mention how very much I appreciated that sentiment, Tempe! I love Mama Rose. :-D
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 13 2008, 07:06 AM)
    GAH! I forgot to mention how very much I appreciated that sentiment, Tempe! I love Mama Rose. :-D

Lol, I knew you guys would appreciate it. My mommy? Genius? Alice, you're too kind.

BTW, nobody hurt me, but I'm still trying to get used to the new hair. Meh, then again, everyone's entitled to try something new.
    (It also took me awhile to get used to Tim in a stache, and now I think nothing of it at all)
  • The whole performance was just plain brilliant. I only wish they could have done an interview.
  • I think I spent the last hour completely lost in that video and his smirk... and eyes... and hands... and, yes, even his hair.

Talking to Alice about all this really brings nice dreams I guess, my dream'll probably include loads of this:

thanks alice wub.gif
  • his hair is completely becoming. look at that little bit swept on his forehead!! AHHHHHHHH crap.
  • When he smirks at the very end and walks away from the mic...fdsjfkldhskfdsjf. I can't even handle it.
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 13 2008, 09:23 PM)
    When he smirks at the very end and walks away from the mic...fdsjfkldhskfdsjf. I can't even handle it.

Mmhmmmm wub.gif
    !!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 12 2008, 01:32 AM)
    Oh! There it is, everyone! She's *really* one of us now! wink.gif rolleyes.gif Welcome to the club, Miss Stacey!

*grins in recognition* Yes!

QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Feb 12 2008, 08:50 PM)
    Damian kept loooking up!!!

Yeah, that's what does me in, too.

When I watched it, I thought to myself, if he were my husband, I'd be so proud of him. I'm glad he's happy and doing something he loves that helps other people, too.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 13 2008, 09:00 AM)
    YES Meg! How do you do it??

I honestly don't know ohmy.gif

I'm thinking it's more a sign of how lame it is to get so worked up over a horn section
    rather than a sign of how good I am at ignoring Dami.

like, if I didn't get so distracted by the music
    I would have been just as lost as you guys

also, keep in mind that this was my first time really hearing the collaboration.
    (cause iTunes takes money and credit cards, neither of which I have sad.gif )
    so I had to get over that before I could concentrate on Damian.
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Feb 13 2008, 09:23 PM)
    When he smirks at the very end and walks away from the mic...fdsjfkldhskfdsjf. I can't even handle it.

Mmhmm! wub.gif