In this Discussion

Hitting the West Coast

edited November -1 in OK Go
These dates are up at okgo.net. Nothing on High Road as of yet.

03/20/2009 - House of Blues, San Diego, CA

03/21/2009 - House of Blues Anaheim, Anaheim, CA

03/24/2009 - The Catalyst, Santa Cruz, CA

03/25/2009 - Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA

03/27/2009 - Wonder Ballroom, Portland, OR

03/28/2009 - Chop Suey, Seattle, WA

I hope they're planning on hitting the Midwest, too.

Comments

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 16 2008, 02:17 PM)
    These dates are up at okgo.net. Nothing on High Road as of yet.

03/25/2009 - Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA

That's it! Time for a road trip to visit Kalinda. Who's in with me? wink.gif
  • AHHH so cloossssssseee!

But still a little too far. Oh, why do you taunt me so??
  • GUYS. THEY'RE RELEASING A NEW RECORD NEXT YEAR. THEY WILL BE GOING ON A NATIONAL TOUR, PROBABLY FOR MOST OF 2009.

THEY'LL BE BY YOU AT SOME POINT, DON'T WORRY. That's how these things work, kids.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 17 2008, 11:59 AM)
    GUYS. THEY'RE RELEASING A NEW RECORD NEXT YEAR. THEY WILL BE GOING ON A NATIONAL TOUR, PROBABLY FOR MOST OF 2009.

THEY'LL BE BY YOU AT SOME POINT, DON'T WORRY. That's how these things work, kids.

I know, I know.

I'll patiently wait my turn.
  • I just can't wait to book my Chicago trip!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 17 2008, 01:28 PM)
    I just can't wait to book my Chicago trip!!

If they have a show between April 30th and September 7th, then you'll also be able to visit the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry.

And I just found out today that the twins were in town last Thursday to announce it. Dammit!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Dec 16 2008, 05:30 PM)
    That's it! Time for a road trip to visit Kalinda. Who's in with me? wink.gif

You should totally come! Baked goods will be waiting for you if you do.

I'll definitely be at the SF show and possibly the Santa Cruz one. I can finally hug Dan (I almost forgot why I needed to hug him, but then I remembered that it's a thank you hug)!
  • Fuck yes!!

Anaheim here I come! They're playing in Santa Cruz for my birthday too.......... 8 hours away though..... but it'd be a great birthday.......

hm...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 17 2008, 12:59 PM)
    GUYS. THEY'RE RELEASING A NEW RECORD NEXT YEAR. THEY WILL BE GOING ON A NATIONAL TOUR, PROBABLY FOR MOST OF 2009.

Easy for you to say, Miss I-Am-Seeing-Them-Six-Times-In-March. dry.gif

(goes back to being green)
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Dec 19 2008, 12:07 PM)
    They're playing in Santa Cruz for my birthday too.......... 8 hours away though..... but it'd be a great birthday.......

If I go to that show and you're not there, I'll definitely call you for a couple songs.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 22 2008, 01:13 AM)
    Easy for you to say, Miss I-Am-Seeing-Them-Six-Times-In-March. dry.gif

(goes back to being green)

Hey, we're only going 5 times! We're not going to the Toad's Place show, because I feel there ought to be limits. (although I was downright near challenged to go to all 7 shows - now that the Portland show has been added) dry.gif

But yeah. I feel for you guys. I'm *sure* Midwestern dates will be posted soon enough, and when they are you'd better plan to be there for the Chicago show, Miss T-Dog.
  • Or, you know, dates up north...
  • OMGOMOIJSDKFJSADJF;LDJF!!
    if anyone wants to meet up at the Anaheim show,- so I'm not the only fool singing along to every song and doing the dance- please hollar!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 22 2008, 01:13 PM)
    Hey, we're only going 5 times! We're not going to the Toad's Place show, because I feel there ought to be limits. (although I was downright near challenged to go to all 7 shows - now that the Portland show has been added) dry.gif

But yeah. I feel for you guys. I'm *sure* Midwestern dates will be posted soon enough, and when they are you'd better plan to be there for the Chicago show, Miss T-Dog.

Oh, MY MISTAKE. A mere five times?? Pssssh. Amateurs.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I will, I will! My super and my students will know the all-mighty power of OK Go just as soon as a Chitown date is announced.
  • Aw, thanks ezorvera biggrin.gif

BUT! I've decided to make a road trip and do the California leg of the tour biggrin.gif!! I'm tentatively in for Santa Cruz and San Fran biggrin.gif! I think I'll be driving with fellow boardies from socal and we'll voyage our way up smile.gif!!!!! ahh!! Exciting!!

How are Santa Cruz hotels? I hear San Francisco hotels are very expensive too D: Should I book them now??
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 22 2008, 09:23 PM)
    Oh, MY MISTAKE. A mere five times?? Pssssh. Amateurs.

We were planning on five. We were challenged to seven. We may have to take that up, depending upon feelings and funds.
  • 03/21/2009 - House of Blues Anaheim, Anaheim, CA

so going to that one!

(wow, i REALLY need to get on these boards more often!
    i haven't been on in forever)
  • I bought my tickets for Anaheim! I'm totally phyched!
  • Woo Hoo!! This made my day. Seattle ticket=purchased. I hope to see some of you there.
  • PDX PDX PDX PDX

hahhh, i screamed and danced around the room when ticketmaster sent me an email for the presale for the portland date.
    SO STOKED.

if anyone else is going to the portland show, hit me uppp.