In this Discussion

ARGH WHY ARE WE DEAD?????

edited November -1 in OK Go
I get that there isn't much to talk about these days, but holy moly do I miss you people.

Here's a list of OK Go related topics we can discuss:
Dan's 35th birthday was Sunday and the thread wasn't bumped. Doesn't that make anyone sad?
I Love You Man, out on DVD 8/11
Taking Woodstock, in theaters 8/14
Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore and Tim on Twitter
How sad Andy must be that the Sox are behind the Yanks (awwww, poor baby)

C'mon ladies (and gents), let's revive our boards!

Comments

• I didn't know, but did, that Dan was 5 years older than me. I wonder if I had gone to Columbia College, would I have run into him? Probably not.

Thanks for the date on ILYM. I can't wait to see the deleted scenes aross was talking about. However, if those deleted scenes have also been cut from the extras, I'm totally gonna give him shite for it the next time I see him.

Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore is totally rockin' the Twitter. And I'm lovin' Tim's random tweets, not to mention the pics he posts.

Maybe if they started posting some pics/vids of their rehearsal sessions, we'd be more inclined to post. *hint, hint*

And just think, the album will probably be out in a few months.
  • I usually only log on when I have news to post or to complain so it's quite perfect that I have news that I can complain about!

OK Go played for Apple's Marketing Team picnic yesterday in Saratoga which means they were only ONE HOUR away from me. sad.gif sad.gif AND my uncle works at Apple (except I'm almost positive he doesn't work in marketing so I doubt he could have snuck me in)! Totally would have tried to crash this had I known about it beforehand.

Video of HIGA (in HD!)

And various photos I gathered off Twitter (probably all taken by iPhones).

http://twitpic.com/bye02 (Seems like such a waste to rent out the whole Mountain Winery for a few dozen people. Damn Apple's bucket loads of money)
    http://img194.yfrog.com/i/ljyj.jpg/
    http://twitpic.com/byi1l
    http://twitpic.com/bygii
    http://twitpic.com/byfbf
    http://twitpic.com/bykun
    http://img253.yfrog.com/i/r73.jpg/

I miss people too. I've been pretty antisocial lately. IRL and online.
  • Wow, that picnic seems like a total waste. Then again, it could be good rehearsal time.
  • Oooh Kalinda, thanks for finding that! I'd heard a few whispers about the guys playing for Apple, but nothing concrete. How awesome are you?! And Becky, I'll bet the guys made some nice coin on that picnic. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 30 2009, 09:35 AM)
    And Becky, I'll bet the guys made some nice coin on that picnic. biggrin.gif

You're probably very right.

I wonder if they scored some new iPhones at the same time.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jul 30 2009, 11:04 AM)
    You're probably very right.

I wonder if they scored some new iPhones at the same time.

OOOOOH GOOD POINT!!!!!!
  • Sowwy, Ms. Rachel. I visit the site a lot, but I guess I've just been lurking lately.

How are things with everyone??

P.S. Damian looks like he's about to eat the microphone in that first pic. *MUNCH*
  • I am guilty of not bumping the Dan thread; from now on, I will make Dan Konopka my first and foremost responsibility.

I too am guilty of not being online much these days; work consumes me and there isn't much to talk about it seems. Though....I thought the album was due this month originally?

I really miss their faces behind the microphones.

I'm liking Tim's socks, here.
  • And just when I thought Damian's red socks were brilliant...
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Aug 3 2009, 09:25 PM)
    And just when I thought Damian's red socks were brilliant...

I take it you've never seen Damian's orange socks.

Or Tim's purple socks.

• Maybe they'll soon be known as the 'colourful sock band' as well as the 'choreographed dance band'...
  • I know, I'm sorry - I'm here, sometimes, but it's also summer, which means I'm overloaded at work. Last year life was really tough (mostly because my coworkers and I were severely understaffed), but also, I realized, because life loses a certain shine without OK Go. 2007 was a LOT more fun than 2008. Again, there are a lot of reasons for this, but still, I notice the absence.

Does anyone else find it funny that we have an active thread about why we're so inactive? I love you guys.

OK Go and Apple are quite the bedmates, it seems. When they did the acoustic set at the Apple Store in Chicago in April, between songs, Damian said, "Oh, here's a live iPhone commercial for you, because, um, we have to tune a guitar, and...(pulls iPhone dramatically from jeans pocket)...there's an app for that."*

Maybe we could just tell each other stories.

*edit: I don't mean to imply there was anything hucksterish or paid-endorsement-like about the spontaneous live commercial. It was just a clever thing to say, and we were in the Apple Store, so it made sense. I'm just saying the connections between those guys and Apple are many, including this recent private concert.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Aug 4 2009, 08:55 PM)
    OK Go and Apple are quite the bedmates, it seems. When they did the acoustic set at the Apple Store in Chicago in April, between songs, Damian said, "Oh, here's a live iPhone commercial for you, because, um, we have to tune a guitar, and...(pulls iPhone dramatically from jeans pocket)...there's an app for that."*

*edit: I don't mean to imply there was anything hucksterish or paid-endorsement-like about the spontaneous live commercial. It was just a clever thing to say, and we were in the Apple Store, so it made sense. I'm just saying the connections between those guys and Apple are many, including this recent private concert.

This is what Suzanne is talking about:

Yes, aross is using an iPhone to tune his geetar. (it's the little white thing on the blue glockenrockin'-spiel.) And sorry about Damian's crazy face in this pic.

I think all I'm going to do for this thread is post pictures that relate to what others have posted.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Aug 4 2009, 11:20 PM)
    I think all I'm going to do for this thread is post pictures that relate to what others have posted.

Oh the urge to make up some ridiculous story and suggest you post the picture. Alas, I shall restrain myself.

Hahahaha, that's hilarious, Suzanne. I can totally hear that whole exchange in my head, too. biggrin.gif

I have to say it's nice to see OK Go-world explode a bit again with this MTV nomination. The next CD is going to be epic, I can FEEL it.
  • I literally just realized that I haven't been on the boards in WEEKS. And the only reason I'm here now is because I really don't want to do my comp sci project.

sad.gif

I'm sorry guys. I guess real life and my epic laziness got in the way for a while.
  • Why did OK Go stop putting out podcasts and audio blogs? Maybe if they did that again I would start to care more.
  • There is a movie called Old Dogs coming out with Robin Williams and John Travolta and in their trailer they play HIGA about 1 minute in.....Old Dogs Trailer