In this Discussion

WTF?

edited November -1 in OK Go
We weren't allowed to talk about it too much before, but it's official. The boys have a new video. It's in the iTunes store, along with the new song. And if you pre-order the album you'll get "Back From Katmandu" automatically, plus a remix of white knuckles when the album comes out. And you'll get "Louisiana Land" which didn't make it on the album but is still one of my favorites. It sounds like the Kinks doing an OK Go song, if you ask me. Anyway. Go grab the new video and song and tell me what you think:

http://bit.ly/okgowtf

And, because I know this is going to piss you off: I'm pretty sure it's only in the US store right now. You should look, though. But I'm as bummed out as you are if you don't find it.

Comments

• OMG YES it's so trippy. In a good way. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Is this going to be YouTubed soon??
  • For some reason I can't find where to pre-order the CD on iTunes. It will pop up and then disappear.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 10 2009, 01:39 AM)
    For some reason I can't find where to pre-order the CD on iTunes. It will pop up and then disappear.

yeah, it's all weird. i think they're still updating stuff. you might be able to get through to it from the music video page.
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Nov 10 2009, 01:27 AM)
    OMG YES it's so trippy. In a good way. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Is this going to be YouTubed soon??

of course. but iTunes has kindly asked us not to put it up anywhere else for a week or so.
  • Oohh OK. I will wait patiently for awhile, then. Unless I can find someone to lend me 2 dollars. memehemee
  • Love the song! Saw the little preview for the video and it looked amazing!
    Yeah, it's not letting me buy it so far and it seemed like on one page i went to, the description of the single was about Katy Perry... silly itunes! :}

And what is this about Katmandu?
  • QUOTE (Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Nov 10 2009, 06:11 AM)
    And, because I know this is going to piss you off: I'm pretty sure it's only in the US store right now. You should look, though. But I'm as bummed out as you are if you don't find it.

I love that you're preempting my bitching now. It looks AMAZING though smile.gif
    So can you only pre-order the CD on US itunes as well? Or can us Brits get in on some of that extra tracks action?

• i'm even MORE excited for our show tonight than before...
    shite.
  • *sighs* I shall wait that week, then biggrin.gif
  • I think iTunes might be updated/corrected now. I was able to pre-order the CD with extras. Though I appear to have bought BFK twice. smile.gif
  • Will tracks 14 and 15 be available on the CD or are they just for iTunes?
  • Does anyone know when this vid was filmed?

• That, is one of the musical highlights this year. How stunning is the song? Beautifull.
    I really do think the production of Dave Fridmann is a good move of the guys.

I can only watch 30 seconds of the vid in iTunes and can not download any of the songs. USA only sad.gif
    I guess I'll have to wait a few more days. I'm sure the vid will pop up on YouTube one of these days..

I'm extremely happy with new OK Go music. Big up guys!
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Nov 10 2009, 10:06 AM)
    I guess I'll have to wait a few more days. I'm sure the vid will pop up on YouTube one of these days..

I have it on good authority that it'll be available everywhere in 6 days!
  • It figures that they would release this the day that I get back from spending literally ALL of my money. a'ldfghvakdslufhjlakshrdfaklhrgdf Gonna have to wait for my paycheck on Friday, fml.
  • Saw the video. It blew my mind.
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Nov 10 2009, 08:40 PM)
    Saw the video. It blew my mind.

I just noticed after watching the video a million times... CONFETTI!

Do they love that stuff or what!
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Nov 11 2009, 04:40 AM)
    Saw the video. It blew my mind.

Ha! That's EXACTLY the words I used in my review of the WTF? video on Itunes!

It blew my mind. I'm still picking up the pieces, but every time I get even remotely close to putting my mind back together, I just can't help myself and watch the video again. Then...

BAM!!! My mind is blown again.
  • WOW.
    That vid is AMAZING. Yes, it does remind me of when my computer stuffs up, but that's a good thing in this video. No, an AWESOME thing.
    My mind is blown just like everyone elses...into a million pieces.
  • Only available in the US, so I can only see the shitty YouTube quality...please tell me there's some place I can actually buy a high quality version of this song...it's not fair that I'd have to pirate it just because I can't legally get it. >.<