In this Discussion

WTF?

Comments

• oh damn! that isn't fair!!
    I can't watch the video because I'm from Germany...grrrr
    It's the making of WTF? right?? I wanna see it!! dry.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Nov 16 2009, 10:29 PM)
    Long story short.
    Is there a way I can get the YouTube verison on to my iPod?

listentoyoutube.com or download the Media Converter plug-in for Firefox. Vixy.net is also there, but it's pretty temperamental.

People, take note of this, please.

QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Nov 17 2009, 11:37 AM)
    oh damn! that isn't fair!!
    I can't watch the video because I'm from Germany...grrrr
    It's the making of WTF? right?? I wanna see it!! dry.gif

Weird...YouTube restricts access based on location...? I didn't know it did that.

The easy thing would be to ask someone to rip the vid and send it to you...

PS, Dan's Personal Struggle With The Ikea Chair = the best.
  • I use dirpy.com for ripping stuff from youtube, it's the best one I've found so far. *shrug*

And yeah, country-based restrictions on Youtube are always really lame. Sorry for you non-Americans out there sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

That video, however- anything but lame. Sometimes stuff like this happens, and I remember why I love this band so much <3
  • It's like they literally want to encourage piracy by locking out specific countries. :/
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 17 2009, 01:15 PM)
    And yeah, country-based restrictions on Youtube are always really lame. Sorry for you non-Americans out there sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Well, I already asked someone to rip it and send it to me, so I'm good. I'm sure that somebody else will do the same and post it so that it can be seen internationally.

QUOTE (canter @ Nov 17 2009, 06:04 PM)
    It's like they literally want to encourage piracy by locking out specific countries. :/

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd that's why the music industry today is fucked up.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 17 2009, 06:55 PM)
    Well, I already asked someone to rip it and send it to me, so I'm good. I'm sure that somebody else will do the same and post it so that it can be seen internationally.

Oh, I totally forgot you're in Paris! Whoops xD But it's good you got it.
  • QUOTE (canter @ Nov 17 2009, 06:04 PM)
    It's like they literally want to encourage piracy by locking out specific countries. :/

nobody thinks this is more ridiculous then we do. but we're trying to figure something out. give us a moment.

in the meantime, it's up on myspace which may not have any country restrictions. try there.
  • I found this on NME today. That's a British site, so I'm hoping that the country restrictions won't matter?

http://www.nme.com/news/ok-go/48454
  • Well HTF? works for me now on YouTube!! smile.gif
  • I've watched HTF like....7 times over the last 12 hours.
  • i've watched WTF? and HTF? so many times already, i had a dream about it last night. thanks for throwing water filled beach balls at me, TIM!
  • Psychadonkey! has definitly got to be my favorite part. I had a dream last night that Tim and his grandma and I were on a cruise ship to mexico and they would only serve us mexican food. His grandma got fresh with one of the workers and they just ignored her and handed us burritos...TWAS WEIRD
  • Argh. So much for a few days...I guess they really don't give a shit about non-americans. Fail. I've lost the little small tiny amount of faith I had left in the music industry. tongue.gif

Actually, I'm not sure that faith was there to start.
  • QUOTE (canter @ Nov 23 2009, 01:57 PM)
    Argh. So much for a few days...I guess they really don't give a shit about non-americans. Fail. I've lost the little small tiny amount of faith I had left in the music industry. tongue.gif

Actually, I'm not sure that faith was there to start.

Yep, they don't give a shit about you. That's why they've been continually arguing with their label and itunes since the release to get it out there for you, and why J0rge keeps responding to you saying that they think it's as ridiculous as you do.

Blame the band. Because it's definitely their fault.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 24 2009, 10:59 AM)
    Yep, they don't give a shit about you. That's why they've been continually arguing with their label and itunes since the release to get it out there for you, and why J0rge keeps responding to you saying that they think it's as ridiculous as you do.

Blame the band. Because it's definitely their fault.

Yes, because they certainly couldn't put up a version on their web site to purchase without country limits...or use any other service that doesn't have those idiotic restrictions...like amazon, napster, etc, etc...there's literally hundreds of options to solve this problem yet nobody's doing anything. They're losing sales and encouraging piracy...I don't understand.
  • QUOTE (canter @ Nov 25 2009, 10:19 AM)
    Yes, because they certainly couldn't put up a version on their web site to purchase without country limits...or use any other service that doesn't have those idiotic restrictions...like amazon, napster, etc, etc...there's literally hundreds of options to solve this problem yet nobody's doing anything. They're losing sales and encouraging piracy...I don't understand.

You seriously think that the band has some power over this?

Instead of making a stink on the boards, why don't you contact Capitol Records directly and let them know of your grievance as they are the ones pulling all the strings right now. To make it easier, just email them here: writeus@hollywoodandvine.com. (Addy taken from here.)
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 25 2009, 11:44 AM)
    You seriously think that the band has some power over this?

I work in the recording industry, and yes, yes I do. If the band really thought it was an issue, it would've been fixed by now.
  • QUOTE (canter @ Nov 29 2009, 09:08 AM)
    I work in the recording industry, and yes, yes I do. If the band really thought it was an issue, it would've been fixed by now.

So, have you contacted Capitol yet?

Or is that just hopeful thinking that you would go to the label and ask "why?" instead of continually coming here and chastising the band.
  • QUOTE (canter @ Nov 29 2009, 10:08 AM)

Yeah, every label, no matter what country they're from, has the *exact* same policies as whatever label you (presumably) work for. And Capitol has never done what they wanted to do, completely ignoring the needs/requests of their artists. I also have a bridge to sell you, it's in Brooklyn.

Your profile says you're in Orlando, so I'm assuming you have some connections in the States. Why don't you ask someone to buy it for you and pay them back? That's what I did when there were tracks I wanted that were only available in the UK iTunes store. That way you still get to pay the artist for their work.

Keep bellyaching all you want, but frankly you're doing it in the wrong place. You were lucky to get any response from J0rge here, and I'd be very surprised if you got another. All you're doing by complaining on the boards is annoying the other fans.

Back to discussing the video.

Here is a really complimentary (not to mention well-written) blog about the clip.