In this Discussion

valentines day

124»

Comments

• QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Feb 13 2009, 06:06 PM)
    stupid day is stupid

aww, hug a stranger, kiss a tree, you'll feel better...
  • we have no trees =[

and the stangers will shiv me....like they shived the trees..
  • *I* love you, Andy!
  • *Huuuugs* Andy, be my Valentine? I don't got one, you don't got one. You're British. You're Amazing. Mister, you'd be doing this lowly Tempe a favor.

• My roommate and I are both in long distance relationships with men who don't particularly believe in Valentine's day.

So, we're taking each other out on a date tomorrow! Milkshakes and then sneaking Hershey's kisses into the movie theater to see Coraline. I was thinking about getting her a Val-Day gift; we already have plenty of chocolate, and flowers cost monies I don't have. WHAT DO I DO??
  • I've only twice before ever had a boy when vday rolled around and on both occasions, they were out of town. (One visiting family friends, the other...who knows where, but he broke up with me the following Monday.) And considering I have work 10-5 tomorrow and my current boy is m.i.a. (and that's making me unhappy and paranoid), looks like we're going three for three. Feh.
  • i celebrated valentines day today instead of tomorrow. tomorrow i shall sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and that pretty much covers it
  • For valentine's day, my main group of friends (there are about 14 of us) each wrote little notes about what we liked about each other, and put them in little red envelopes. So we each received a red envelope full of sweet little comments from everyone else in the group!!! It was so lovely smile.gif

A couple of my faves:
    "The groupie-esque love of all things OK Go is oddly endearing. Oh and a fantastically funny cox"
    "Never a dull moment with you! Many a time I had to resist kissing your cute pout"
    "Alice IS the party! Always really fun to be with"
    "HOT. (but not as hot as me)" <-------- from hot welsh Johnny Depp lookalike

This one scares me a little"
    "I like it when you put me in a gimp mask and whip me until I bleed."
    For the record, this has never happened. With him or anyone else!
  • Three for three.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 15 2009, 09:14 PM)
    Three for three.

sad.gif sorry lover

Mine was pretty great, actually. Minus the fact that I'm really sick and I had to work 5-10 sad.gif BUT! I had my BEST friend Andy over, with two of his friends, over to the girls' upstairs for pizza and Guitar Hero World Tour wink.gif total success. I had to sing, which, was AWFUL because I can't sing AND I was sick... so my rendition of R.E.M's "The One I Love" (5 times) was pretty nasty.

And I may or may not have developed a TINY crush on one of my bosses... unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 15 2009, 06:48 AM)
    For valentine's day, my main group of friends (there are about 14 of us) each wrote little notes about what we liked about each other, and put them in little red envelopes. So we each received a red envelope full of sweet little comments from everyone else in the group!!! It was so lovely smile.gif

That's what we did in my house! we each got a list w/ everyone's name, and wrote something nice next to it. And it was house-wide, so I got about 50 little notes about me smile.gif

And also, I somehow got stuck cutting up and organizing all of them, so I spent about 6 1/2 hours friday night doing that.... but that's ok, lol.

aside from that, I mostly slept yesterday.
  • <3 BUMP <3
  • I don't have anyone for Vday and the one year I did have a valentine it turned out horribly wrong. I plan on going to church tomorrow and then spending the rest of the day in bed wishing I didn't exist and that the boy i like would come over and cuddle.
  • Here's how I spent my Valentine's Day, a geeky guy who looked like the lead singer of Fall Out Boy attempted to flirt with me at the grocery store. Is the lead singer of FOB cute? Not at all, but it must be fun to resemble a famous person.

The dude in the hat is who I'm referring to:
    http://www.last.fm/music/Fall+Out+Boy/+images/12331619
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 14 2010, 10:41 PM)
    Here's how I spent my Valentine's Day, a geeky guy who looked like the lead singer of Fall Out Boy attempted to flirt with me at the grocery store. Is the lead singer of FOB cute? Not at all, but it must be fun to resemble a famous person.

But seriously Tempe? Patrick Stump has one of the best voices in rock n roll today. I would give my left arm to sing a duet with him. And I state from experience that geeks make the best boyfriends. You know like that old Avis commercial, "We're #2, we try harder"? Geeks definitely try harder. wink.gif
  • I spent the day writing valentine limericks (which is weird and not possible and still fun) and a poem. Yay for taking a 2-week course on pop and poetry. (right now pretty much everything in my head is either rhyme or in some weird metre)
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 15 2010, 11:33 AM)
    (right now pretty much everything in my head is either rhyme or in some weird metre)

OooOooo! I wanna be able to do that! Awesome!

Lol@Rachel. If he were Jewish, I would've given it a chance.

BTW, did I tell you all that I met a child named Bris?! Seriously, do those parents have any idea what that word means?

Sorry! Too random blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 15 2010, 09:55 PM)
    BTW, did I tell you all that I met a child named Bris?! Seriously, do those parents have any idea what that word means?

OK, For real? That's CRAZY. Stupid people are stupid.