In this Discussion

Dude Sounds Like A Lady

2»

Comments

• Definitely the beegees. I'm not sure a mans voice can get much higher then theirs.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Aug 28 2005, 09:38 PM)
    oooh, I loooove Bowie. Labyrinth, anyone?

Ahh, Labyrinth, one of my personal favorites (when I was really little, I couldn't tell if Jareth was a guy or a girl..) Bowie was known as "the" androgynous singer throughout the '70's. Come on people, a person's vocal tendencies are only a small part of being androgynous!!

It doesn't get more girly than Ziggy Stardust!

tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Aug 29 2005, 11:58 PM)
    Ahh, Labyrinth, one of my personal favorites (when I was really little, I couldn't tell if Jareth was a guy or a girl..) Bowie was known as "the" androgynous singer throughout the '70's. Come on people, a person's vocal tendencies are only a small part of being androgynous!!
    Yes, I agree. But then that would knock Claudio out of my poll and he is...something else man. Have you heard him sing "Time Consumer," "Blood Red Summer" or "A Favor House Atlantic?" And then look at the DUDE! blink.gif
    But again, I like his vocals, especially in those songs. He was the main inspiration for the thread title.
  • I've only heard maybe 2 songs of theirs, and I wasn't impressed at all, so I can't honestly say I remember what his voice sounded like. I'll have to find some 30 second clip of those songs or something to check it out.
  • i dont know about him
    he's like...
    i like the songs the first time i hear it
    and his voice doesnt annoy me
    but the more and more i hear the songs, it begins to annoy me.
  • I was really surprised that Claudio was a big dude, cuz usually when a guy sounds very much like a girl, he looks androgynous. But of course, there are always exceptions...
    Oh, belated agreement with the Bee Gees! Not my favorite androgynous vocals, but such vocals definitely throw you off!
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Aug 30 2005, 12:23 AM)
    i dont know about him
    he's like...
    i like the songs the first time i hear it
    and his voice doesnt annoy me
    but the more and more i hear the songs, it begins to annoy me.
    Actually, I'm not really a huge Coheed and Cambria fan, since I only like a few select songs...the ones I listed above. The rest are either okay or just different in a way that doesn't appeal to me as much. And they're somewhat pretentious...tho that's not necessarily a bad trait.
  • Ahhh I like David Bowie and Barry Gibb, but I say vocals of Smokey Robinson and Chet Baker tempt me.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Aug 30 2005, 12:58 AM)

It doesn't get more girly than Ziggy Stardust!

tongue.gif

That might be one of the greatest pictures ever. I couldn't love Bowie anymore if I tried.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Aug 30 2005, 12:33 PM)
    That might be one of the greatest pictures ever. I couldn't love Bowie anymore if I tried.

I want to see Bowie in concert, soooo bad. That, or find out that there really is an "Underground" and Jareth is real, haha. "Through dangers untold, and hardships unnumbered..." (yes, I can recite the whole thing)

bettyNLBboop, I forsee a Labyrinth viewing party in the near future? (after an OK Go show, of course)
  • Whenever I play Cold War Kids for my friends, they always ask me if the person singing [Nathan Willett] is a guy or girl.
  • I voted Prince because I adore him... but honestly. hes one of the most manliest singers I know off.
  • prince effing owns
  • What about the voice of Geddy Lee?
    How did it get so high?
    I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy.