In this Discussion

Please report new message board bugs and annoyances here

edited November -1 in OK Go

The new board will need some tweaking over the next few weeks.  Please post any bugs and general comments to this thread.

Thanks!

Comments

• First of all, I like the design, it looks great and pretty easy to use. 

I've had some problems with the old boards cause some things just would not work for me (quoting and befriending and leaving comments on people's profiles, etc.)

I just wanted to change my avatar, but it did not work, the uploading did, but I could not update my profile, it said: "mayonaise is already in use - Please choose a different display name" 

Confused

• mayonaise said:

First of all, I like the design, it looks great and pretty easy to use. 

I've had some problems with the old boards cause some things just would not work for me (quoting and befriending and leaving comments on people's profiles, etc.)

I just wanted to change my avatar, but it did not work, the uploading did, but I could not update my profile, it said: "mayonaise is already in use - Please choose a different display name" 

Confused

Read this to get your old stuff back: http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=4308&pid=181540&st=0&#entry181540

• "Read this to get your old stuff back: http://okgo.forumsunlimited.co…..ntry181540"

I tried that and I still don't seem to have my old stuff back.

• I think I did something wrong. Oh well. Is anyone else having to do math to post a reply sometimes?
  • sunnyside said: Is anyone else having to do math to post a reply sometimes?

haha, not to post, just had to when i registered...

also i'm curious to know if i'll get my mod powers on this board?!?

• Is anyone able to see new posts since their last login in?  I see the little icon for it but there's no link.
  • I can't see them, no, Sam.  Also, it would be nice if we could possibly make it so we had the option to click on the most recent page of a thread from the list, rather than opening the first page and having to go to the last page.
  • DJRose said:Also, it would be nice if we could possibly make it so we had the option to click on the most recent page of a thread from the list, rather than opening the first page and having to go to the last page.

agreed...

• darbie_starpower said:
    DJRose said:Also, it would be nice if we could possibly make it so we had the option to click on the most recent page of a thread from the list, rather than opening the first page and having to go to the last page.

agreed…

Third-ed-ded.

Also, when I'm reading the boards, but not signed in, when I go to login, I'm sent to Wordpress and have to go back to the main page and then back to the boards. Yeah, I know, I'm complaining about a few clicks, but it would be easier to be sent back to the same page you came from versus having to navigate back.

And another thing, when we do end up quoting someone else, is it possible to show when the original poster posted their post? Like above, it would read "DJRose posted 3/22/10 at 7:24am" and then "darbie_starpower posted 3/22/10 at 7:30am".

One more thing, are we able to change the time to our current time? This post says I made it at 9:55 am when it's 12:55 pm here. I realize I can simply add 3 hours to know when something was posted, but I really don't feel like doing math, I was a theatre major, we didn't need math.

Ooh, ooh, one more, one more. Can we have the option to quote more than just one poster? I see that I can quote someone who quoted someone else. But say I wanted to quote darbie_starpower and samanferr. When I click the quote button, it takes me right to a reply.

• all i ask, is can we have a time zone setting please =]

or invent a new time zone, and okgo zone

• And before I forget, what about seeing who is currently on-line on the boards? I see that next to someone's username there will be a red dot if they're on-line, but unless you go through the threads or pull up specific members, you won't know who's on and who's not. Also, if this is put back into action, will people be able to go "invisible"?

Oh noes, firefox spellcheck doesn't work in here. See, I can type this: adfasdfasdf and there's no red line. Oh, wait, there's a spellcheck built in to the post thingy. Nevermind.

Oh, and the background does make it a little hard to read. Can there be a background like in the quotes?

I think that's all I got for now.

• I think the new board is lovely except for that background. With all the complexities to the layout it just doesn't work to have everything floating on those (albeit pretty) lines. Can't you put some boxes and/or white backgrounds on, like you have with the store (which also has complexities to the layout)? Also you need to take a look at this "new post" page; there's a bunch of white text on grey…

Also, I just noticed I'm getting a little wrench icon next to each topic in the list of topics, which lets me edit the thread title. Pretty sure I shouldn't be able to do that! (not that I would ;))

• Will said:

I think the new board is lovely except for that background. With all the complexities to the layout it just doesn't work to have everything floating on those (albeit pretty) lines. Can't you put some boxes and/or white backgrounds on, like you have with the store (which also has complexities to the layout)? Also you need to take a look at this "new post" page; there's a bunch of white text on grey…

Also, I just noticed I'm getting a little wrench icon next to each topic in the list of topics, which lets me edit the thread title. Pretty sure I shouldn't be able to do that! (not that I would ;))

Um. Yeah. This. I feel like I'm reading text that's migrating away from me on the page. It's...weird. :S

• sunnyside said:

"Read this to get your old stuff back: http://okgo.forumsunlimited.co.....ntry181540"

I am having the same issue. I migrated sucessfully (at least, the site claimed), but every time I try to update my profile, jezebelseven is already in use – Please choose a different display name. (Wondering what this will post as, actually…)

I also have major issues with the background. Love it on the left, but text on it is miserable, it'd be nice at least to have a semi-transparent solid background on it?

Oh, and not a big deal, but it'd be cool if we could list our Youtube username in our profiles section too. Seems to ask for every other major networking site, and with ok go being such a known band via youtube, it'd be nice. That or I am just trying to get more hits from my video from the CD101 big room show. Your choice.

Oh, and flickr.

• jezebelseven said:
    sunnyside said:

"Read this to get your old stuff back: http://okgo.forumsunlimited.co.....ntry181540"

I am having the same issue. I migrated sucessfully (at least, the site claimed), but every time I try to update my profile, jezebelseven is already in use - Please choose a different display name. (Wondering what this will post as, actually...)

I also have major issues with the background. Love it on the left, but text on it is miserable, it'd be nice at least to have a semi-transparent solid background on it?

Ditto on the username. I wasn't able to revert back to my old settings (then again, the email address is no longer in use). Any way to get my stats back? I hate looking like a noob. :)

• And now a bug with my avatar...

I originally uploaded the wrong version of the pic (which was ginormous and uncropped, I is smart) I wanted, and while on the forum it showed resized, in my profile area it showed original size.

So I deleted it to reupload the version I meant to.

Uploaded that and it said to save and refresh, and upon refreshing, my avatar is the generic newbie one still.

Tried uploading it again, and it now says "Sorry, the file already exists!"

Yet there's nothing there to delete. :( I am an awesome beta tester because I am awesome at breaking things.

Although now I fixed it by changing the file name, so it's work-around-able, and who knows if it's a recreatable bug or not... But yeah. Anyway. I'll post it in case anyone else comes across the problem.

• Wheee posting like crazy.

I appear to be dumb and didn't click on the merge link that was sent to my email like I thought I did. Now it's letting me use my username.  I thought the 'welcome to ok go' email was the same as 'message board link'.

I now go hang my head in embarrassment. And reupload my avatar. Again.
  • Found another thing. Can the option of previewing the post before posting be available again?
  • I am a wee bit confused by your background discussion ... I can read perfectly well, ... do I have a different background or something?

previewing the post would be a great thing! Laugh