In this Discussion

Please report new message board bugs and annoyances here

Comments

• Byron Green III said:

I'm not certain if this is a bug or an annoyance, but I'm apparently able to change any topic name at will, even if I didn't start it. Every thread on the board here has a little wrench icon next to it allowing me to change the thread titles.

If others have this ability, it could leave the board open to vandalism in the future.

i also have the wrench icon, but only here on the ok go forum, not on any of the subforums...

• darbie_starpower said:
    Byron Green III said:

I'm not certain if this is a bug or an annoyance, but I'm apparently able to change any topic name at will, even if I didn't start it. Every thread on the board here has a little wrench icon next to it allowing me to change the thread titles.

If others have this ability, it could leave the board open to vandalism in the future.

i also have the wrench icon, but only here on the ok go forum, not on any of the subforums...

I'm having the same xperience.

• Do I have something not set right? I can't see anyone else who is also on line with me? I miss that. Makes it feel more lonely.

• Tempe Arizona said:

Do I have something not set right? I can't see anyone else who is also on line with me? I miss that. Makes it feel more lonely.

Yeah, I miss that feature, too. :(

• The "Watching" feature at upper right isn't working right.  I've hit the "Watch" button at the bottom of the page on two threads: this one and my "Request – lost picture" thread.  When I hit the "Watching" button at the top of the screen, sometimes it lists one of those threads, sometimes the other, sometimes none at all (saying something like "You are not watching any topics."), and I've made sure I'm logged in every time.  Right now, when I hit it, it doesn't list this thread.  But on the regular screen (not the "watching" pop-up) for this thread, it says at the top, "You are watching this topic."

Also, the counter to the left of the "Watching" button hasn't said anything other than zero any of the times I've been here, even though it ought to have a number because there have been more posts to this thread in the interim.

And I have a question re: how the "Watching" feature is supposed to work.  Are we supposed to get email alerts from this board when we're watching threads?  Because we did on the old board and I haven't been getting any from this one, and to me, that's the definition of "watching" as opposed to coming to the board itself to see whether there have been replies …

Thanks~

• It is difficult to read the text; could we have a solid-colored background?  

• First, I would like to say that I didn't post much in the older board, so I just made a new account here. 

I'm trying to set my profile, but I'm kinda lost here, I won't say this is a bug, because it may be I'm just lazy or tired. As of the background, The colors are pretty, but it makes a bit hard to read, specially when you are scrolling, if we could have a solid background only in the posts are, it would be easier. And least tiresome in the eyes.

Other thing is that everytime some posts an image it won't open

Oh yeah, and I also have to do the math to post

• DJRose said:I can't see them, no, Sam.  Also, it would be nice if we could possibly make it so we had the option to click on the most recent page of a thread from the list, rather than opening the first page and having to go to the last page.

You know what's weird, I have this option when I view the Boards on my phone. Can't explain it.

• I'ma be bad and mention something without bothering to see if anyone's already said it:

I find that there are very few thread displayed on each page of a subforum. When I click on the OK Go subforum, I get, what, ten threads? Then I have to go a page back to see 11-20, and another for 21-30. What happens is that I only glance at what's on the first page, and forget that there may be some recent topics or discussions that I can't see because I forgot to go back a page.

I guess the point is asking if we could have, say, 20 or 30 threads displayed on each page, instead of 10 or so.

• It might not be a bad idea to post something on the front along the lines of "The guys generally do not read these boards.  They're moderated by staff and most frequented by fans.  Therefore, if you want to say something TO OK Go, use xyz channels."

• I just noticed all the updates - Thank you ARoss!!!!
  • DJRose said:I just noticed all the updates - Thank you ARoss!!!!

Ditto!

• Getting there.  Will try to get to the rest when I have time.

Love,

aross

• YAY! Thank you so much, ARoss, you freakin' genius!! 
  • Me too! These changes are much appreciated and make me inclined to be on here more often. Thank you, Andy! You're the best. Also, I think of you every time I see "Math Required!" at the bottom. Smile
  • Dear Sir, Andy, aross...

And you program too? Could you be more freaking epic?

Thank you for the solid color background on the posts!

a fan since Jan 8, 2010,

Amber

• Hooray. This all makes me happy.
  • aross,

When I logon, I am redirected to Wordpress. Just reminding you.

Also, when I go back to previous posts, I don't have the option to edit it. It was available before, any chance we can get that back?

And, uh, Math is Power?

• Awesome job aross!
  • When I favorite an Ok Go page, so I can read later it saves as Andy.

So sometimes I forgot about this, and when I go find it for my favorite pages to read there's always a page saved as Andy, and i'm like, WTF? And then I remember...

So andy, you are awesome and all, but can we have the pages favorite as ok go? hahahahaWink

BTW, thanks for all the fixes