In this Discussion

The Next Boardie Meet-Up?

edited November -1 in OK Go
I talked to Rachel tonight and she had the awesome idea of us all making a video the next time we gather? I think it sounds like F U N! I'm posting this for her because at the moment she is in airport limbo. Any ideas?

Comments

• a few years back a couple of canadian boardies got together and recorded a little video of the show / them saying hi to all us other boardies / some of the boys saying hi to us boardies...
  • Remake "Don't Ask Me" dance booth version?
  • samanferr! said:Remake "Don't Ask Me" dance booth version?

Ok, that is a GREAT idea!! I think if people still can't go, maybe they can send in their video to the person who is editing it all together. 

• YES.  And it's sooooo easy. All we need is a red sheet. 

OMG and we could even write what states we're from just like in the video.  yes.

• Great ideas. Keep 'em coming!
  • YoDoofball! said:
    samanferr! said:Remake "Don't Ask Me" dance booth version?

Ok, that is a GREAT idea!! I think if people still can't go, maybe they can send in their video to the person who is editing it all together. 

I don't have a new idea, just a HELL YEAH for the remake of the dance booth and a video savvy person edit it together! I already have a red sheet. =D

LOVE that idea! 

• That's a great idea!

But instead it would be one of the songs off the OTBCOTS?

• hensocks said:

That's a great idea!

But instead it would be one of the songs off the OTBCOTS?

I vote White Knuckles!!! So we can break out into 80s funkiness... and maybe add a little disco skating?! Huh, huh, huh??? *getting excited*

• Good Call!  White Knuckles is definitely what I would pick.  (Hannah, Thanks for posting OUR idea)

I love the dance booth video idea.  What's best about it is that we don't even HAVE to be together to do it. 

OOOH IDEA.  Why not use a BLUE sheet?  Since this is Of the BLUE Colour Of the Sky?

• DJRose said:

OOOH IDEA.  Why not use a BLUE sheet?  Since this is Of the BLUE Colour Of the Sky?

WHITE KNUCKLES IS MY FAVOURITE SONG!!! *just had to vent that out haha*

oh yes, that is a very good idea...and people who are taking part should like having different shades of blue  and make the paper fill the screen but so you can see it and flip it then it'd go onto a different person!!

• I AM LOVING THIS!!! White Knuckles is my favorite right now too. I have a blue sheet but It's not really a shade I like. I'm going shopping.
  • I was just thinking, to make our video resemble the dance booth we might have to think about such things as distance between camera and dancer.
  • I agree with BLUE! I need a new sheet set anyway!
  • I agree with BLUE! I need a new sheet set anyway!
  • Has anybody started recording yet? I get off work early tomorrow so I think I'm going to set up my blue sheet and DANCE!

Hey that's an amazing idea, because all boardies from different countries could take part in that video!!

I'd have really like to meet you all in Chicago but it's hard to plan a spontaneous trip to another counrty that easily especially if you live in Europe,Asia,Australia and so on. So I really really like to join this project and help you as far as I could! Smile

Concerning the colour of the sheet, maybe the simplest way would be if we all use different colours, so that the video is colorful and multifarious.That's just another suggestion to make the organisation of the video a bit easier. I like the other suggestions of a red or blue sheet as well ^^

I think White Knuckles fits perfect to our "DANCE PROJECT",because it's so dancy and funky!

• oooh yeah i so wanna do this now ;) (not that i didn't in the first place)

you could also draw a little flag of your country and if you're in the USA you could put your state on the top corner of the piece of paper too :D

whos gunna be the editor of this video?

…or have we not thought that far ahead yet?

• I think it will look great with either all blue or multicolored backgrounds. Should we vote on these things, have a poll? I mainly say that because I think voting for stuff is super-fun.Laugh We don't have an editor yet. There seem to be ten of us so far. Who among us has the capability? I do not.
  • mmmm i totally agree on the voting

i have a bit of experience with editing…but i only have windows movie maker to mess around with

surely theres someone with the skills on the boards…