In this Discussion

The Next Boardie Meet-Up?

Comments

• Yes, I agree too with the voting thing! Voting is really a lot of fun !

I'm always looking for some polls, I didn't cast my vote yet Laugh

Well, I'm working on videos for the songs "Before The Earth Was Round" and "Last Leaf",so when I finished them you can see what they look like and if you think it looks good and I shall edit the our videos, I could try that Smile...I don't have any real skills in video editing but I do have a bit experience in doing that,so if we don't find someone who really master this video editing stuff, I can try to edit them.But I'm not that good!! Wink

• eureka!

I have a good idea on how to start the video:

theres 4 sets of 4 drum beats as the introduction so everyone can start off with them holding their piece of coloured zing - one beat goes with one person so it'll be a quick - duh (person change) duh (person change) etcetera...

is that ok?

(easy peasy - math - 1+1=2)

• oh my god.  guys.

this HAS to happen.  Your ideas are fantastic

• Great ideas, guys! I'm not crazy about the idea of being on camera but I would love to be part of this!
  • Snack_cakes, you are too pretty to not be on camera!
  • Again, that was me. Dang it!
  • Facebook User said:Snack_cakes, you are too pretty to not be on camera!

Awww thanks Sunny!Embarassed

You're too sweet.Smile

Unrelated: It's so sad that I have to use my fingers to do the math.

• squashedbanana said:

eureka!

I have a good idea on how to start the video:

theres 4 sets of 4 drum beats as the introduction so everyone can start off with them holding their piece of coloured zing - one beat goes with one person so it'll be a quick - duh (person change) duh (person change) etcetera...

is that ok?

Would coloured zing be a random object of one colour or the sheet?

I'm loving this whole thing guys! Exciting!!  Laugh

• Hi, all. I've been a fan of the band for a few years now, but became a lurker on the boards. Anyway, I just wanted to offer to help with the editing and putting the video together, as I like to play with that kind of thing.
  • hensocks said:Would coloured zing be a random object of one colour or the sheet?

I'm loving this whole thing guys! Exciting!!  Laugh

could be both…could be OK Go memorabilia or coloured sheets :D

Welcome Grapies...good to have you on the boards :)

What editing software do you use? video editing is fun >.<

• Hi, Grapies. Welcome!

• Thanks, guys.

squashedbanana said:

What editing software do you use? video editing is fun >.<

I use Premier and After Effects, but I also often have to use Camtasia Editor, QT Pro and Video ReDo too. I've also heard a lot about Sony Vegas, but I find it confusing. Another great editor I heard about but haven't gotten to try yet is Apple Final Cut.
  • Alright gov' you've got my vote as chief editor grapies! (got that ring to it too :D)

i know a lot of popular youtubers like jpizzle1122 or mysteryguitarman use programs such as Final Cut and Premier

• Hey, is this still in people's minds, or perhaps I'm missing some major emailing?

I'll vote for blue backgrounds, but not a specific blue so it's way easier to coordinate and would still get a colorful effect.

"White Knuckles" is fine with me.

I'm not understanding the "zing" thing. (Am I being dense?)

So, 80s retro apparel/theme  or whatever passes for normal? I'm good either way.

Is there a specific video format that is needed? I know nothing of this stuff - I have to see who of my friends has access to a video camera! Or would someones iPhone work? (I'm a geek, but not a tech geek.)

• violetchaos364 said:

Is there a specific video format that is needed? I know nothing of this stuff - I have to see who of my friends has access to a video camera! Or would someones iPhone work? (I'm a geek, but not a tech geek.)

If I get the honor of putting the lovely clips together, I'd suggest any format is fine, because most cameras will give mpg or avi anyhow, and whatever's different I can convert, so I'd say not to worry about it.

• violetchaos364 said:

I'm not understanding the "zing" thing. (Am I being dense?)

'zing' is just my weird way of saying paper :) that's all

•   It's still on my mind. I love to vote but I hate making decisions. I know that doesn't make sense.  I vote for: different BLUE backgrounds, White Knuckles (no cowbell but there's clapping, YAY), zing of different colored paper telling where we are, and Grapies for editor! I would suggest that we only display the zing briefly so as to not distract from our FaBuLoUs dancing.

I just watched the dance booth video again. It had been quite a while. My favorite parts are every Dan bit, the slow dancers toward the end (the look on the guys face is so cheesy), and BLP!

• Uhhh, yes?!??? I am so up for this, whatever is decided.

I don't find these boards to be as user friendly as the other, so my apologies if I am a late-comer. Feel free to let me know what is going on in Facebook or the like. : )

• Hi, toiletdog!!
  • Sunnyside said:Hi, toiletdog!!

Hi hi! Nice to see you!