In this Discussion

Please report new message board bugs and annoyances here

Comments

• Heeeeeeeey I logged in, and it didn't make me go all the way back through the Wordpress site and okgo.net. Laugh kthnx aross.
  • jedi_grrlie said:Heeeeeeeey I logged in, and it didn't make me go all the way back through the Wordpress site and okgo.net. Laugh kthnx aross.

I still have to go through the WP site. usually I workaround by going to a thread and it brings me straight to the thread w/o going through WP, but it sure is irritating.

• Alright, I got my Extra Nice Edition (which rocks in every way, thank you so much).  Now I'm trying to register with the database.  Of course, I'm already registered on the message board (and the newsletter, and connected thru FaceBook).  So, I try to register for the database but every time it says that I have to give an email address, and that my email address is "already registered", but it won't let me log in as me on the database!  I am confused and frustrated and not sure where to take my confused frustration.  Believe it or not, I don't HAVE another email address to use.  If I'm already registered, how to I get logged in to the database?  If I'm NOT already registered, why can't I enter my email address and get on with it?

• autumnraina said:

... Of course, I'm already registered on the message board (and the newsletter, and connected thru FaceBook).  So, I try to register for the database but every time it says that I have to give an email address, and that my email address is "already registered", but it won't let me log in as me on the database!  ...

I was already registered when I got the database code, too.  1) I logged in as I usually do.  2)  Go to your profile page.  I always end up on the profile page and have to then go to the site.  However, if you are already logged in, just go to your profile page.  3)  At the very bottom is a field for your Extra Nice Edition database code.  Just type it in there and save/update/whatever.  4)  Then go to the site, click on the link for the database in the ribbon, and voila!  4)  Start downloading!!

I hope this works and I'm not misunderstanding some other problem you are having.

• Thanks for the info, but no.  It looks like there are two accounts, both with my email address, and both with "autumnraina" as the user ID.  And when I'm logged in via FB, it won't allow me to access the database.  And it keeps automatically logging me in via Facebook.  Stupid Facebook. :(
  • autumnraina said:Thanks for the info, but no.  It looks like there are two accounts, both with my email address, and both with "autumnraina" as the user ID.  And when I'm logged in via FB, it won't allow me to access the database.  And it keeps automatically logging me in via Facebook.  Stupid Facebook. :(

Have you tried to log completely out of FB and then log in with your email to add in the Database code? I think that would work.

If not, I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully one of the masters behind the Boards is reading this and figuring it out for you.

• Thanks, Becky.  Yeah, I tried.  I was able to log in as the "new" account and download stuff off the database, but then the board automatically logs me in as my original account when I come here to read the board.  So, going back and forth between the board and the database is tricky, but doable.  I guess I can't complain - it could be worse - I had thought I couldn't get into the database at all.  I just hate to have two accounts.  Maybe the powers that be can collapse them for me.
  • So... Still wondering if this board will be made mobile ready.
  • Not a complaint, bug or annoyance, but is the favicon new?

I just noticed it tonight. So either it's new or my browser has been hiding it. It's nice. Hmmm... if it IS new, does it mean the site it mobile-friendly now?? Surprised

• Please excuse my stupidity, but what's a favicon?

Nevermind.  Google is my friend.  It's new to me too.  It doesn't show up on my browser at work, but does at home.  Hmmm.  Fascinating.

• I was wondering what a favicon was also. Now I know. And, like Rachel, it shows up on my browser at home, but not here at work. Odd. Especially since I use Firefox in both places. Meh.

And, as I just logged in from this thread to make a post, I was redirected back to this same thread. Usually I'm redirected to WordPress and have to go through the rigmarole to get back. Any idea why this happens? Or should we just count ourselves lucky when we don't have to go through a few websites to get back to the thread?

• beckysioux said:

I was wondering what a favicon was also. Now I know. And, like Rachel, it shows up on my browser at home, but not here at work. Odd. Especially since I use Firefox in both places. Meh.

And, as I just logged in from this thread to make a post, I was redirected back to this same thread. Usually I'm redirected to WordPress and have to go through the rigmarole to get back. Any idea why this happens? Or should we just count ourselves lucky when we don't have to go through a few websites to get back to the thread?

I discovered that a while ago, and now I use the "go to thread, login there" to avoid multiple new pages and several mouse-clicks. I really wish they wouldn't make us go through the whole thing just to get back to our original window.

• Ooh, I just saved the boards as a favorite site on my phone, and the favicon looks pretty cool on my My Media page. Unfortunately I'm sad to report that the site isn't acting very mobile friendly.

• Oh, my posts aren't being posted and I'm being re-directed to the main page!

bummer.

:(

• For some reason I can't view old pictures and links from past topics, like really really old ones from 2006. They either aren't there on the persons post anymore or it doesn't work. Confused 
  • Many of the links are dead, sadly. But that's a more a dead link problem than a board one, I think. But, I wasn't here then so I can't really say!

• I just wanted to add that I would really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like it if we were able to edit old posts. I keep finding really bad grammatical errors along with horrible misspellings on my part. And it's stuck there, laughing at me behind cold, cruel, unchanging code. It makes me sad. See, sad smiley: Cry

I implore you to add the edit function. It will not only make me quite happy, but many others on the boards as well.

Please? With cherries on top? Cherries that were marinated in whiskey, rum and/or vodka?

PS I actually typed out all of the "really"'s above, no copy and pasting here. That's just how much I would really, really like an edit function.

PPS Think you can add "Paracadute" to the spell check dictionary?

• beckysioux said:

I just wanted to add that I would really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like it if we were able to edit old posts. I keep finding really bad grammatical errors along with horrible misspellings on my part. And it's stuck there, laughing at me behind cold, cruel, unchanging code. It makes me sad. See, sad smiley: Cry

I implore you to add the edit function. It will not only make me quite happy, but many others on the boards as well.

Please? With cherries on top? Cherries that were marinated in whiskey, rum and/or vodka?

PS I actually typed out all of the "really"'s above, no copy and pasting here. That's just how much I would really, really like an edit function.

PPS Think you can add "Paracadute" to the spell check dictionary?

I really, really, really, really, really would like this too!

• Two more things to add to the long list of bugs and annoyances:

Thing 1: Are we able to have a moderator that can change things/threads? I think we need someone who's on here on a regular basis to cut/kill stupid threads where people are trying to sell shit and to combine threads when the need arises. I think there are currently 3 Fan Art threads floating around, there might be more, and it seems silly to have three when we certainly only need one.

Thing 2: It seems there might be a timing/posting issue. Since it's hard to explain, I took some screen grabs of what I'm talking about.

Last night Rachel posted something on the YKYOW thread at 8:58 pm board time. But looking at the main message board page, it shows that Amber was the last one who posted. 

Bigger pic here. Actual screen grab here.

When you go to the OK Go page, it still shows that Amber was the last person to post.

But when you actually go to the YKYOW thread, it shows that Rachel was the last person to post.

Any idea why this is happening?

I noticed this last week, too. Tempe had posted something in the General Discussion forum, or at least it showed on the main message board page, but when I went to the General Discussion page, her post wasn't there.

Also, apologies for the small pics in this post, but if I make them any bigger, the board squishes it and makes it look worse. I did link the original size pics underneath if you have a hard time viewing.

• And I nominate Becky for moderator.