In this Discussion

Migrating the Message Boards

124»

Comments

• "usic.com: 

OK GO FENDER GUITARS TO BE SOLD FOR CHARITY

(anyone have $11,000 to spare?)"

Anyone else seeing that to the bottom left of the page in the TV movies commercials thread? It's not within the post about the guitars (presumably that's what it's related to), but orphaned and floating over the whole thread.

In other news, on my second try signing in this evening, I only had to do so once AND it didn't kick me back to the WP dash or the new page! Thanks Josh! Smile

Edit: now it's everywhere. Not just that thread. What happened?
  • ChristelAdina said:

"usic.com: 

OK GO FENDER GUITARS TO BE SOLD FOR CHARITY

(anyone have $11,000 to spare?)"

Anyone else seeing that to the bottom left of the page in the TV movies commercials thread? It's not within the post about the guitars (presumably that's what it's related to), but orphaned and floating over the whole thread.

In other news, on my second try signing in this evening, I only had to do so once AND it didn't kick me back to the WP dash or the new page! Thanks Josh!
    Smile

Edit: now it's everywhere. Not just that thread. What happened?

And it's bigger! D:
  • Sorz that would be my post, i initially copied and pasted this whole article re the Fender guitar charity auction thingie into the msg box, so that showed up as a ginormous header.  Then I deleted it fm the box, and then retyped everything in the normal font we use for our posts, but the header is still there o.O so sorry guys! x
  • now it's bigger and it's double!

I saw it yesterday, but it was little and not annoying and only on that thread. now it's just annoying. 

I'm sure it's okay laydeejol, I hope there's someway to fix this?
  • It's on the clipboard, but I can't figure out how it's on the whole page/thread and not just jolene's clipboard...
  • @becky -- figured you'd like that, after reading about twenty comments on the post-migration-whats-broken thread Smile. very happy to hear it works! just for the record what kinda phone was that?

@ChristelAdina -- well, I just logged in and got bumped to wp admin (I could swear that sometimes it doesn't bump me, but I can't predict it), so sorry but this isn't fixed yet. But it's def on the list. It drives me crazy! But I can't move it until I add a database code feild to the board profile page. Coming soon....

Now, about this crazy Fender guitar charity text.... Um. Er. How the heck did you manage to do *that*, ladydeejol?? Like specifically. Also, I'm not finding the post in question. (I can has link?) Or seeing any other posts besides this one that have that text (I can has more link?).

Thanks for your help & feedback guys!

jo5h

Never a dull moment in the fight against entropy
  • I posted from my most wonderfully awesome HTC Droid Incredible.

And the post you're looking for is in this thread: http://www.okgo.net/community/message-board/ok-go/ok-go-on-tv-shows-movies-commercials-etc/page-40/ It's post #797 That thread also has the hovering text, but not so bold.
  • Thanks for posting the link Becky...

Josh, now the fender text just seems to be in that thread and this one... though when I originally posted about it, I saw it on every page/thread until I left the site. I wondered if it was following me! Wink I thought perhaps it was on my clipboard, because when I read ladydeejol's post, I was trying to quote it in a reply. Then I decided not to. However, I use Firefox, so there's no way I'm aware of that it could be on MY clipboard...and it's visible to others, so it must be something on this site.

I suspect a java issues started it, but I don't know how to find the specific problem.
  • Not relevant – I like your avatar, Jo5h, and you have gained about 1000 style points for use of the word "entropy".

Somewhat relevant - I see the Fender text on this page and on the link that Becky posted. And laydeejol is wicked talented.
  • *sob* im soooo sorry for causing this *cough* glitch in the entropy o.O I honestly did not intend to do this, all i did was copy the entire text fm this page here and then posted. Then I noticed that thingie at the bottom left of the page :[ I tried to edit my post by deleting the heading and replacing it with typed text, but then the heading doubled up at the bottom left instead o.O I went back to my post but somehow I can't edit it again? 

I'm confuzzled as to how this happened, and I feel terrible for causing such a hullabaloo! :'[ 

And Amber - u really shdn't encourage my acts of stupidity, coz they defo know no bounds :S
  • oh, um, laydeejol -- it's not your fault at all. i'd say it was something more like a bug in the software. all better now, see?

still don't know why post counts went blank, but a small handfull of well-loved boardies have had your old post count manually added to current totals. You might have lost a few in the mix, but it's closer than it was!!

jo5h

who, when looking through database feilds, sometimes feels like he's playing Operation. good thing there's no buzzer!
  • Laydeejol!

No worries, honey! You did NOT float the text on the threads! There was no way you could have done it. Whatever weird glitch there was, you were the lucky (?) person whose text it grabbed.

It's all good now, like Jo5h says. And 1000 style points to you for use of the word 'hullabaloo'!

Now here's a tissue, and here's a hug:((((laydeejol)))

I'm very encouraging. Can't help it, really. Wink

Jo5h: Whoa, I'm in the small handful of well loved boardies? SCHWEEET!

Now, no caffeine for you if you are bringing out the Operation similes AND working on this board!
  • jo5h said:

who, when looking through database feilds, sometimes feels like he's playing Operation. good thing there's no buzzer!

Thx soooo much jo5h! Defo on my list of top surgeons ;) Let's juz hope u dun get sick of playing Operation any time soon...

violetchaos364 said:

Laydeejol!

And 1000 style points to you for use of the word 'hullabaloo'!

Now here's a tissue, and here's a hug:((((laydeejol)))

Aww :) *hugs back* thx, i needed that!

And i KNEW my use of the word hullabaloo wouldn't go unnoticed ;) x
  • Josh/Jo5h,

My post count is back!  Thank you for including me in that small handful of Boardies!Smile 
  • Jo5h, thank you so much for all the effort you put into this, and for restoring our post counts. :-D
  • Wow! Am I having one of those awake dreams where most everything is as it should be but some things are just different enough that I can tell it's not reality? No, I see I've just been away far too long. I like the new look. Kudos, Jo5h! 

I would not say that I have an issue but I am a bit more confused than usual. I am logged in here as Sunnyside but there is a box in the top left that is welcoming me through my FaceBook account which is attached to Sunnyside.too. I created Sunnyside.too because I always have FB open first so I would get automatically logged in here through FaceBook and my FB account was never intigrated to this one so before I realized it I would post something under this Facebook User Blah Blah Blah account and nobody knew it was me and I didn't know how to fix it so I finally jst changed the name on it. I think that was a run-on sentence. I also think the spell-check is not working. I'm sorry if all of that was jibberish. I guess what I'm saying is: are my two accounts now combined AND intigrated with my FaceBook account? It would be shiny if they were.

ThanxLaugh
  • Wow! Am I having one of those awake dreams where most everything is as it should be but some things are just different enough that I can tell it's not reality? No, I see I've just been away far too long. I like the new look. Kudos, Jo5h! 

I would not say that I have an issue but I am a bit more confused than usual. I am logged in here as Sunnyside but there is a box in the top left that is welcoming me through my FaceBook account which is attached to Sunnyside.too. I created Sunnyside.too because I always have FB open first so I would get automatically logged in here through FaceBook and my FB account was never intigrated to this one so before I realized it I would post something under this Facebook User Blah Blah Blah account and nobody knew it was me and I didn't know how to fix it so I finally jst changed the name on it. I think that was a run-on sentence. I also think the spell-check is not working. I'm sorry if all of that was jibberish. I guess what I'm saying is: are my two accounts now combined AND intigrated with my FaceBook account? It would be shiny if they were.

ThanxLaugh
  • WTH? How did it post that twice?

Anyway, it does seem that both accounts (Sunnyside & Sunnyside.too) are now linked to my FaceBook page. 

Weird.