In this Discussion

Boston EarthFest 5/21/11

2»

Comments

• Yeah, I won't be able to watch the vid until I get home tonight. But it's something to look forward to!

Is it sad that I wasn't at the show, nor saw the live feed, but I'm still utterly happy because of the phone call?
  • ChristelAdina said:

But, um... What do you mean "verify my findings?"

Prove that their glowiness is particularly irresistible to me? How? By becoming inexorably attached in some way? Latching on to Damian's arm grinning and blushing something awful, as he's having to drag me around because I can't let go? I'm mortified, yet firmly locked to him, while apologizing profusely:"Sorry. Really sorry...Can't help it. Irresistible Glowiness, you see. Powerless to resist... It's magnetic."

I just meant, verify that you still find them to be glowy in person. But you're the investigating scientist, you can set the parameters of your experiment in whatever way you choose! ;-)
  • beckysioux said:

Is it sad that I wasn't at the show, nor saw the live feed, but I'm still utterly happy because of the phone call?

That is so not sad, that just made my day!
  • Lmao, okay, so

Christel:  I love you.  Seriously.  that made me laugh.  A lot.  And then realize that that's probably how it'd go down if I ever met him, so...

Becky:  Nope.  That's where I am, too.  No worries.  xD
  • Please thank Matt for taking the video! And especially for the close-ups.

Random awesomeness: I was/am the 23rd viewer.

And thank you Heather for posting the video :o)
  • In other news, I just realized I own the shirt Andy was wearing for the signing...
  • DJRose said:

violetchaos364 said:

Tim - that beard - *guh* *is ded*

Note to self: Don't let Amber anywhere near my husband.... ;-)

LaughHeehee... no worries, I'm not a redhead...!Laugh

(and mah man has a fineeeee beard..) Wink
  • PemiBlue said:

ChristelAdina said:

But, um... What do you mean "verify my findings?"

Prove that their glowiness is particularly irresistible to me? How? By becoming inexorably attached in some way? Latching on to Damian's arm grinning and blushing something awful, as he's having to drag me around because I can't let go? I'm mortified, yet firmly locked to him, while apologizing profusely:"Sorry. Really sorry...Can't help it. Irresistible Glowiness, you see. Powerless to resist... It's magnetic."

I just meant, verify that you still find them to be glowy in person. But you're the investigating scientist, you can set the parameters of your experiment in whatever way you choose! ;-)

LOVE THIS
  • Totalgeek42 said:

Christel:  I love you.  Seriously.  that made me laugh.  A lot.  And then realize that that's probably how it'd go down if I ever met him, so...

TG42 - HEY, he's got two arms - room enough for the two of you!

Pemiblue - YEAH bearded! boyfriend MATT and the new camera!

beckysioux said:

Becky, I still have the silly POST IT note that my buddy Logan wrote me at work saying "DUDE! YOU MET THE BAND" (The poster is safe at home - I have other OK Go ness at work)

DJRose - My reply didn't make sense - I meant, I'm not a redhead, why the heck should Adam even LOOK at me? Still doesn't make sense, but that's what I was going for and can't edit it now! (LOL, btw)

Christel - Nuttin, just saying HI!
  • wick*design said:

Great show! Wish they hadn't been so far away — felt like a teaser; instead of tiding me over till the next show, now I just want MORE OK Go. Also wish I'd been a more avid boardie before today, so I'd know you all would be there! I forgot to bring my CD that Damian signed after 8in8 Yell So I stupidly decided not to get in the signing line because I had nothing for them to sign. I had friends in line though; I should have just hung out there with them!

Here are my photos:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com.....67ec_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com.....807c_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com.....8dee_z.jpg

HI WICK*DESIGN!

I almost blocked you on Twitter because I didn't know your name, but I looked at your timeline first and thought.. OH! Fellow fan! SO glad I didn't because I see your name here.

BTW THANKS FOR POSTING OK GO NESS!
  • violetchaos364 said:

DJRose – My reply didn't make sense – I meant, I'm not a redhead, why the heck should Adam even LOOK at me? Still doesn't make sense, but that's what I was going for and can't edit it now! (LOL, btw)

Well yes, but if you see his beard and compliment it, he'll still have ammunition.  "AMBER liked my beard.  You're the crazy one!"  ;-)

Also, Pemi, that video of Return was gorgeous.  I miss those boys.  Thanks for posting it.
  • Yay!!! I'm glad people enjoyed the video. Thanks, Becky, for telling me how to post it properly & documenting the awesome 23ness, which made me smile.

I passed along thank-you's to Matt, and he says "you're welcome!" He also points out (to me, but I will share this with you) that the footage would have been less shaky in the beginning if I hadn't been "helping." Yeah. He's right, too.

He was taping at other points as well, but both of us are swamped and can't review/fight with imovie/post right away. Well, perhaps something to look forward to?

Also, thanks to Christel, Rachel, and Amber for kind words on the photos!

Christel: I really think that "irresistable glowiness" is my new favorite phrase and/or alibi. Super useful, and way fun to say out loud.

Math: 1 + 2 (the site kindly senses that I am braindead I am today)
  • Sorry Amber, I should have let you know I was a fellow fan! It's always weird to get random people following you. My Twitter username used to be "erasure," but I was getting so many weird people following me because they thought I was the band "erasure" that I had to change it.

I couldn't figure out how to post those little clicky thumbnails you all posted... How'd you do that?
  • wick*design said:

Sorry Amber, I should have let you know I was a fellow fan! It's always weird to get random people following you. My Twitter username used to be "erasure," but I was getting so many weird people following me because they thought I was the band "erasure" that I had to change it.

I couldn't figure out how to post those little clicky thumbnails you all posted... How'd you do that?

I wrote up a photo posting tutorial awhile back, and PemiBlue sent me the link to send you.  So.  http://bit.ly/kRAAnn

Enjoy!
  • Thanks, Rachel! I did actually try that little tree icon, and even tried setting smaller dimensions in there, but it didn't look like it was going to come out linked with the little mouse icon. Maybe I should have just had faith and gone ahead with it anyway!
  • DJRose said:

violetchaos364 said:

DJRose – My reply didn't make sense – I meant, I'm not a redhead, why the heck should Adam even LOOK at me? Still doesn't make sense, but that's what I was going for and can't edit it now! (LOL, btw)

Well yes, but if you see his beard and compliment it, he'll still have ammunition.  "AMBER liked my beard.  You're the crazy one!"  ;-)

OH I SEE now! Laugh Yup, probably would. I do that with a couple of my girlfriends, too.

Kristin  "Amber, DON'T ENCOURAGE MICHAEL!"

Me "But he DOES look hot with a goatee!"

Michael "Thanks, Amber!"

Kristin "Shut up, Amber!'