In this Discussion

Pilobolus Collaboration Speculation here!

Comments

• Those aren't leotards. They're unitards. I don't think you want to see them in LEOTARDS. That's asking too much!
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

Those aren't leotards. They're unitards. I don't think you want to see them in LEOTARDS. That's asking too much!

Hahahahaha... I just got a mental image of them in leotards!
  • I didn't think leotard was the right word, but. Oh my. Just... I can't even...
  • I love the way the person wrote this article. Good writing and sounds like a person who is a fan and enjoy's the band's work. Lol, Damian sounded oh so Dinky Damian during the shoot with his micro-managing and constant cleaning of the plexiglass.
  • OOPS. sorz my stupid mistake lol too excited at the sight of their *cough* unitards there, totally imagined them as leotards instead ;] 

BTW ure welcome very much, Amber and magnoliamaggiemag :] who better to share the news with than yallz fellow crazy boardies?

Am now thinking their vid is gonna be like synchronised swimming. In air. can u imagine the possibilities?!?!? x
  • UPDATE!

The article was taken off the site?!?!?!

"An interview with the band OK Go was temporarily taken down pending resolution of a dispute. It is expected to be reinstated shortly."

In laymans terms: "The interview with OK Go has been temporarily taken down waiting for an consensus in an argument. It will be back online shortly."

Uh oh... Were we supposed to see that article, or did it get leaked/put up by accident? Maybe it was just my computer... If it's not just me, please let me know. Now I feel kinda bad for reading the article, but I'll feel worse if it was all just a false alarm... Respond ASAP!

• It was taken down because the Guardian posted it a tad too early. It'll probably be put up again after the video has been released.
  • I feel a little byit like a spy having seen it early.  (evil laugh)
  • Hmm i still see those pics on Tumblr. Du think we shd b the Tumblr police n tell ppl to remove them or juz leave them be? x
  • If you know the tumblr owner, ask if they wouldn't mind taking it down as the video hasn't been released yet. Once the video has been released, they can repost it to their heart's content. 

Otherwise, just leave them be.
  • I think we should tell them that the pictures were accidentally released too early, and it would be nice if they could take it down temporarily. By telling them at least they're aware, and it's their desicion from there on.
  • sherib said:

I don't know, but I like that picture at the top of the Pilobolus page.  Are they going to do that?

Taciturn said:

Anyone else notice the boys have slimmed down or toned recently?  Maybe it's all the acrobatic dancing they're doing.

Well done, both of you! ;-)
  • LOL, Rachel.

Never in my wildest dreams did I really think that was going to happen.

Head caving in from the ... intimacy.
  • The article (possibly modified, I don't know as I didn't see it before) is back up: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/26/ok-go-music-videos-band-interview
  • DrZoops said:

The article (possibly modified, I don't know as I didn't see it before) is back up: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/26/ok-go-music-videos-band-interview

Hi DrZoops! Welcome!

I didn't bother reading the article again (I'm lazy) but I'll tell you the main difference.

No sneak preview pictures this time.

Wink
  • But if you post a link to the article on facebook, one tiny little thumbnail preview of the guys in their *unitards* shows up!
  • *giggle*

OH I'm still a little scared.

HEY HI wick*design, long time no post!
  • Here's another article on the show/video.

Tech tricks add dimension to ADF's Pilobolus

New technologies are adding dimension to the company's gymnastics-based
    works. For "All Is Not Lost," the first of three premieres,
    collaborators OK Go and Trish Sie (creator of the band's popular YouTube
    videos) project live video images onto a screen. A camera underneath a
    huge glasslike table allows kaleidoscopic views as the dancers slide and
    roll across it. Actions shift from swimming to space walking, creating
    caterpillarlike creatures as they go. At just six minutes, the piece
    evokes more wonder and delight than many companies' full evenings.

However, when I read "caterpillarlike creature", all I can visualize is The Human Centipede. *shivers*
  • violetchaos364 said:

DrZoops said:

The article (possibly modified, I don't know as I didn't see it before) is back up: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/26/ok-go-music-videos-band-interview

Hi DrZoops! Welcome!

I didn't bother reading the article again (I'm lazy) but I'll tell you the main difference.

No sneak preview pictures this time.

Wink

Yep, that's all there is of difference right? They just didn't want the pictures up. Figured. Because there are other websites writing articles about that, why would they JUST take the Guardian's down? Pictures. 

Oh wellz.

At least we've seen them already TEEHEE

I'M SORRY I WAS VERY ANXIOUS 

STILL AM

ABOUT THIS VIDEO OKAY

lol