In this Discussion

Pilobolus Collaboration Speculation here!

12346»

Comments

• Finally saw it in Chrome. It's oh so amazing that way. Though I do agree with TipoDeemin about the message at the end of the YouTube version.

Still completely in love with the rain part.

For those of you who have seen the Chrome version, what messages have you made?

I made this one:

Though I'm sure only a few people will get the reference.
  • I didn't think to take a screenshot of mine, but I sent it to the global gallery, so maybe it'll show up somewhere eventually...

It was a quote from an e.e. cummings poem:  "may my mind stroll about hungry and fearless" .  Seemed fitting on an OK Go project.
  • Did you all see the Trailer/Behind-the-Scenes video?

And most moving of all (this made me cry), a message to Japan in the wake of their multiple disasters:

• It is just beautiful. It was just what I needed to cheer me on this horrible day. The first message I made was "smile" because sometimes I have to remind myself to do that and I wanted to keep it short because I didn't know what to expect. But then I did "feet are fun"! Laugh And I did "Lilly and Gwen: my amazing girls" then let the girls watch it for the first time. They were delighted by that.
  • My mind is blown. I don't even know what to write. All the adjectives in the world couldn't describe the beauty of this video. And the love just comes right through to the very end! I think "Thank You" just isn't enough. 
  • I'm gonna have my fancard revoked, because I have not yet been able to see the Chrome version.  I tried to watch it at lunch yesterday but it just kept freezing.  Then after work I had a hair appointment and rehearsal with my guitarist.  We finished up fairly late, and then I went to Dobbs to show off how great my hair looks (because, let me tell you, my hair looks amazing).  By the time I got home, it was 2 am and I just didn't have it in me to stay up any later. 

But I did stop my rehearsal for a few minutes to make guitarist watch the YouTube version.  He was blown away.  That made me proud.
  • So I've now seen the chrome video, and it's beautiful.  I really love it.  But I loved it in plain YouTube format too and while I like the ability to create my own message, I thought that "Spread Love" with all its translations was beautiful and profound.  This did not, however, prevent me from making a ridiculous message: http://goo.gl/SnTdm
  • Just read the new newsletter full of All Is Not Lost-ness, saved the pics from the NYTimes Mag piece, came to the board to take a look around, and then on the local news a few seconds ago …

"Coming up–tonight's viral video: the latest from the band that's always coming up with new ways to entertain us."

:)  Made me happy.

*Edit:

Yaay, when the news came back on:

"We *always* look forward to new videos by these guys–they *always* entertain us.  OK Go."

And when the clip started (WQAD always rounds out the 6:30 news with about a full minute of whatever viral video they choose for the day), I was sitting here beaming, completely filled with that oddly proud feeling that I'm sure everyone here has also felt at some point about these guys.

Whee!

And it was really cool seeing it big and clear on my TV screen.

**Edit 2:  Also, interview with Trish on the video: http://creativity-online.com/news/behind-the-work-trish-sie-on-all-is-not-lost/228964