In this Discussion

OK Go + The Muppets = A Muppet Theme Song!

Comments

• Welcome, Helena!
  • Hello, Helena!  *waves*

I like your name (or screenname choice) despite the movie Boxing Helena.

*P.S. TipoDeemin, I almost listed that part (cucumbers on glasses) too!  That part kills me.
  • DJRose said:

"it will be interesting to see how the quartet will keep its fan base stimulated."

Um, that is never a problem, dude. 
  • Since no one has posted this yet, I shall.

The only thing that was creepy about this video was when the boys were Muppets. Seeing them in half with Muppet hands up their asses is just plain... *shivers*. The green screen action on this was awesome, just creepy.
  • Thank you, Becky, my thoughts exactly. I'm a bit creeped out by Muppet OK Go, too. Kennedy even joked that Kermit was molesting Damian.

But creepiness aside, I love it. LOVE IT.
  • beckysioux said:

The only thing that was creepy about this video was when the boys were Muppets. Seeing them in half with Muppet hands up their asses is just plain… *shivers*. The green screen action on this was awesome, just creepy.

Snack_Cakes said:

Thank you, Becky, my thoughts exactly. I'm a bit creeped out by Muppet OK Go, too. Kennedy even joked that Kermit was molesting Damian.

But creepiness aside, I love it. LOVE IT.

Indeed, me too–the half-OK-Go's-on-sticks aspect of it doesn't creep me out, but I can't take Damian's spastic face during that part.  *cringe*

But I absolutely love all of it but that! :)
  • Yeah, Puppet OK Go freaked my friend out too.  Her exact words were "1st half- adorable and refential. second half - effing terrifying"  I thought it was amusing, but then cartoonish stuff violence doesn't bother me.
  • The video was AWESOME.  Also, this was cross-posted to my tumblr, but I'll put it here too since it's sort of relevant...

• Loved this video so much!!! It was just the thing I needed to rejuvenate my OK Go love. I enjoy so much watching them be silly boys.
  • Tempe Arizona said:

Loved this video so much!!! It was just the thing I needed to rejuvenate my OK Go love. I enjoy so much watching them be silly boys.

Best news EVER.

So. Boardies. My Mom just posted that she bought her copy of The Green Album.  1) I did not tell her to buy it. 2) I haven't even bought MY copy yet.  Amazing.
  • Rachel--Ha, I saw that friend bit on FB :D  
    Cartoon violence doesn't bother me either.  Damian freak-face does, apparently. Lol.
    Tooo funny about your mom! 

Jasmine--that's awesome ;D  And it's so cool that you found that same hat.

Tempe--whee!  Rejuvenated OK Go love.
  • sherib said:

DJRose said:

"it will be interesting to see how the quartet will keep its fan base stimulated."

Um, that is never a problem, dude. 

Stimulated?

Nope, better not go there.

I'll just say, "by existing"
  • The guys posted something for us to enjoy.

• violetchaos364 said:

Stimulated?

Nope, better not go there.

Laugh

w00t, that same local news station (WQAD) chose the Muppets theme vid as their viral video to round out the 6:30 news again tonight!  I've lost track of how many times they've chosen OK Go since we moved here ... I remember seeing TTSP (RGM), White Knuckles, All Is Not Lost ... And they show the boys' birthdays on their lists of celebrity birthdays, which blows me away.  I remember this March I happened to look up at the screen one day while they were showing the day's list (it's just a graphic on the way to commercial) and I saw "Andy Ross" (not "Andy Ross of OK Go" or anything), and I was like, "What?!"  I about fell off my chair.  Someone over there seems to be a fan.

It was especially funny because I was completely non-OK-Go-brain at that juncture, so it almost didn't even register.  "Waaait ... a ... minute ..."

Back on topic ... 
  • AAHHH I've missed so much! I will say more later when I have more time, but I've watched the video once and might I say restraining my laughter from wathcing this is public is much easier said than done!
    magnolia (n.) Plant genus, 1748, from Magnolius, Latinized name of Pierre Magnol (1638-1715), French physician and botanist, professor of botany at Montpellier.
  • Behind the scenes of the Muppet Show Theme Song video:

Hmm, I wonder why Damian never said that he liked Janice before. Good thing he got to meet her on the set ;)
  • would love to see him with sam the eagle too, though!

i loved this video with all my heart i screencapped it and put a bunch of frames to slideshow on my desktop it's awesome HAHAHA

i went to class with my computer and people were like staring at me IT'S ALL GOOD
  • sherib said:

Cartoon violence doesn't bother me either.  Damian freak-face does, apparently. Lol.

I think you guys are looking at this the wrong way. You're talking as if Damian freak-face was intentional. I bet the minute he got the memo saying he'd be working with the actual Muppets on and actual video, he lost all natural ability to move his face normally, including the ability to blink and the inability to remove that giant happiness Joker grin off his face. Wink
  • Tempe Arizona said:

sherib said:

I think you guys are looking at this the wrong way. You're talking as if Damian freak-face was intentional. I bet the minute he got the memo saying he'd be working with the actual Muppets on and actual video, he lost all natural ability to move his face normally, including the ability to blink and the inability to remove that giant happiness Joker grin off his face. Wink

I agree. Damian's freaky face freaks me out and I wouldn't expect anything other than sheer happy radiating from him - even when that means facial control is lost. I wonder if every once in a while, he suddenly giggles out of nowhere and then says, "MUPPETS!!!" Cuz, you know, fanboy. Laugh
  • Hahaha Issat what happens to u when, u know, OK Go is mentioned, amber? ;)x