In this Discussion

Please report new message board bugs and annoyances here

Comments

• Becky is awesome and would make a great moderator, there's no denying that.  I do think we'd be remiss to not discuss Darbie Starpower as a mod though for the following reasons:

1) She's been on the boards longer than any of us.

2) She may not post as often, but she's always on.  I see her all the time. :-)

3) She was the Mod of the last board and did a truly fantastic job.

Of course, this is a moot point right now because no one is granting any of us Mod powers right now.  (O hai aross, I know you're very busy and all, we don't want to take over your website, we just want to make things easier for everyone)

• You're quite right, Rach. Darbs rocks!

Plus, I don't believe I'm quite tech savvy enough to know the ins and outs and what not. Unless of course this board is very user friendly when maintenance needs be done.

So, aross, what say you? If you're reading this that is. Can we have a moderator? Please?

Also, wouldn't it be awesome if the math for 2 + 2 had to equal 5 to post?

• I'm just going to bump this, because WOW it would be great to be able to edit old posts! I ran into something yesterday where a deadline I'd posted--now incorrect--made someone think she could no longer contribute to the GPS project. Here's a place where a correction could really make a difference. To have a moderator, someone who could rename or combine threads, would also be wonderful. Becky's "Please? With cherries on top? Cherries that were marinated in whiskey, rum and/or vodka?" seems strong inducement indeed, but maybe if that "please?" also had some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on the side?
  • Please, PLEASE! Grand us the ability to delete our own posts. I can't tell you how much I'd like to delete my multi-posts because my dial up fails.

Or atleast have some who could take care of it like a mod or a captain. That'd be nice. XD

• #1 Yay! New/Upgraded Boards!

#2 The little green arrow at the bottom of the thread now takes you to the Message Board main page instead of back to the top of the thread. Ditto for the little green arrow at the top.

Thanks for upgrading the Boards!
  • What about Becky for President of all thinnggs, we really do need a moderator ASAP

no one better than Becky!

don't you think it kinda sucks that we can't delete posts we sometimes make but oops there was already another one, then we have to wait until it fades away... 

I'm not complaining or anything... but it would be great to have a moderatorr!
  • Hi Team OK Go Internet!

I've had some hiccups with the upgrades, which I can deal with (ha, I'm a "newbie" again! And my avator is gone, but I just uploaded a new one) – but for one:

I can't get to my message INBOX. I can see the list, but I can't click on anything. The text of the last message I could read is displaying over the message list.

I'd really like to read my messages! THX for any help!
  • I think the PM's are a universal problem as I have the overlay also.

ETA:

And this isn't a bug or annoyance, but thanks for the new feature that shows how many "Topics with unread posts". I think we had it on the old boards, but it wasn't available on this "new" one until now.

All the improvements are wonderful. AND I saw that we can now go back and edit posts that someone has already responded to! Well, the posts after this update from Thursday. You've no idea how happy you've made some of us. I'm sure there's squee-ing going on in a few homes.
  • Hey, anyone getting PM notification emails - then when you go to the board, there is no PM present?

I've got about seven the other day. I'm going to email Jo5h in case there is a real problem instead of just on my account.
  • It is apparently impossible to unsubscribe from a thread once you've subscribed.  I unsubscribe, the thread disappears from my Subscribed list as though it has happened, and then the next time someone posts in said thread I get an email alert.  I log in, unsubscribe again, and it happens again.  Blah.

**EDIT** Whoops, I had my settings on "Automatically subscribe to threads I post in."  Sorry!

Also, I see Becky was thanky a few months ago for the development of being able to edit one's own posts once someone has replied to them.  I don't seem to have that ability–did it disappear?

Thanks ahead for any assistance.
  • I think that option has disappeared.

Sorry.
  • BUMP

One of the Boardies is having a problem posting to the boards. She can sign in, write a post, do the math to have it post, it says that it has posted, but then the post never actually shows up.

Her username is rockchick and she's been a member since 9/30/10. Can one of the board maintainers look into this?

Thanks!
  • Bump again.

The site has started kicking me back to the WP dash repeatedly again when I try to log in, or when I succeed in logging in. There was a time a couple weeks back when I, like Christine above, couldn't log in at all, so I stopped trying. When the confetti photos and Corvallis video were on the splash page, I was able to log in normally sometimes, but it was hit and miss. Now that the splash has gone back to advertising 180/365, the site has been trapping me in the Sign In/WPDash/Sign in Again loop.

I don't know how these things might be related. I know it's not me, cookies or caching issues, and it's so random (sometimes it's one go-round and I'm able to get on the boards, sometimes the fourth or fourteenth frustrating loop causes me to curse the computer and vow to stop participating in this community entirely). It occurs when  I attempt to sign in from the main page, as well as when I go straight to the URL of a previously visited thread from my browser history.

Overall, this is not a huge problem with the board, but it's very annoying and, because it's happened before when the site made changes, I thought I'd best report it again.
  • After I log in it always takes me to the WP dashboard then back to the OK Go main page. But only once.
  • beckysioux said:

BUMP

One of the Boardies is having a problem posting to the boards. She can sign in, write a post, do the math to have it post, it says that it has posted, but then the post never actually shows up.

Her username is rockchick and she's been a member since 9/30/10. Can one of the board maintainers look into this?

Thanks!

hi all, so first off i would like to introduce myself.  i'm the new web guy -- replaced my good friend jo5h.  so pleased to meet you all.  first big question: is anyone else having a problem posting other than rockchick??   

eThan 
  • ChristelAdina said:

Bump again.

The site has started kicking me back to the WP dash repeatedly again when I try to log in, or when I succeed in logging in. There was a time a couple weeks back when I, like Christine above, couldn't log in at all, so I stopped trying. When the confetti photos and Corvallis video were on the splash page, I was able to log in normally sometimes, but it was hit and miss. Now that the splash has gone back to advertising 180/365, the site has been trapping me in the Sign In/WPDash/Sign in Again loop.

I don't know how these things might be related. I know it's not me, cookies or caching issues, and it's so random (sometimes it's one go-round and I'm able to get on the boards, sometimes the fourth or fourteenth frustrating loop causes me to curse the computer and vow to stop participating in this community entirely). It occurs when  I attempt to sign in from the main page, as well as when I go straight to the URL of a previously visited thread from my browser history.

Overall, this is not a huge problem with the board, but it's very annoying and, because it's happened before when the site made changes, I thought I'd best report it again.

yes this is annoying!  i agree.  i'm aware of the problem and will get to it asap.  too many balls in the air at the moment, but i promise to get to it.

eThan
  • eThan said:

beckysioux said:

BUMP

Thanks!

hi all, so first off i would like to introduce myself.  i'm the new web guy -- replaced my good friend jo5h.  so pleased to meet you all.  first big question: is anyone else having a problem posting other than rockchick??   

eThan 

Hi eThan! And thanks for working on this issue.

I'm not currently aware of anyone else having this issue, but it's not impossible for there to be more. If someone else is having this problem and they can't post to the boards, how should they contact you to let you know about it?
  • eThan said:

ChristelAdina said:

Bump again.

yes this is annoying!  i agree.  i'm aware of the problem and will get to it asap.  too many balls in the air at the moment, but i promise to get to it.

eThan

ok...i think i have fixed at least part of this problem.  at least, now after login you should be taken back to the forum page.  if this is not happening let me know.  

eThan
  • beckysioux said:

eThan said:

beckysioux said:

BUMP

Thanks!

eThan 

Hi eThan! And thanks for working on this issue.

I'm not currently aware of anyone else having this issue, but it's not impossible for there to be more. If someone else is having this problem and they can't post to the boards, how should they contact you to let you know about it?

hi beckysioux...they can let me know by writing me at ethanzanemiller@okgo.net.  meantime, i'm communicating with rockchick to see if we can figure it out.  you should also feel free to write me if there's stuff going on that you think i should know about.

eThan
  • eThan said:

ok...i think i have fixed at least part of this problem.  at least, now after login you should be taken back to the forum page.  if this is not happening let me know.

eThan

I just logged in from the main message board page and was taken to the Word Press profile page instead of back to the main message board page.