In this Discussion

Beautiful People Thread

Comments

• aww.... stella.... r.i.p. i flipping loved that show. my friends thought it was stupid, and i think they're stupid for thinking it was stupid. haha. yes, in a way it was stupid, but it was a smart stupid, and that's what made it so funny...

and i'm incredibly jealous you saw mib @ borders. did you say anything to him?

i also love hal sparks and the "i love the..." series. hal does an amazing chewbacca... haha
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Feb 9 2006, 10:48 PM)
    and i'm incredibly jealous you saw mib @ borders.  did you say anything to him?

I posted a quick story a while ago. Unfortunately, I was too busy choking on my own lung (which had jumpe dinto my throat due to the sheer shock) to say anything. Instead, a followed him from a distance around Borders (which, I admit in retrospect, was probably far more creepy than if I had actually gone up and talked to him). He was looking in the art section as I was pretending to be very interested in that nifty Border's bookfinder computer (when, in fact, I was fumbling with my camera phone).

It turns out that MIB lives in my general area and he has been to our local restaraunts/movietheatre (if one could even call our "playhouse" that... we have one screen and had to fight for the right to eat popcorn inside).

Still, I can't help hoping to see him again if for nothing else than to simply thank him for making the world a better place.*
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Feb 9 2006, 02:48 PM)
    aww.... stella.... r.i.p.  i flipping loved that show. 

do you know something i dont know? im not sure is Stella is officially cancelled yet... im still expecting (or praying... sad.gif ) for a second season.

and jedi, if you mean the good smakward, then yes, yes they are... tongue.gif

another and... and i hope that i will one day meet any of the stella boys, but i know i would be too freaked to talk to them. thats how cool i am cool.gif huh.gif
  • I am in telly tube-darkness. Stella? What?
  • yesss. STELLA is indeed awesome... smile.gif
    Try this link: http://www.stellacomedy.com/index.php
  • QUOTE (sara with no h @ Feb 9 2006, 06:43 PM)
    and is it too late for my input on project runway?

i do n't like daniel vosovic's work. he's adorable, and a super sweet guy, but i find his outfits so...plain. lol i was an andrae girl even pre-chi-pao/ emotional breakdown

and now that nick is gone...i basically dont want to watch anymore

I actually really really like his work, and that's a separate feeling from my fangirlish obsession with his cuteness. Though I have to admit that last night's dress was not one of my favourites. But I still think he's very very talented and still deserves to be there.

As does Andrae, who I think should have stayed.

I really think Kara needed to go home two episodes ago, and why she's still there and why the judges love her so much boggles my mind.

And I am extremely upset that Nick went home. I'm sorry, but a poorly sewn outfit that stays together to me is far better than an outfit that's falling apart and that is unflattering to the wearer. And how was Kara's outfit a makeover? It looked like the stuff that Santino ALWAYS wears. So, yeah.

I'm done ranting.
  • yeah... kara needed to go home after her "inspiration" one... so, at the beginning of the garden party one, i was like "send kara home!!" but then i saw her dress and i was like "...oh..." haha. and yeah, i think nick definitely needed to stay, because i think santino should have been sent home quite a while ago. my roommate read somewhere that the producers also have a say, along with the judges, on who gets to stay, so i think that's why santino is still there, because he creates a "drama", plus, his tim impressions are pretty hilarious... i, also, think that daniel v. is a talented designer, i really liked the dress he and andrae designed for banana republic, and his garden party dress was really pretty i thought. i wasn't particularly crazy about his dress for chloe, but it wasn't horrible. a lot better than santino's outfit for kara. so i hope either dan v. wins, or chloe. she's really awesome also.

ps. jedi_grrlie. have you watched the extra videos on bravo from ep. 10? daniel has his pants off, wearing a pair of nick's koala underwear... very amusing...

but back to beautiful people!! i can't think of anyone else right now... but i'll get back to it! hahaha
  • I didn't know there were so many Project Runway fans around! It's the only show I watch (well, except for the West Wing when it airs every few weeks), so I feel the need to share my unsolicited opinions.

I'm actually a huge fan of Daniel V. His Garden Party dress blew me away, and the fact that he never really seemed stressed making it was even more impressive. Chloe's work is also outstanding, but I think that Daniel's able to pull off a lot more, the Garden Party dress being a great example- Chloe's was beautiful, but her main accomplishment was making a patterned fabric out of fabric and leaves. Daniel V. was able to pull off crazy shapes and textures relying much more on the plants themselves, and he even made them fit.

Does everyone think that if Daniel didn't have immunity, the judges wouldn't have been quite so harsh in their judgement of his dress for Chloe? I don't believe for a second that he would've been eliminated. His dress for Chloe was nothing special, but it was nothing compared to that god-awful jumpsuit.

Oh, and while I can't believe that jumpsuit didn't get Santino off the show, and it's clear he's just around to be this season's Wendy, I don't know if Andrae or Nick (not that I don't love them both passionately) is more talented. They were all pretty inconsistent, really. It's not like last season, when it was clear that Kara Saun, Jay, & Austin should've been top three- aside from Daniel V. & Chloe, no one has really impressed me as a designer.
  • maybe i just dont like daniel v's model?

santino should have gone home at the one where jay from last season judged. that dress really WAS the austin scarlett grammy dress.

nick was an amazing guy. and also incredibly sweet.

and i like kara, but ugh she is not strong enough!

maybe i'm just a pushover because i want it to be a tie between nick, chloe, and andrae. but chloe is the only one left.

boooooo

ps: heidi klum is incredibly annoying and i LOVE LOVE LOVE tim gunn
  • QUOTE (sara with no h @ Feb 9 2006, 10:42 PM)
    ps: heidi klum is incredibly annoying and i LOVE LOVE LOVE tim gunn

I love Heidi and her obviously edited-in runway comments. I particularly love that they edit the show as if we won't notice.

Tim Gunn's very existence in the universe makes me happy. And my co-worker randomly met him the other day! He was buying furniture. She told him how much she loved the show, and said he was very sweet. He said the Garden Party ep was his favorite.

I work like, a short block from Parsons (I'm at 40th & Broadway). I should really try to stalk him.
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Feb 9 2006, 09:02 PM)
    yeah... kara needed to go home after her "inspiration" one... so, at the beginning of the garden party one, i was like "send kara home!!"  but then i saw her dress and i was like "...oh..."  haha.  and yeah, i think nick definitely needed to stay, because i think santino should have been sent home quite a while ago.  my roommate read somewhere that the producers also have a say, along with the judges, on who gets to stay, so i think that's why santino is still there, because he creates a "drama", plus, his tim impressions are pretty hilarious... i, also, think that daniel v. is a talented designer, i really liked the dress he and andrae designed for banana republic, and his garden party dress was really pretty i thought.  i wasn't particularly crazy about his dress for chloe, but it wasn't horrible.  a lot better than santino's outfit for kara.  so i hope either dan v. wins, or chloe.  she's really awesome also. 

ps. jedi_grrlie.  have you watched the extra videos on bravo from ep. 10?  daniel has his pants off, wearing a pair of nick's koala underwear... very amusing...

YESSSS, I SAW THAT CLIP! biggrin.gif I actually made an icon out of it:

Hee hee hee.

And the producers definitely do have a say in who stays and who goes, and you're right- they're probably the main reason that Santino has stayed on so long. I think he is very talented, but he's faltered so many times now that it's impossible to think of how he's stayed on without the producers' pull.

Does everyone think that if Daniel didn't have immunity, the judges wouldn't have been quite so harsh in their judgement of his dress for Chloe? I don't believe for a second that he would've been eliminated. His dress for Chloe was nothing special, but it was nothing compared to that god-awful jumpsuit.

No, I don't think they would have been so harsh on him. Heidi's dramatics just pissed me off.

I love Heidi and her obviously edited-in runway comments. I particularly love that they edit the show as if we won't notice.

Tim Gunn's very existence in the universe makes me happy. And my co-worker randomly met him the other day! He was buying furniture. She told him how much she loved the show, and said he was very sweet. He said the Garden Party ep was his favorite.

I work like, a short block from Parsons (I'm at 40th & Broadway). I should really try to stalk him.

SERIOUSLY! I really noticed the editedness in yesterday's episode. Lame.

And sooooo jealous about your coworker meeting Tim Gunn! Me and about eight other people watch PR every week, and we're all like, "Tim Gunn, we love you!" He belongs on our beautiful people thread, if for nothing but his sheer beautiful awesomeness:

(Yeah, that's a really small pic, sorry...)

Also, I think, after this uberlong post by yours truly, we need a separate Project Runway thread...
  • His music makes him about 1000x sexier.

Yann Tiersen:

[joygasm]
  • Two words: Jake Ryan.

• QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Feb 12 2006, 08:37 PM)
    Two words: Jake Ryan.

hahaha i love you for posting that!!! wub.gif
  • lol, well he's the perfect guy.

here's another one:

haha
  • I just noticed I've never contributed to this thread...

Its Steve Bays... He rocks what I call "the bays fro"

The rest of hot hot heat!
  • hot hot heat is actually weird looking

but themake good music?

lol they have nice personalities?
  • Ya, your totally right... they are kind of wierd lookin...

But everyones beautiful in gods eyes... SO THERE! I kid.
  • i love the hot hot heat action going on
  • hmmm i have to say that i agree with cillian.

I <3 these people...

...justin from the redwalls

...these kids

...jenny and johnathan smile.gif

and i thought conor oberst was attractive until i saw this...

bah hahaha