In this Discussion

Beautiful People Thread

Comments

• QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Feb 6 2006, 04:21 AM)
    And he's got the perfect amount of smarkwardness (smart + awkward) that I like.

Ahahahaha. A+ for that word.

Would you mind terribly if I borrowed "smarkwardness" on occasion? I promise to be kind to it and take it out to the finest restaurants.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 6 2006, 04:32 AM)
    Would you mind terribly if I borrowed "smarkwardness" on occasion?  I promise to be kind to it and take it out to the finest restaurants.

Aw, no problem! Although, I should probably introduce you to the nuances of the word (which has become an institution between my circle of friends).

There are four stages of smarkwardness.
    Stage one: The perfect blend...like that Gaspard guy. Or Damian. Of the one guy you know that's lanky and walk like he's falling over but you still have an insane crush on him...
    Stage two: The endearing kind. The kind that makes you go aww, I like you!---but wouln't find sups hot. Like the smart calc guy behind you who makes corny jokes you always laugh at.
    Stage three: The pretentions jerk. The kind that doesn't know they're smarkward and always finds an opportunity to showcase an unnerving display of cockiness/snubbiness/ANNOYING RANNTTSS. Cor, I hate this kind of smarkward.
    Stage four: The painful kind. This kind of smarkward draws horses and has lots of acne. We don't like to talk about this kind.

I hope this helps. Spread the smarkward! Spread!
  • AHAHAHAHAHA. That's quite beautifully said.

I always fall for Stage 1s. ALWAYS. Lanky intellectuals with that little pinch of klutz will always own my heart.
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Feb 5 2006, 09:46 PM)
    am i right in assuming that means "who is that?"  haha, if so, that would be kai kennedy of the locksley persuasion.  lol. if not, lo siento, no hablo frances.  haha

You assumed right. wink.gif I'm going to have to find out more about this Kai Kennedy person...

QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Feb 6 2006, 12:42 AM)
    Aw, no problem!  Although, I should probably introduce you to the nuances of the word (which has become an institution between my circle of friends).

There are four stages of smarkwardness. 
    Stage one: The perfect blend...like that Gaspard guy.  Or Damian.  Of the one guy you know that's lanky and walk like he's falling over but you still have an insane crush on him...
    Stage two: The endearing kind.  The kind that makes you go aww,  I like you!---but wouln't find sups hot.  Like the smart calc guy behind you who makes corny jokes you always laugh at.
    Stage three: The pretentions jerk.  The kind that doesn't know they're smarkward and always finds an opportunity to showcase an unnerving display of cockiness/snubbiness/ANNOYING RANNTTSS.  Cor, I hate this kind of smarkward.
    Stage four: The painful kind.  This kind of smarkward draws horses and has lots of acne.  We don't like to talk about this kind.

I hope this helps.  Spread the smarkward!  Spread!

Smarkward is the awesomest word I have EVER heard! Or at least have heard of in recent memory. biggrin.gif I am going to have to start using it profusely now. And Damian is soooooo smarkward.

I feel you, tonetoile. I totally always fall for the ones...and sometimes for the twos...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 7 2006, 02:31 AM)
    I feel you, tonetoile. I totally always fall for the ones...and sometimes for the twos...

Hahaha. I agree. I have done the same. I'm a sucker for people who can beat me in arguments (not very difficult, but they have to be willing to put up with the argument first) and who can discuss political issues and take me to little cafes tucked away. I'm a total sucker for the indie boy, the theatre nerd, the awkward musician, the loner artist, and even, sometimes, the math geek.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 7 2006, 02:37 AM)
    who can discuss political issues and take me to little cafes tucked away. 

Like poetry.
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Feb 6 2006, 10:51 PM)
    Like poetry.

Like seriously.

Oh, where is my indie boy/theatre nerd/awkward musician/loner artist/math geek? And why is he not with me?
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 7 2006, 04:01 AM)
    Oh, where is my indie boy/theatre nerd/awkward musician/loner artist/math geek? And why is he not with me?

Agreed.

I think I might put up a want add in the classified section... but then I'll end up with a 50-year-old man named Carl who wants to show me his "fine geetar playing."
  • you know Carl? he freaks me out too..
  • that is TOTALLY the same guy i was talking about tongue.gif
  • Most can recognize him by his mournful eyes and kick-ass mandolin (is that what it is?)
  • I saw this guy in a magazine I have, and I already love him. biggrin.gif

Though I've never listened to him.

• OH my goodness. Move over Carl.

He has fucking beautiful eyes... um, scratch that, beautiful face
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 6 2006, 11:31 PM)
    OH my goodness.  Move over Carl.

He has fucking beautiful eyes... um, scratch that, beautiful face

I KNOW

I'm obsessed with his eyes.

And everyone else's.

But he does have a beautiful face.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Feb 7 2006, 04:34 AM)
    I KNOW
    I'm obsessed with his eyes.

And everyone else's.

I almost always go for eyes. If a guy has pretty eyes, I'm a total goner.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 6 2006, 11:44 PM)
    I almost always go for eyes.  If a guy has pretty eyes, I'm a total goner.

I'm the same way. I'm obsessed with eyes. It's the first thing I draw when I attempt to draw people in are class. Because of that I fail.

Eyes fascinate me.

I like to repeat myself, don't I? hahaha biggrin.gif
  • I know! I always draw eyes, though mine never come out right. I can't seem to capture that little bit of light in them and it frustrates me. Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated with them, because I can't capture them. I love eye contact and think it's one of the most powerful means of communication (you know when you're with your friends and make eye contact and know EXACTLY what they're thinking or when you're with a guy and you make eye contact and you can't help but blush).
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 6 2006, 11:56 PM)
    I know!  I always draw eyes, though mine never come out right.  I can't seem to capture that little bit of light in them and it frustrates me.  Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated with them, because I can't capture them.  I love eye contact and think it's one of the most powerful means of communication (you know when you're with your friends and make eye contact and know EXACTLY what they're thinking or when you're with a guy and you make eye contact and you can't help but blush).

biggrin.gif

it's like you read my mind! Eye contact is a big thing for me.
  • Haha, yeah, but I always have such problems with eye contact sometimes because I find myself talking to people and totally staring in a different direction. I don't know, I love eyes, yet I find it intimidating around people I don't know too well or don't feel too comfortable with. [Ready? I'm going to get all faux-poetic on you]. Maybe it's because I feel like the eyes give away too much and I don't like that. I'm an actress, I put up fronts sometimes.

[P.S. I read ALL minds. I'm one o' them psychic detectives... ok, that's a lie. Though I think it would be a really cool profession to put on a resumé. "Let's see what you did Ms. L... librarian, actress.... psychic detective?!"]