In this Discussion

new album out aug 30th?

Comments

• Ok...I e-mailed the guy who had two copies up on Ebay, before he took them down, and he emailed me back saying that he found the cd in a pile of cd's that he bought of some guy.....maybe the guy who stole Andy's radio? Yeah, that's all I could think...

And then the second guy told me that he was on a mailing list, and that's how he got the cd so early.

I'm thinking that the second one was prett legit...but I wasn't really feeling the first guy, so it's kind of good that he had to take them down.
  • hmm is the tracklising legit? I'm surprised to see "oh no" didn't make the album. You know, it being the title track and all.
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Jun 4 2005, 08:36 PM)
    hmm is the tracklising legit? I'm surprised to see "oh no" didn't make the album. You know, it being the title track and all.

Wow, if it was missing that, then it's obviously not legit.. I don't know how to look at auctions on Ebay that are over? I only glanced at the tracklisting when we looked at it a few days ago.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 4 2005, 08:41 PM)
    Wow, if it was missing that, then it's obviously not legit.. I don't know how to look at auctions on Ebay that are over? I only glanced at the tracklisting when we looked at it a few days ago.

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • Yeah...if "Oh No" wasn't on the cd then it probably wasn't legit...how cuold the title track not be on the cd? That makes no sense. Plus, they've been singing it on this tour...so it must be on the cd....or that's my logic at least.
  • are you guys referring to the track that the background vocals go "oh no" and the chorus goes "whose house are you haunting tonight?" and sounds very Prince-y?

because, if i'm not mistaken, i dont think the title to that song is "Oh No" (i think it is "The House Wins"... but i could be wrong. maybe it's "Oh Lately It's So Quiet", not sure. one of those 2)
  • Hmmm...yeah, you may be right.

But I thought that Damian said the name of teh song was "Oh No" before he started singing it at the Montreal show. then again, I have a bad memory... tongue.gif
  • I always thought that track was called "Oh No" until today. Looking at the tracklisting that someone posted I saw that it wasn't there, then decided that it must be "Oh Lately It's So Quiet". Isn't that the first line of the song?
  • you know what, we need someone to get a setlist from this tour and tell us. lol.

then again, the boys just might put "Oh No" on there anyway because it's short and easy to remember

*strokes chin* hmm... *raises eyebrow* i shall have to ponder this further...
  • Haha...I know Pam has a setlist, but you're right, it might not tell us much.

Ok...someone track the band down, they'll give us an answer. lol.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Jun 4 2005, 08:09 PM)
    Haha...I know Pam has a setlist, but you're right, it might not tell us much.

WHERE"S MISTERJORGE. he'll tell us everything.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Jun 4 2005, 10:09 PM)
    Haha...I know Pam has a setlist, but you're right, it might not tell us much.

Ok, I've got 2 setlists from the last mini-tour, and both say "Oh No". I saw the setlists at all 3 of the last shows in the past week, and they all said "Oh No"... but you're right, that could just be what they write.

But I do distinctly remember Damian saying in Montreal that the new CD was called "Oh No", "and here's the song of the same name" or something like that.

Cinnamonlips, where did you get the tracklisting from? Was it from the ebay listing?
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 4 2005, 11:48 PM)
    Cinnamonlips, where did you get the tracklisting from? Was it from the ebay listing?

yep
  • Okay. Here's something else I've deduced. The song before "A Million Ways" is INDEED "It's a disaster" so this means one of a few things:

1) It was simply a lucky guess
    2) "Oh, No" was renamed
    3) It didn't make the album.
  • Pardon the double post but the very first line of "oh no" is INDEED "Oh Lately, it's so quiet."

Problem solved.
  • I'm assuming you figured that out from the dvd, right? I was curious to figure out which song was playing right before they start... but now that I listen to "It's a Disaster", I think you're right.

So I still don't know what to think about this tracklisting. Poison, you're right, "Oh lately it's so quiet" is the first line of the song.. so that could be it, but just renamed.. maybe??

EDIT: Woops, we posted at pretty much the same time. It just seems so weird though that the song wouldn't be named "Oh No" when the CD is called that. And maybe I just think that "Oh lately it's so quiet" is a weird song title. But that's just me tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 4 2005, 11:56 PM)
    I'm assuming you figured that out from the dvd, right? I was curious to figure out which song was playing right before they start... but now that I listen to "It's a Disaster", I think you're right.

So I still don't know what to think about this tracklisting. Poison, you're right, "Oh lately it's so quiet" is the first line of the song.. so that could be it, but just renamed.. maybe??

Yes. The dvd that fell off the back of that damn truck. The last line of Disaster is "That's all we got" and thats how the song finishes before "A million ways" starts. And yah. I just posted the "oh lately it's so quiet" thing. I'm quite sure it was simply renamed. Although it seems silly and ironic that the title track's name changed, eh?

EDIT: I loved that we both posted at the same time, with the same fact, and then you edited your post to say what I said in my latest prely. Ah good times.
  • AND that my edit and your reply were being typed at the same time (besides saying the exact same thing)...

Great minds think alike laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 5 2005, 12:02 AM)
    AND that my edit and your reply were being typed at the same time (besides saying the exact same thing)...

Great minds think alike  laugh.gif

You know maybe we should just get a joint account and save us the trouble of repeating each other, okay?
  • well if you look back at andy's blog you'll find that he said they got two people to make out during ok go's "ultra steamy romantic love song oh no" or something like that. i really doubt they changed the song name......