In this Discussion

new album out aug 30th?

Comments

• QUOTE (Seifer @ Jun 5 2005, 01:04 PM)
    well if you look back at andy's blog you'll find that he said they got two people to make out during ok go's "ultra steamy romantic love song oh no" or something like that.  i really doubt they changed the song name......

You know, I put some more thought into this. If it was called "Oh no" As of last saturdays montreal show, the new track listing must have been pressed AFTER that show. And since that's quite impossible as the auction must have started long ago, it's quite a mystery. Maybe it USED to be called "Oh lately it's so quiet"....Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore?!
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Jun 5 2005, 01:06 PM)
    You know, I put some more thought into this. If it was called "Oh no" As of last saturdays montreal show, the new track listing must have  been pressed AFTER that show. And since that's quite impossible as the auction must have started long ago, it's quite a mystery. Maybe it USED to be called "Oh lately it's so quiet"....Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore?!

I know that the CD's have been all pressed and finished, sitting in a warehouse since AT LEAST late March.

This is just getting too confusing. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, help us out here!!
  • Ok, I have two semi-intertwined thoughts to share:
    Maybe the album is called "Oh No", even if that isn't the title of one of the songs, just a line from one of the songs. Other examples of this: The Streets' album "Original Pirate Material" or Snow Patrol's "Final Straw."
    Maybe the song "Oh No" sorta has two names -- a la Green Day's "Good Riddance (time of your life)". "Good Riddance" was the official name, but no one ever really called it that. The same with "Oh Lately It's So Quiet (Oh No)"????
  • QUOTE (poison @ Jun 5 2005, 01:36 PM)
    Ok, I have two semi-intertwined thoughts to share:
    Maybe the album is called "Oh No", even if that isn't the title of one of the songs, just a line from one of the songs. Other examples of this: The Streets' album "Original Pirate Material" or Snow Patrol's "Final Straw."
    Maybe the song "Oh No" sorta has two names -- a la Green Day's "Good Riddance (time of your life)". "Good Riddance" was the official name, but no one ever really called it that. The same with "Oh Lately It's So Quiet (Oh No)"????

I could see that happening, definetely, but this guy on e-bay has the cd in his hands and that's what it said. Which makes it weird.
  • mayhaps the cd wasn't legit thats probably the most likely explanation me thinks
  • QUOTE (Seifer @ Jun 5 2005, 01:47 PM)
    mayhaps the cd wasn't legit thats probably the most likely explanation me thinks

IF it's not legit, how did it know that "Disaster" comes right before "A million ways"?
  • meh i dunno
  • Dr.Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, you're needed in the emergency room.
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Jun 5 2005, 01:51 PM)
    Dr.Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, you're needed in the emergency room.

If real doctors took this long to respond to "traumas" such as these, all the patients would be dead tongue.gif

There's no information up for the upcoming CD yet on amazon.com or bn.com, but they both have the new EP up there..
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 10 2005, 01:04 PM)
    If real doctors took this long to respond to "traumas" such as these, all the patients would be dead  tongue.gif

There's no information up for the upcoming CD yet on amazon.com or bn.com, but they both have the new EP up there..

Pam Pam! You're online!
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Jun 10 2005, 02:08 PM)
    Pam Pam! You're online!

WHERE is Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore when you need him!
    Calls out to Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and pounds chest for dramatic affect
    STELLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 10 2005, 01:34 PM)
    Calls out to Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and pounds chest for dramatic affect

Ahhhh.. I love A Streetcar Named Desire. Just had to say that.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 10 2005, 02:36 PM)
    Ahhhh.. I love A Streetcar Named Desire. Just had to say that.

that deserves a giant w00t!
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jun 10 2005, 01:34 PM)

My friend had just read that in school and got into the habit of saying Stellaaaaaa all the time, when we went to IHOP and our waitress, who was always missing when we needed her, was named Stella.

Continuing with the things that you don't really care about, I went to New Orleans to visit my college while my English class read SND.
  • someone i know has located the new okgo album (i think illiagly)....went round to theres and listend to it and oh no is one of the songs on there

of cource this probally sounds very much like im lieing to you good people...which im not...as i have better things to do then lie to random message board people..

belive if you wish..
  • i'm still convinced that "oh no" is the unofficial title for the song, but i guess we'll see
  • The official title of the song is "Oh Lately It's So Quiet." It is the song that Damian sometimes refers to as "Oh No," which he does because that's what they always called it when they were recording it. That's not the official name of the song. But it is the official name of the album.

And the copies that were flittering about on eBay are, I believe, promo copies that were sent to press. Those copies don't have any of the artwork or lyrics in them, though. They are poor, pathetic stepchildren of the fancy, glorious final version.
  • MmmmmmmmGloriousgoodness biggrin.gif
  • Its on the internet too-

Bummer that the CD has gotten pirated
  • lol Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore got rid of the site name haha