In this Discussion

OK Go covers?

Comments

• can someone send me a link or copy of the locomotion song?

anywhere to download "It's Tough to Have a Crush"?
  • QUOTE (anangryfish @ Dec 31 2004, 06:52 PM)
    jessie's girl is totally my favorite cover, because my name is jessie. dan drunkenly sang jessie's girl to me after the show when i saw them way back when. good fun.

I am OBSESSED with their cover of "Jessie's Girl." It is amazing. Damian's voice just makes me melt. It's so funny to hear him sing "Why can't I find a woman like that?" when he could probably get like, any woman he wanted.

I have a BUNCH of these covers and songs:
    Jessie's Girl
    Unrequited Orchestra
    It's Tough to Have a Crush
    Bruise Grey
    Hold the Line (which is like, Emo!Damian)
    Panic

and a bunch more. If anybody wants any, message me- I won't be able to get them to you for at least a week, but once I get the internet up and running, I'll try to get them out to you. (I also have to get "Clementine" uncopyright protected, 'cause it seems like nobody else has that song, and Napster is a dumbass and protected it. Boo.)
  • does anyone know where i can get a copy of their cover of oliver's army?
  • hello and welcome, apparent rooney fan. biggrin.gif
    check out the thread: all known OKGo songs and the yahoo acount: okgosongs pasword: okgook.
  • YEEES. I'm also listening to Dolly Parton do Crimson and Clover.

It is pretty kick-ass if I may say so.
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Dec 31 2005, 05:51 PM)
    YEEES.  I'm also listening to Dolly Parton do Crimson and Clover.

It is pretty kick-ass if I may say so.

Dolly Parton? Crimson and Clover??? Hee hee hee.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Dec 30 2005, 10:56 PM)
    hello and welcome, apparent rooney fan. biggrin.gif
    check out the thread: all known OKGo songs and the yahoo acount: okgosongs pasword: okgook.

sweet. thanks a bunch.
  • Ooh! I love Rooney! smile.gif
  • NEW CD NEXT YEAR. I liek Rooney.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Jan 1 2006, 03:08 AM)
    NEW CD NEXT YEAR. I liek Rooney.

i know, i'm way excited!
  • This is like the thread for new users. Welcome everyone (although, I'm not quite sure if I'm authority enough with my 60+ posts).

And, happy new years!
  • QUOTE (Connyfoo @ Jan 2 2006, 01:47 PM)
    This is like the thread for new users.  Welcome everyone (although, I'm not quite sure if I'm authority enough with my 60+ posts).

And, happy new years!

ya haha. i kind of joined because i was curious about the oliver's army cover, because that's actually my favorite song by Elvis Costello, so hearing that Ok Go covered it was pretty exciting. I found it on limewire... but how the heck to you get onto the yahoo account? bah i'm so computer inept it's not even funny. I'll keep looking...

happy new year's to you too!!!

edit: oh nevermind, i figured it out. haha. but i'm going to have to do it at my friends house or something because SBCyahoo is being retarded.
  • they should do ''A million ways'' by okgo

.....wait a second.......
  • On the UK tour, they've been covering a song by ELectric Light Orchestra. But I can't remember what its called haha. woooops.
  • It's called Don't Bring Me Down and it rocks!
  • So I've officially decided that they should cover Harry Nilsson's song "You're Breaking My Heart" because the song opens with the following:

You're breaking my heart
    You're tearing it apart
    So f*&$ you

biggrin.gif I'd love to hear them sing that song...
  • Haha, that would totally rule! I'm getting a hold of that song for sure!
  • QUOTE (Flynn @ Jan 18 2006, 08:34 PM)
    Haha, that would totally rule! I'm getting a hold of that song for sure!

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspxid=364YMH66XIGIW0UF5NZH316RVU
    biggrin.gif

(I'm currently totally obsessed with the Breakfast on Pluto soundtrack, which it's on. It's basically 2.5 hours of vintage pop 70's hits like The Rubettes, T-Rex, Harry Nilsson, Dusty Springfield, and Van Morrison. So obsessed. )
  • hey, i don't know if anyone was at the brooklyn show, but they played a Talking Heads cover. Don't know which song though sad.gif