In this Discussion

OK Go covers?

Comments

• QUOTE (imalunchbox @ Feb 1 2006, 09:05 PM)
    hey, i don't know if anyone was at the brooklyn show, but they played a Talking Heads cover. Don't know which song though  sad.gif

"Stay Up Late," I believe. It totally rocked. I tried to record it, but my little recorder mp3 player-thinger was too close to the speakers (I was in front row biggrin.gif), so all you hear is loud thumping and Damian's unclear and very distant voice. tongue.gif Guts.
  • OK SO..

OK GO Live is always so much better, they are f-in' awsome in the flesh... especially when they do a cover or Electric Light Orchestra
    they rocked the house with a rendition of Don't Bring Me Down...

I mean it was amazing, no joke. In fact, like many drugs when taken once, this had me wanting more... a lot more.
  • QUOTE (Rock_Pulse @ Feb 25 2006, 02:31 AM)
    OK SO..

OK GO Live is always so much better, they are f-in' awsome in the flesh... especially when they do a cover or Electric Light Orchestra

I mean it was amazing, no joke. In fact, like many drugs when taken once, this had me wanting more... a lot more.

ACK!!!! they covered ELO?!?!?!?! Im SO very jealous........
    It's called Don't Bring Me Down and it rocks!

they did that when i saw them and it was amazing! covers are so much fun
  • QUOTE (Rock_Pulse @ Feb 25 2006, 09:31 AM)
    OK SO..

They played it last night in Glasgow as well smile.gif
  • QUOTE (CRM6477 @ Mar 23 2006, 06:06 PM)
    They played it last night in Glasgow as well  smile.gif

Ooooh, a Scots...man...woman...errr...a Scotsperson! Welcome!
  • "A Glasweeegiaann from Glasgow!"
  • Dude, I don't know if any cover could top the one they did of "Don't Bring Me Down." ELO has such a similar sound so it was a perfect song to do. Hmmm, maybe something really old, like something from the 60s or so. I know this is kind of cliche, but what about "Twist and Shout" by the Beatles? I was watching Ferris Bueler's Day Off and it just seemed like it'd be a fun song to cover.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 24 2006, 04:03 PM)
    Hmmm, maybe something really old, like something from the 60s or so. 

Anything from the 60s in find by me. Only don't call that stuff old. It makes Tempe Arizona not a happy desert camper.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 24 2006, 09:02 PM)
    Anything from the 60s in find by me. Only don't call that stuff old. It makes Tempe Arizona not a happy desert camper.

I guess music from the 60s isn't that old, it just seems that way since I wasn't born then.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 24 2006, 06:03 PM)
    Dude, I don't know if any cover could top the one they did of "Don't Bring Me Down."  ELO has such a similar sound so it was a perfect song to do.  Hmmm, maybe something really old, like something from the 60s or so.  I know this is kind of cliche, but what about "Twist and Shout" by the Beatles?  I was watching Ferris Bueler's Day Off and it just seemed like it'd be a fun song to cover.

Two things:

1) Welcome over here, HelloLover! I was wondering when you were gonna' get to these boards. smile.gif

2) I heared the original "Don't Bring Me Down" in the car today, and I was like, "OMG OK GO COVERED THIS SONG!" My friend Jeremy just looked at me funny. But I was excited. smile.gif again.
  • I found a lot of the songs on the list..are you going to start a new account for the songs?
  • I still think Twist and Shout would be a cool cover.

Yep, jedi grl, I remembered today that there was another message board and jumped right on it. We should convert everyone over there, and vice versa. There are so many of the same topics in both places and it'd be nice if they could all get together.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 25 2006, 12:01 AM)
    I still think Twist and Shout would be a cool cover.

Yep, jedi grl, I remembered today that there was another message board and jumped right on it.  We should convert everyone over there, and vice versa.  There are so many of the same topics in both places and it'd be nice if they could all get together.

Actually, as much as I love the JC, I quite like that there's not a weekly "oMG DaMian's soooooooooooooo hott!" post over here.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 25 2006, 12:12 AM)
    Actually, as much as I love the JC, I quite like that there's not a weekly "oMG DaMian's soooooooooooooo hott!" post over here.

I'm totally with you on that one, jedi_grrlie! But if you want, I could always start a weekly barage of gaga.

(Ha ha, you know I wouldn't taint this discussion board by doing that.) wink.gif
  • Now that you mention it, that's really true. The discussions here are from a lot more serious fans and things actually get accomplished, instead of JC where things get posted but then end up something so completely off subject (like when you posted your picture, gah, what an ordeal that was. I still don't know where they got off bashing me about my interview). I'm glad I remembered this place from long ago, I actually think I signed up but I have no idea as what. I'm so glad to have joined!!!!
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 25 2006, 01:13 AM)
    I'm glad I remembered this place from long ago, I actually think I signed up but I have no idea as what.  I'm so glad to have joined!!!!

Well, we're glad to have you!

Oh and Damian is sooooooo hot. Lol, I just stuck that in to get a reaction out of jedi_grrlie.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 25 2006, 03:22 AM)
    Well, we're glad to have you! 

Oh and Damian is sooooooo hot. Lol, I just stuck that in to get a reaction out of jedi_grrlie.

Well, see, you actually know how to spell his name. For some reason, the JCers are really really good at spelling "Rusty," "Andy," "Dan," and "Tim."

"Damian Kulash," however, they seem to have issues with. *facepalm*

Not that I'm hating on the JC. But it's true, I feel like there's far more intelligent discourse that happens over here.

I think I've said all this before at some other post...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Mar 25 2006, 03:42 AM)
    Well, see, you actually know how to spell his name. For some reason, the JCers are really really good at spelling "Rusty," "Andy," "Dan," and "Tim."

"Damian Kulash," however, they seem to have issues with.  *facepalm*

Not that I'm hating on the JC. But it's true, I feel like there's far more intelligent discourse that happens over here.

I think I've said all this before at some other post...

Agreed. Nor would they understand any of the things Damian has written.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Mar 25 2006, 03:45 AM)
    Agreed.  Nor would they understand any of the things Damian has written.

Seriously, when's the last time you heard someone at the JC go, "Oh, man, I really wish Damian would come on the Boards and tell us what he thought about the State of the Union Address!" Hmm?

Edit: I feel like I'm just being obnoxious now..... biggrin.gif