In this Discussion

You Rock, Dan!

Comments

• !!!! I love them!
  • I hope Dan won't mind that I share these (Haven't seen him since high school - so guess there's no asking) , but everyone we went to school with has them.....so, I suppose it's okay.

Anyway, these are from our 6th, 7th and 8th grade yearbooks - sorry they're so small, I'm really new to this and don't know how to do all this. I thought all the Dan fans out there might like to see him from way before the OkGo days!

Enjoy laugh.gif

[attachment=441:Ok_go_3.JPG][attachment=440:Ok_go_2.JPG][attachment=439:Ok_Go.JP
    G]
  • QUOTE (musicalone @ Dec 5 2007, 10:15 PM)
    I hope Dan won't mind that I share these (Haven't seen him since high school - so guess there's no asking) , but everyone we went to school with has them.....so, I suppose it's okay.

Anyway, these are from our 6th, 7th and 8th grade yearbooks - sorry they're so small, I'm really new to this and don't know how to do all this. I thought all the Dan fans out there might like to see him from way before the OkGo days!

Enjoy laugh.gif

[attachment=441:Ok_go_3.JPG][attachment=440:Ok_go_2.JPG][attachment=439:Ok_Go.JP
    G]

AWWW!! Thank you soo much for posting these, they are adorable lol.
  • WOW! Thanks for posting! That's so cool!
  • wow, look at all that hair! Thanks for sharing with us!
  • I love Dan. Too bad his drums cover his face sad.gif
  • OOH nice! I'm glad you got a clear shot at Dan. =D
  • QUOTE (musicalone @ Dec 5 2007, 08:15 PM)
    I hope Dan won't mind that I share these (Haven't seen him since high school - so guess there's no asking) , but everyone we went to school with has them.....so, I suppose it's okay.

Enjoy laugh.gif

G]

Thank you! Those are so cuuute!
  • i'm loving those high school pictures smile.gif

here's what i managed to get at the show...

and yes, i do realize they are pretty awful, but i had to try, right? damn him for being so awesome, yet stuck behind the drums!! wink.gif
  • hehe the first one's cute. he looks really concentrated.
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Dec 8 2007, 01:21 AM)
    hehe the first one's cute. he looks really concentrated.

Before they went out on stage the other night to play he was pacing around on the side of the stage air drumming...he looked concentrated and a little anxious/nervous. It was so cute smile.gif
  • aww i <3 Dan
  • Browsing through the OK Go Flickr group...

• Angie, I am mesmerized by Damian jumping on a deer in your sig. Where is that from?
  • hahah about the whole anxious thing, Drumming is VERY difficult, if you mess up basically everyone is screwed. So yeah, I would be nervous too. I miss drumming and performing, i was in percussion for 7 years, never really learned the set, but did a lot of Marching and concert stuff. its a blast.
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Dec 8 2007, 08:35 PM)
    Before they went out on stage the other night to play he was pacing around on the side of the stage air drumming...he looked concentrated

Even tho it's his job to practice and prep and do everything that being a musician entails- there's something about that image that makes me feel tingly.

Drumming is VERY difficult, if you mess up basically everyone is screwed.

I admire Dan a lot for that. I actually grew up on classical music so I've been to see the boston symphony orchestra way more times than any child should, and I have to say, most classical pieces weren't originally orchestrated the way we see them today, and so now especially percussion parts are split up between a ridiculously excessive amnt of ppl, in my opinion. I am not and never have been a percussionist, so maybe I have no right to talk, and I know these guys are great, grand masters, but when 2 of them are sitting there for 10 measures' rest while another percussion player plays...well, Dan's got them beat. Dan deals with so much- everything depends on him. He's awesome.
  • well yeah, sometimes the music is split up rediculously. But a lot of contemporary stuff requires many percussion instruments to be going at the same time, so unless you can play the timpanis with your right, the wood block with your left, open and close a high hat with your foot and then play the trangle with the beater in your mouth, while keeping the rhythms and notes straight its impossible, but I agree there are times where you're just like Why do we need 5 people here right now? and sometimes they do it because the next piece will require them all and you don't want them just standing there looking dumb.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 8 2007, 10:21 PM)
    Angie, I am mesmerized by Damian jumping on a deer in your sig. Where is that from?

It's from a video that I got off okgocentral.com...you have to see the whole thing because it is HILARIOUS.
    okgocentral.com > video and audio > online appearances > "Virgin Mobile Oliver the Reindeer"
    The sig is the fantastic work of miss Tabetha smile.gif

QUOTE (Tabetha)
    Even tho it's his job to practice and prep and do everything that being a musician entails- there's something about that image that makes me feel tingly.

I know what you mean! It got me even more excited. Haha, I think I forget sometimes that it isn't magic that they can sing and play instruments so well...they practice and get nervous too because, well, they are human! biggrin.gif