In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 28 2006, 03:57 AM)
    You find the coolest stuff! A tree like that sounds like it'd be awesome on an album cover or something. I say, Ok Go should go investigate that.

Wow, so cool that you climb trees! I'm so afraid of heights.

Oh, I'm terrified of heights too. I just don't look down. I'm slowly trying to get over my fear. This tree has so many branches that it's like a treehouse of sorts. It's also covered with the most vile types of graffiti. It's simultaniously frightening (as it was most likely written by middle schoolers who are far too young to be drawing penises and slurs on trees) and hilarious (some of it is just so over the top, it's amazing).

I'm friends with some neohippies. One was sitting in the tree playing a guitar. Stereotypitastic!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 27 2006, 10:53 PM)
    Wow, that book your talking about sounds really interesting. What was the person smoking who wrote that? Is it hard to read? Sounds kinda cool.

an example of what a page of this book looks like:

hehe... and my personal fave page:

if you do decide to give it a read, make sure you put on poe's album "haunted" while doing so... her brother wrote the book, and some of the songs mirror it...
  • that's so awesome--I heard about that book ages ago and I've always wanted to read it. Is it good?

I've always wanted to climb the huge trees down here (in New Orleans) and sit on a branch over a road to see if anyone notices, but I haven't found one with a low enough branch to get on. My plot has been foiled.

Now I'm off to find the roach blog smile.gif
  • Does this book have a naaame?
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Jun 28 2006, 02:47 PM)
    Does this book have a naaame?

house of leaves...
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jun 28 2006, 08:01 PM)
    house of leaves...

nice correctness to word color biggrin.gif

I started reading it today and it's already starting to give me chills. Eeeeeh.
  • Did that dude write the book like that so there'd be a lot of blank spots and he could make more money from excess pages? Hmm, sounds really interesting though. I'll have to check it out. You guys find the coolest things!

Glad you enjoyed the blog, QueenofthePosers. biggrin.gif
  • take a look at the back.
    how much is the book??
  • My friends and I, I realized, are like love jackals. Bear with me on this one.

Ok, jackals are scavengers and, upon finding some new meat to scavenge upon, they surround it and eat it.

In comparison, my friends and I find people we think are interesting (the "new meat") and surround him/her with love in the form of a plethora of (usually incoherent) phone calls and having them have conversations in trees with us.

Love jackals.

It's wonderful.

QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Jun 29 2006, 02:00 AM)
    take a look at the back.
    how much is the book??

$20 usually
  • So i have like a million Florida shirts with different cities on the fronts.... I have no idea why.....i wear them at home because i think that city shirts are kind of lame. I've only been to florida twice... when I was like 12... how did I get all these shirts? I didn't even buy any of them, My family just buys them and gives them to me... Ok whatever... this matter is not important at all...
  • ^^ Lol! What a funny story! I'll send you some AZ shirts from Walgreens to add to your collection if you want laugh.gif

BTW, Game Show Marathon is some show hosted by Ricky Lake where celebrities play classic game shows. So how come Jeopardy isn't one of the game shows that the celebrities get to play?
  • lol! well because snl gives us that pleasure
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jun 29 2006, 10:49 PM)
    lol! well because snl gives us that pleasure

• AHHH! MIX! i love that to the nth degree!
  • I just had the best idea!! I'm going to go make some popcorn! Which really reminds me of this!!

• Umm. So I'm all dressed and made up and cool-looking for the show tonight....and I'm not taking the train into the city until 2:56. And I won't get into the city until after 4. And the doors don't open until 8 pm. And I don't know what Elle is doing, so I should probably call her and check that out before I head into the city....'course, I could always hang out at the Strand for a while, if I need to.....

Hmm.
  • no more school, ever!!!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HAPPY CANADA DAY ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and happy bday mom! tongue.gif