In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 5 2006, 03:37 AM)
    ^^^ Lol!!! I started laughing so hard, I forgot I was on the telephone. Now my sister, who was on the phone, is quite concerned. I can't explain why I was laughing, which is only making her crazy.

ha ha, at least i'm not on the phone
  • LISTEN UP, GANG!

The Strokes have a mission for you:

Operation: Top 10 Artists

Alright, we're going to try something. But, it all depends on you the fans or it will not work.
    We have never been featured on the Top 10 Artists page and would like to reach it at least once. So here's what we would appreciate you doing right now all the way through tomorrow.

- Look at our MySpace page (once is fine, but more is better)
    - Post bulletins telling your friends to look
    - Leave millions of comments
    - Listen to our songs (and then add them to your profiles)

Do that today, and then tomorrow, and then you're done. And we'll see what happens. We're counting on you, so let's do this!

At exactly 12:51, begin!

So at the very least, please go and listen to their songs!!
    http://www.myspace.com/thestrokes
  • aww, aren't you a good little fan *hugs*
  • Who else thinks "razorblade" sounds like a "Mandy" the Barry Manilow song knock off? is it only me and the hipster from streogum?
  • No, it would be you, the hipster from stereogum, Rolling Stone, Blender, Chart....

I would like to add, however, that it blows freaking Barry Manilow away.
  • Well if BLENDER says its true...

anyways... i'm not that into razorblade...
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jul 5 2006, 07:47 PM)
    anyways... i'm not that into razorblade...

'tis my least fave strokes song...
  • DARBIE?! I thought you loved all things Strokes with equality. But she chooses favourites! I hope you don't do the same with your children, they seem the jealous type...
  • Man, overly-religious people can really suck sometimes..I just had to write a testimonial to my friend's parents telling them that no, I don't think wearing tight pants makes him a homosexual. rolleyes.gif
  • that is so gay...

Sorry, I obviously kid but couldn't help it.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 5 2006, 08:14 PM)
    Man, overly-religious people can really suck sometimes..I just had to write a testimonial to my friend's parents telling them that no, I don't think wearing tight pants makes him a homosexual. rolleyes.gif

Overly religious people can be really strange. They act repressed, but in fact are overly sexual. I think the repression kind of messes with their heads. I can say all this because a very religious person on a dating website once got in contact with me. He acted very pious, but then he had all these sexual things in mind. He thought because I wasn't as religious as him, I would be "fun." He acted really nice on the first phone call, then he started in on all this in the following phone calls. Eww, he was gross. Luckily, I never had to talk to him much and never had to meet him in person for a date. After 3 phone calls, I told him I didn't want to see him. He just couldn't understand why.

Tempe is not very good at finding men!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 5 2006, 11:01 PM)
    Tempe is not very good at finding men!

that's 'cause you're looking for them on the wrong website!.. hehe... *hugs dave*
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jul 5 2006, 09:06 PM)
    that's 'cause you're looking for them on the wrong website!.. hehe... *hugs dave*

Lol, you guys should do commercials for e-harmony. And then when they ask you to say something you say, "Wait, e-harmony? No that's not were we found each other. Who the hell would use that website? What are we doing a commercial for?" Then you and dave can get into a really cool fight with the old dude who owns e-harmony. It'd be so hillarious, someone will give you your own tv show!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 5 2006, 11:09 PM)
    It'd be so hillarious, someone will give you your own tv show!

you're saying i don't already have my own tv show?!? then why are all these cameras in my room?!?
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jul 6 2006, 12:11 AM)
    you're saying i don't already have my own tv show?!? then why are all these cameras in my room?!?

HAHAHAHHA! oh my! I'm in a library, very early in the morn, I had to suppress that giggle. I will set it free as soon as I leave.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jul 4 2006, 10:35 PM)
    so i was bored today, and was looking for some stuff in my school reference centre...

seems like damian published a series of law documents in 1974....

Damian Kulash LAWYER EXTRODINAIRE!

But......he wasn't alive in 1974........

I'm so confused.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jul 6 2006, 06:31 PM)
    But......he wasn't alive in 1974........

I'm so confused.

Remember, OKGO Damian is a junior...it's probably from his brainiac father, who is a bigwig in transportation. That's my guess anyway.
  • Its probably not him i guess... I thought it was unill i saw the date. Also there are like 3 other Damian Kulashes with J initials who are damn smart, and have published things. Its pretty wierd...

and also...

• That's true about his dad being a hotshot with Washington transportation, though.