In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• do you get the overwelming desire to smash the guitar up after a song?

and say "GOOD NIGHT CALGARY"
  • yeah, one time i thought it would be a good idea to jump off a chair and be all rock and roll... that chair got broke, the worst thing about that... it was his last unbroken chair
  • cant be to rock and roll with the bongo drumbs with donky kongo

its a sad sound to hear somone playing it at night clapping to them selfs
  • that just brought a tear to my eye...
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 18 2006, 06:15 PM)
    you ever play guitar hero? its intense.

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD YES. It's the most addictive game ever and it makes me feel like a rock star.

Do you have guitar hero II yet? I hear it's even more mind-blowingly fantastic.

I miss that game so much. It gave me the illusion of competence.

I started drawing again. I don't know how I feel about it. The face seems off, pointers please?

This one needs a lot of work with the eyes, but I've erased and redrawn it so much I'm afraid of touching it:
  • maybe the lips are abit off?

somthing draws me to them (haha a pun!)

i would say that "shes cute" but then you would be all "omg thats my 15 year old sister" and i would have some explaining to do

in conclushon, great pics but the lips stand out for me
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 18 2006, 08:31 PM)
    maybe the lips are abit off?
    somthing draws me to them (haha a pun!)
    i would say that "shes cute" but then you would be all "omg thats my 15 year old sister" and i would have some explaining to do
    in conclushon, great pics but the lips stand out for me

Hahahah. They're not based on anyone in particular; I use a bunch of peoples' faces to get a shape.

I see what you're saying. I tend to darken the lips too much in terms of outlining. I'll soften it a bit.

Truth: I keep looking at Craigslist.com for apartments for next year. I want to have dinner parties and play scrabble and oh my god these apartments are beautiful:
    http://montreal.craigslist.org/apa/236189290.html

Oh my god I'm so excited for next year. I really hope everything works out. If Ken and Elena get into Concordia and we all live together with my current roomies, we could pay very little for rent and oh my god it would be so much fun.
  • that is a sexy appartment

$1200 odd a month?
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 18 2006, 09:06 PM)
    that is a sexy appartment

$1200 odd a month?

I know! It's super cheap and the apartments are rather beautiful. I'm actually looking for a place on the Plateau because, really, it's a lot more interesting and also very close to McGill/downtown while being in a pretty nice section.

Also, the apartments there tend to be really pretty in an old-looking way (I have a friend that lives around that area now and I have apartment envy).

It's more expensive, but it is beautiful:
    http://montreal.craigslist.org/apa/236403038.html
    (with 5 people living there [which is probably what's going to happen if everything works out], it's only about $250/mo plus utils).

But this is the epitome of the Plateau beauty (though only 4.5 rooms and therefore not big enough to share with a bunch of people):
    http://montreal.craigslist.org/apa/235930188.html
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 18 2006, 10:50 AM)
    This anticipation is killing me. I just feel all shredded up inside. All I've been doing for the past three or four days is crying. I feel so heartbroken, to the point where I feel completely incapacitated. Paper due on Thursday? I can't even focus on it. I know I shouldn't be letting this get to me this much, but I am.
    Nice to know that I'll have spent both my 18th and 21st birthdays wallowing in my own heartache.
    (Not to mention the RIDICULOUS amount of ruined music I now have on my iPod. >.<)
    sad.gif

QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 18 2006, 12:15 PM)
    you ever play guitar hero? its intense.
    QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 18 2006, 02:02 PM)
    OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD YES. It's the most addictive game ever and it makes me feel like a rock star.
    Ha, I was just at a Guitar Hero II party last Saturday. I was too scared to participate, though. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 18 2006, 02:55 PM)
    Hahahah. They're not based on anyone in particular; I use a bunch of peoples' faces to get a shape.
    I actually thought the top one resembled you.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 18 2006, 09:02 PM)

I just noticed the WAS lyrics....
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 18 2006, 11:05 PM)
    I just noticed the WAS lyrics....

I tend to write what I'm listening to at the time. The other one has lyrics from "We Will Become Silhouettes."

P.S. I hope you're feeling at least a little bit better sweetie. I'm always here if you need someone to rant to. ::hug::
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 18 2006, 02:22 PM)
    you need guitar hero! nothing beats that feeling of being ultra lame after scoring 100% on 'sweet child o mine'... good times

I love that game. I beat it within an hour of purchasing it, but I still love it.

Have you played Amplitude? Equally addicting.

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 18 2006, 04:02 PM)

I started drawing again. I don't know how I feel about it. The face seems off, pointers please?
    This one needs a lot of work with the eyes, but I've erased and redrawn it so much I'm afraid of touching it:

I love the song to which the lyrics go in the first one. All I can see that needs improving is the glasses are a bit crooked. Other than that, it's wonderful!

As for the second pic, try using a lightbox to trace over the general areas you want to keep and go from there. I like the look of the left eye(from the drawing's perspective, I guess it'd be their right eye actually..), if you can match the other eye to it, it'll look good. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 18 2006, 11:36 PM)
    I love the song to which the lyrics go in the first one. All I can see that needs improving is the glasses are a bit crooked. Other than that, it's wonderful!

As for the second pic, try using a lightbox to trace over the general areas you want to keep and go from there. I like the look of the left eye(from the drawing's perspective, I guess it'd be their right eye actually..), if you can match the other eye to it, it'll look good. smile.gif

Thanks so much! Yeah, I have a lot of trouble with glasses, which is why I try and throw them in. I think I have trouble with the perspective since I try to use my glasses as a reference point and end up moving my head and what results is a conglomeration of too many angles.

I also have trouble with eyes (as seen per the second) simply because they never seem to match up. I just need to keep trying to draw them and maybe it will come out eventually. biggrin.gif

Thanks again! I really appreciate any advice.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 18 2006, 01:02 PM)

guitar hero 2 is in fact the shit

and, um as for the drawing... its fine, eyes are always a bitch, it not like people notice them ever, ok, so they do, they can suck it. i dont have any drawing tips, um... ball and shield, yup remember that, and um... the face is 3 eyes wide, or something like that, i should go find my notes from last year.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 19 2006, 12:40 AM)
    they can suck it.

best art advice ever.

I can't stop procrastinating. After a friend's b-day yesterday (which consisted of my friend eing hit on by 30somethings at a bar who were having a bachelor party, going to a punk bar and trying to mosh while very much inebriated [best drunk experience ever], in order to solve the question "which boy is prettier," having two boys thumb-wrestle over the title, and screaming along with a bunch of drunken hipster punks to "Enter Sandman"), I jst wanted to sleep and go on the internet.

Consequently, I have done little work (I wrote an essay about psychoanalysis in a non-Western setting?).

Tell me it's alright.

Also, (when it's not raining, which is rarely), this is what I wake up to in the morning:

What do YOU wake up to?
  • On the weekends it's my cat pawing at the closet door at 7:30 am. I don't know what he thinks he's going to do in there, or why only at 7:30... I wonder if he does that during hte week
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 19 2006, 02:43 AM)
    On the weekends it's my cat pawing at the closet door at 7:30 am. I don't know what he thinks he's going to do in there, or why only at 7:30... I wonder if he does that during hte week

Nope. Cats KNOW when you can sleep in. On those days, they are diabolical mastermids. Mine came in and would knead my face with his paws and nudge me with his nose until I woke up... but only on days when I had time to sleep in (the thing is, he would come in around the time my alarm WOULD have gone off. It's like he's trying to be responsible for me... or is just evil. Unnaturaly cute, but evil.)
  • kneads your face?? wow!! My female (Liz) just gets real close and tickles me with her whiskers and purrs real loud... but only if the food dish is empty, my male (Gus) is the door scratcher
  • im listening to my friend yell at people in chat rooms.
    its so effin funny.
    like every other word is fuck, or kick your ass, or bitch.
    lol