In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• My list for universities is pretty short:

Western
    and U of T.

blink.gif

But I don't have to think about that for another year or so. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 2 2007, 12:43 AM)
    and andy, that is a very very bad joke.... I like it. like a lot.

i rule at finding bad jokes =p
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 2 2007, 03:29 AM)
    I made myself a universities list last week:

McGill
    Ottawa U
    Carleton
    Concordia

..leaving high school is gross.

I've been making University lists too!
    So far I've got Cambridge and Univeristy College London. I went there today, it's amazing, and they still do human dissection! YAY!!!

I agree, it's very scary...

And well done thephantommilk!!
    Those numbers mean absolutely nothing to me, but judging by everyone else's reaction you sound like a genius, so I'm very happy for you smile.gif
  • cambridge! ohmy.gif
    i wanna go there for grad school!
    actually i have a list of brit grad schools
    oxford
    LSE
    cambridge!
    thats all for now.. as i do have quite a few years before its actually time for me to go to business school - but i like to dream smile.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 2 2007, 07:24 PM)
    cambridge! ohmy.gif
    i wanna go there for grad school!
    actually i have a list of brit grad schools
    oxford
    LSE
    cambridge!
    thats all for now.. as i do have quite a few years before its actually time for me to go to business school - but i like to dream smile.gif

cambu is indeed great, but nottingham is where its at =p
  • if you say so!
    i'll add it to the list smile.gif
    i love lists.
    lists on post-its. woo!
  • Yeah Ambers come to Cambridge with me!

actually I much prefer UCL now. It's brilliant smile.gif

And Nottingham's cool, but falling apart ever so slightly.
    And when I was staying in the Halls of residence, the toilet was broken and therefore noisy when I was trying to sleep.
    *sigh*
    Notts is just dangerous anyway!
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 2 2007, 08:29 PM)
    cambu is indeed great, but nottingham is where its at =p

It's also apparently where the gun crime's at.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 2 2007, 06:13 AM)
    First off, congrats, because those are amazing scores. You got higher than I did in everything. (Well, not in the writing, but that's 'cause I took the old school SAT, so I don't have a score for that.)

Secondly, with scores that good, why the fuck are you taking them again?? Unless you're trying to into some seriously high end schools (ie, Harvard, which we already determined you're not applying to), you don't need to put yourself through the trouble, honestly. Like I said, I got less than you, and that was enough to get me into Smith, Mt. Holyoke, and Lafayette.

And don't be fooled into thinking the SAT determines your whole future. You've got more than 60 years to go. In the long run, your SAT score isn't really important. At all. (And actually, neither is your GPA, haha.) And anybody who makes you think it's that important is a twat, and you shouldn't be listening to them in the first place.

haha, thanks. And I don't know if I'm taking them again, but I might as well. And, well, I know I don't need to get any higher to get in anywhere (not even harvard, actually) but I want to see if I can do better. I dunno, it depends if I have the time or not. most people take them over again.

And yeah, I was kind of venting at not just the SATs, but also MCAS. I mean, that really can determine your future- if you don't pass, then you can't graduate, and if you can't graduate, then that screws it all up. of course, MCAS are really easy, but that's besides the point.
    plus its the idea that a standardized test wants to decide your whole life... like, even though the colleges don't look too much at them, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. and even though I have nothing to worry about, it's still something that I just don't like- like the jail system or the school system or anything in this place. they just don't work.

actually, there was in article in Parade Magazine on Sunday about how the owner of the Red Sox (John Henry) went to some weird unknown Californian college (Victory Valley?) and about how it matters more what you do during and after college than where you go.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 2 2007, 09:19 PM)
    And Nottingham's cool, but falling apart ever so slightly.
    And when I was staying in the Halls of residence, the toilet was broken and therefore noisy when I was trying to sleep.
    *sigh*
    Notts is just dangerous anyway!

you would have andy to protect you though =p

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 2 2007, 09:19 PM)
    It's also apparently where the gun crime's at.

and knife crime! and car crime...and house theft
  • Nottingham: aka shithole tongue.gif
    except for the fact that andy's there
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 2 2007, 10:01 PM)
    Nottingham: aka shithole tongue.gif
    except for the fact that andy's there

wub.gif

=p
  • okay so maybe nottingham is off the list now? haha
    other than everything you all have said about it, i looked it up and it seems more of a science-y school.

hmm so i looked up UCL and apparently its part of the university of london, and that means that london school of economics and london business school are part of it or something
    i'm not quite sure how that works - like do you apply to each one separately or do you have one application and choose what schools you want it sent to and pay the fee for each (like the univ. of california system, and i think some other public uni systems).

once again, i really need not worry about this now, but its interesting, and i like thinking about my ideal future haha.

and uhh someone explain this uni of london system please smile.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 3 2007, 02:01 AM)
    and uhh someone explain this uni of london system please smile.gif

Lol, when you put it like that it does sound confusing...

UCL is part of the University of London, but where you apply depends on what you want to do. You apply to the separate Universities - they're just all covered by the main university, kinda... For example my friend may apply to do French at the UCL, I will apply to do medicine at the med school part of it (it's a separate place), someone else will apply to the LSE to do economics etc... We do it through a system called UCAS though which makes it easier - when you have to apply maybe you could get in like that?

It's not as difficult as it sounds, I promise tongue.gif
  • ah that makes much more sense now - thanks dear!
  • blarg, im running on about 4 hours sleep atm

and i had a secrect reveiw thing at work, where they all watch you though the cctv and reveiw how great i am on the tills

and i was pretty much dead on the tills

yet i still got full marks

im dazed and confused..
  • yay good job!

are they doing reviews for annual raises?
  • hahahahahaha

hahahaha

hahaha

haha

ha

hahaha..

sainsburys are the devil!

they dont give raises out to the peons on the till like me..

i did actully get like a 3% raise as part of the big uk budget report thing though...
  • You think you have problems?

My boss is so mean, I'm on minimum wage and have been at my job for 2 years, yet I have never a received a raise.
    It's shit.

But I get to do operations so I don't mind so much... hehe
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 3 2007, 06:38 PM)
    You think you have problems?

My boss is so mean, I'm on minimum wage and have been at my job for 2 years, yet I have never a received a raise.
    It's shit.

But I get to do operations so I don't mind so much... hehe

you get to save lifes though! lil animal lifes

we have a vets across from our work places, pull some strings and work there =p