In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I got to check my SAT scores today.... you have no idea how relieved I am.

780 reading
    780 math
    710 writing (goddam standardized essays)

now there's no pressure when I take them again (which I will), which means I get to focus on other stuff...
    like my history homework. ahaha. right. that.
    btw, is anyone else really really pissed at how one standardized test can determine your whole future? I really don't like it...

and andy, that is a very very bad joke.... I like it. like a lot.
  • ^^^

those scores are amazing!!!

i'm not taking them until june....ahhhhh!

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 1 2007, 11:31 PM)

ahahahahahahahahh

biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 1 2007, 11:43 PM)
    I got to check my SAT scores today.... you have no idea how relieved I am.

780 reading
    780 math

Holy shit! Congratulations!!!!!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 1 2007, 04:43 PM)

780 reading
    780 math

now there's no pressure when I take them again (which I will), which means I get to focus on other stuff...
    btw, is anyone else really really pissed at how one standardized test can determine your whole future? I really don't like it...

and andy, that is a very very bad joke.... I like it. like a lot.

omg thats really good!!!
    congrats dear!
    and yes standardized tests are a bitch..
    ugh i carried four cases of water upstairs to my apt.. and then it took me forever to unpack all my shit sigh.. back to school ugh yuck.
    k i'll stop bitching now sorry guys.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 1 2007, 06:12 PM)
    Claret - ARGH you are so lucky.
    How was it? smile.gif
    It was fantastic. He has a comfortable shoulder. Lol. He yelled at me for being outside waiting for him without wearing a jacket ("We are in Canada!") and we talked about cakes and planes and lack of cakes on planes for like 10 minutes... laugh.gif

Courtney!! You're alive!

I thought I would die too if he ever hugged me, but I didn't. He was surprisingly easy to approach/talk to/be with biggrin.gif:D I love this band. I wish I could've seen Tim and Andy last night, though. I talked with Damian, and saw Dan for about 30 seconds... 2/4 is pretty good for a first try, eh?
  • aww, thanks everyone. (I hope that posting them here doesn't seem like bragging, but I really am glad that I did so well. like uber-uberly psyched.)

I've been browsing collegeboard.com trying to find good colleges... mostly based on location, majors, and admissions requirements.
    It's really very exciting.

and there's only three colleges in the whole US who offer Norwegian as a major.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 1 2007, 05:06 PM)
    I hugged Damian last night.

((((:

Awesome, isn't it?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 1 2007, 08:48 PM)
    Awesome, isn't it?
    Oh definitely.

Were you at the show last night? You're from Ontario. ohmy.gif
  • Psshh, no way I'm driving five hours to see them at the Ricoh! That's wicked that you got to meet them, though, I'm glad you had a good time. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 1 2007, 05:44 PM)
    It was fantastic. He has a comfortable shoulder. Lol. He yelled at me for being outside waiting for him without wearing a jacket ("We are in Canada!") and we talked about cakes and planes and lack of cakes on planes for like 10 minutes... laugh.gif

Courtney!! You're alive!

I thought I would die too if he ever hugged me, but I didn't. He was surprisingly easy to approach/talk to/be with biggrin.gif:D I love this band. I wish I could've seen Tim and Andy last night, though. I talked with Damian, and saw Dan for about 30 seconds... 2/4 is pretty good for a first try, eh?

ahhh!! 2/4 is GREAT! 0/4 is BAD sad.gif *must not get angry againn*
    i'm glad you got to meet them and touch them and such!

phantommilk - with scores like those, apply everywhere!!!
  • Haha. I drove two hours to see them. It was totally worth it. You should go to the show in June! We could meet up or something. biggrin.gif I hear the Molson Amphitheatre is better than the Ricoh. Even though it is kind of outdoors and such.

Aw. I was hell-bent on meeting them last night, and I did... chatted and made friends with the security guard and waited for about an hour outside the back door. laugh.gif I told the guard I'd bring him cake, so he let me wait. Glee.

I wish I could have talked to Dan though, but he seemed really busy... he tried to ninja his way through the Gary fangirls so he could go sleep or something but we caught him for a picture. I feel kinda bad even though we only stopped him for 30 seconds.

p.s. I wish my camera's flash didn't suck, maybe then I'd have a decent picture for my av. >:( Boo.
  • The Molson Ampitheatre fucking rules. Sooo much. Especially on the nights when Ontario Place lets off fireworks when the concert's over. I would probably go, but The Fray are meh and Mae are lame. Plus I'm already going to Toronto to see Rufus that month, so I'm gonna be way poor. Blah.
  • I've heard they're both pretty amazing live, especially The Fray. I wouldn't know though, I haven't seen them for myself yet... If you don't come, then maybe we'll just see eachother on the next tour (hopefully after the new record smile.gif). I love meeting up with boardies and visiting the bands. biggrin.gif
  • Haha, definitely. I actually saw The Fray at the Molson Ampitheatre..they did sound pretty good, but not worth the train ride/hotel just for a tiny bit of OK Go, y'know? I'll cross my fingers for the next tour though, and you're more than welcome to sleep on my couch if they stop in Ottawa or Kingston again!
  • Ah, yeah. Their set was painfully short but awesome nonetheless. I'd be more than glad to have you stay with me at my aunt's house if you were concerned about a place to stay in Toronto. tongue.gif And thanks! If they have a show in Ottawa or Kingston I'll definitely be hitting you up for a place to crash for the night. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 2 2007, 12:46 AM)
    aww, thanks everyone. (I hope that posting them here doesn't seem like bragging, but I really am glad that I did so well. like uber-uberly psyched.)

I've been browsing collegeboard.com trying to find good colleges... mostly based on location, majors, and admissions requirements.
    It's really very exciting.

and there's only three colleges in the whole US who offer Norwegian as a major.

norwegian???? thats kool. i'm thinking of majoring in german and biology.

i bet u could get into any college u want.

awwww, im jealous....
  • haha, not quite. places like harvard are just so over the top these days. (not that I wanta go there, but its probably the worst in terms of acceptance)

the numbers just got published in the paper for harvard's admittance.

they admitted around 1600 people- that's 8% of their applicants.
    3200 valedictorians applied.
    2000 people with perfect SAT scores applied.

it's just insane.

(although actually, my friend/crush thing got admitted. woot.)
  • I made myself a universities list last week:

McGill
    Ottawa U
    Carleton
    Concordia

..leaving high school is gross.
  • ^^yeah. I agree.

My dad's really into the whole college application thing... he went way overboard with my brother, and probably will with me too, especially with these scores.

although, said Harvard kid above applied to 20 schools- that's a bit too insane, even for my dad.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Apr 2 2007, 01:43 AM)

780 reading
    780 math

First off, congrats, because those are amazing scores. You got higher than I did in everything. (Well, not in the writing, but that's 'cause I took the old school SAT, so I don't have a score for that.)

Secondly, with scores that good, why the fuck are you taking them again?? Unless you're trying to into some seriously high end schools (ie, Harvard, which we already determined you're not applying to), you don't need to put yourself through the trouble, honestly. Like I said, I got less than you, and that was enough to get me into Smith, Mt. Holyoke, and Lafayette.

And don't be fooled into thinking the SAT determines your whole future. You've got more than 60 years to go. In the long run, your SAT score isn't really important. At all. (And actually, neither is your GPA, haha.) And anybody who makes you think it's that important is a twat, and you shouldn't be listening to them in the first place.