In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Electra @ Dec 1 2007, 09:08 AM)
    Tempe I'd LOVE to go drinking with you! If only I had longer in Arizona when I visit next year.. damn. OK, how about you, me, Clayton and Jose. THAT would be hilarious biggrin.gif

Bah, I'm sort of glad to be away from them for the weekend.

How is it that I get door to door salesman in this day in age?

Woot! I get my own little office space at the place in Flagstaff that my school has sent me to. I have two empty push-pin boards and plenty of tacks. I'm going to plaster the boards w/ Ok Go and Monkees. Dr. Tim will be hung and decorated w/ loving care to give me inspiration. laugh.gif
  • Speaking of drinking, my bro got arrested for D&D because he wanted a burger *foreheadslap* oh well it was funny, until we paid for bail mellow.gif ($2500) dry.gif sleep.gif

My dogs ate my pudding, my left eye is sore, I swallowed my lip ring ball thingy that keeps it from coming off, I always play with it, but I got over excited singing and 'gulp' I swallowed the damn little pink ball! Other than that I'm happy.
  • I love Dead Like Me.
    But since tv-links died, I haven't been able to finish watching it
    sad.gifsad.gif

Sally, your post was very long and very Massachusetts-loving wub.gif
    I love our state too, and everything you said was absolutely true and absolutely amazing.

Do you know how hard it is to write 250 to 500 words about what I expect my academic journey at Bowdoin to include?
    freaking college applications...

on the bright side, I watched the best episode of Bones EVER today... and all 8 episodes of the second season of Robin Hood... the ninth episode aired about five hours ago (I think, time zones confuse me...)
  • I'm full... of chicken soup! whom ever said it was for the soul was a fookin' liar!
  • ...... i am back from my super birthday night out with my friends... Does anyone of you know the famous Hamburg Reeperbahn? (St. Pauli, Große Freiheit,...) ...well, it's that part of the city where, hm, how to put it... oh well. there are loads of clubs and bars and whores and dealers and all those things... but it's good to go out, ...to the clubs... (right now i do realize that i actually CAN write quite good, even though having drunk vodca and stuff... maybe next time... haha) Anyway... we needed like half an hour to find the place I wanted to go to and when we arrived they played some RnB Pussycat Dolls music... gah! So we went to the club downstairs (yep, we payed only once, but could go to like three different venues...) and they played a little more rock. Last time they even obliged my wish and played The Fratellis... whoot! well, this time... they did not. I swear the best musical moment was Seven Nation Army... Then...the people, giving us beer (yay) and dancing really really weird (creepy...)...omg. Ok, so I planned to drink, but somehow the others felt like it's not the right time so i got my drink and pretended that it worked... ahem,... now it is really early and all i want to do is go to bed, but my friends want to take the next train home, which will leave in like 2 hours, so i have to wait until... And: I cannot make them become ok go fans... they kinda were, even dancing amw with us (my one friend was Andy) and then they sort of thought that this obsession with this band was simply too much adn they became sightly angry with the band and... hm, really sad.
    How many times have i written the word really tonight? seems like a lot of times... would count, but too lazy-
    hm, now lookimng back at what i wrote i don't have written "really" all that much probably deleted because i thought i use it too much.
    now, i think i really (there it is!!) want to go out someday soon, with my music being played (maccabees in the club I've been to a couple of weeks ago... aw) and good drinks (and plural of that word...) and ... things.
    ok, i think i just write absolute nonsense because i don't want to fall asleep.... and a fall it would be, onto my laptop... poor laptop.

I think I am going to get a muffin (reminds me of the bag of chips... haha --- can laugh only in my mind, no one would understand...)

Edit - wow, i really wrote alot!!:)
  • Is it ok if I find what you wrote funny.. cuz I'm kind of lmao.. and NOT to make you feel bad btw. I love people who drunk type.
  • i don't think i was drunk and i feel kinda bad that that makes me feel bad (which reminds me of the friends episode i just watched ("They don't know that we know that they know...")... anyway, have any of you ever tried to feel happy when you feel sad AND listen to first Damian Rice, then "return" and then Rufus Wainwright?? not. possible. But: I just finished painting Andy and Tim and tomorrow I will do Dan and Damian and then I will have my very own personal OK Go poster....yay. (plus the one I want to get from ebay... )
    I feel like I really post loads of randomness here,... I am waiting now for midnight (which is....... NOW!!) and then/now I can open another door of my christmas calender, yay, midnight chocolate! Oh and I think Dan has some tomato soup on his vest... (a picture i drew hangs right next to my oven... not a good idea but it's nice cooking when he's looking over my shoulder, i consider myself a master in thy kitchen, bwahaha!!!)
  • Usually, I dress like this: thermals under thick clothes and then a sweatshirt and finally, my large, poofy winter coat, plus mittens, a winter hat and a scarf. Today I wore: thin polyester active pants and a Snoopy t-shirt with a thin fall jacket.
    And today was the first substantial snow of the year. I dressed like that because I lost an assignment and had to run to one of the far-away science buildings to pick up an extra copy...It's a pretty hefty assignment that was supposed to be done over Thanksgiving but I had waited until now, so when I realized I didn't have it, I just got up, grabbed my thin jacket, and ran...It was so cold. I envied everyone their gloves and hats and scarves and heavy coats. But! I also had my ipod and while I walked thru the awfully frigid night, snow flakes burning my eye lashes, I heard the perfect words: "And this I know- his teeth as white as snow." I'm so happy I got that song today!
    and God do I wish I were someplace warm.
  • I can't believe I'm in California

*Squee* The news is talking about the weather in Burbank. This is so fucking amazing!

They're talking about the Hollywood writer's strike and it feels so close by. Wow
  • I miss my little Dutch boy cousin sad.gif
    For some reason, looking at those pics of Damian with kids at shows reminded me of the good times I had with Little Dutch Boy.
    How we called him Little Dutch Boy and he would reply "You awre lit-tle Am-er-ican gerl!" His mother taught him that response.
    And how we'd watch Kapouter Plop on youtube with him.
    And how he'd always say "akawferyaw!" or (however you spell that in Dutch) which means "I love you." And he'd kiss everyone, including complete strangers. And smile at complete strangers. And talk to them. No matter how many times we told him to stay by us b/c strangers are bad, he'd always run off...He was afraid of only 1 thing: the police. We had to tell him to stay close to us or the police would come, and then his eyes would get big and round with awe.
    And how he lost the big expensive Snoopy balloon I gave him and he was so sorry.
    And how I couldn't understand a word this Dutch kid was saying and by the time he left I had learned how to say "bathroom," "toilet paper," "I love you" and "microwave" in Dutch...
    And how he didn't seem to mind that I couldn't understand him; he'd just babble on in Dutch while I laughed.
  • i finally downloaded a flv converter, yay!!
  • OH hey snow, what's up? You want to make it impossible to get down my front steps? OK, cool, whatever. You want to make curl up on my couch, watch the end of Rushmore, and eat yogurt until I am absolutely forced to go outside and go to class? Sure! Alright!
  • I have this self-destructive vein in me... why oh why do I do stuff I know I will regret later? why did I just spend money to watch Beowulf? I knew it would suck...and it did. I felt like I was watching Age of Empires The Movie. dry.gif (and why isn't there a barfing emoticon in here? today I really need oe of those...)

Rosa
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Dec 3 2007, 09:49 AM)
    OH hey snow, what's up? You want to make it impossible to get down my front steps? OK, cool, whatever. You want to make curl up on my couch, watch the end of Rushmore, and eat yogurt until I am absolutely forced to go outside and go to class? Sure! Alright!
    How much is there in lovely Montréal? We have 10cm here :DDD
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Dec 4 2007, 12:44 AM)
    How much is there in lovely Montréal? We have 10cm here :DDD

So far, I would say about 30cm (1 ft-ish. I still have trouble converting to metric. Whoops). If we don't have 30 now, we're expected to have it by morning.

But I don't mind; it makes me feel like an adventurer!
  • so... i really really don't like vegetables. at all. but i enjoy broccoli cheddar soup... i just don't eat the chunks of broccoli. i'm weird
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 4 2007, 01:57 PM)
    so... i really really don't like vegetables. at all. but i enjoy broccoli cheddar soup... i just don't eat the chunks of broccoli. i'm weird

I hated vegetables until a few years ago. It's all in the mind you know... now I really dislike meat and, contrarywise, salads taste awesome. I think this change comes with old age laugh.gif , haven't you noticed how older people do like vegetable and kids don't? It's really weird, it's like you turn 25 and BAM! your hair begins to thin out and you like spinach. laugh.gif

Rosa
  • it's going to take a LOT for me to get used to veggies. i hate broccoli, carrots (warm, steamed ones. ew), corn, beans, peas, asparagus, tomatoes, onions...

i love potatoes and salad though. that's it.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Dec 4 2007, 02:14 PM)
    it's going to take a LOT for me to get used to veggies. i hate broccoli, carrots (warm, steamed ones. ew), corn, beans, peas, asparagus, tomatoes, onions...

i love potatoes and salad though. that's it.

LOL What you just said sounded like me speaking until three years ago. I hated EVERYTHING (except corn on the cob and potatoes)... I remember once even bitting a carrot by mistake and vomiting... and now I eat those like chips. blink.gif and I'm sure it's just not me, I have seen quite a number of people who undergo this change; only many of them aren't so aware of it (many think it's a personal decision, but I see a pattern)... it's almost always around the age of twenty-five. You just wait a few years and you'll see. wink.gif

Rosa

• My friend says she is going to do an intervention on me when we're back at school. She says my obsession with OK Go is unhealthy. It is kind of as in that I go to check the boards every night before I go to bed but I usually spend an hour or two just cruising around and reading stuff so i get less sleep. But I don't mind. Perhaps I'll convert her. She does like ok go, but that just isn't enough sometimes. I dunno. We'll see. I should be cleaning the kitchen floor right now, but its hard and you can't really tell. Ugh. I dreamt last night that I was dating an Irish vampire and I had to be turned into one to save his ex girlfriend. The weirdest part? It was a musical. Very cool, but very odd. Well I guess I'll go clean the floor now. ugh.