In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I stumbled upon this on yahoo news:
    Gnarls Barkley video too crazy for MTV

and then I went to watch the video... I didn't think it was TOO bad... until the entire last minute of the video... then seasickness set in...

Gnarls Barkley-Run
  • i pulled out my trusty sewing machine owners manual to check what size needle i needed for corduroy and was rather amused when i spotted this in the troubleshooting pages:
    condition: the machine doesn't work.
    cause: the machine is not plugged in.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 5 2008, 09:52 PM)
    I stumbled upon this on yahoo news:
    Gnarls Barkley video too crazy for MTV

and then I went to watch the video... I didn't think it was TOO bad... until the entire last minute of the video... then seasickness set in...

Gnarls Barkley-Run

That song is fantastic. I know there are rules regarding what could be seizure-inducing, but honestly this doesn't seem that bad? (Especially in a world post-sickness-inducing-Cloverfield.) Plus the music is A+. I've always enjoyed the combination of Cee-Lo Green rocking out and Danger Mouse in the back... just chillin'
  • Is it pathetic or interesting that my synogogue is having a singles night on Friday for people ages 22-33 and I'm considering going?

I do think my synogogue rocks though for trying to bring young professional singles together.
  • Go! That sounds super nice!
  • Do it! I think it's awesome that there's no chance of sketchy middle-aged men.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 5 2008, 06:43 PM)
    Do it! I think it's awesome that there's no chance of sketchy middle-aged men.

Yes! You girls have sold me, esp. with mixtape's comment. I shall go RSVP. It should make for an entertaining blog if nothing else. Thanks girls
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 5 2008, 06:04 PM)
    i pulled out my trusty sewing machine owners manual to check what size needle i needed for corduroy and was rather amused when i spotted this in the troubleshooting pages:
    condition: the machine doesn't work.
    cause: the machine is not plugged in.

I'm seriously laughing out loud to this... that's totally awesome

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 5 2008, 06:07 PM)
    That song is fantastic. I know there are rules regarding what could be seizure-inducing, but honestly this doesn't seem that bad? (Especially in a world post-sickness-inducing-Cloverfield.) Plus the music is A+. I've always enjoyed the combination of Cee-Lo Green rocking out and Danger Mouse in the back... just chillin'

I think Gnarls Barkley is probably one of the most inventive acts out there... I really didn't think it was all that bad until the end. I got a little dizzy, but then again, I'm not prone to epileptic seizures...

Tempe... I say you go, too wink.gif Even though you've already decided you're going to. smile.gif
  • Hehe go, Tempe! You don't want a goy-boy, now, do you? tongue.gif

I got the results of two math exams back today, one A (100%, woo!) and a B. the B is annoying, but I've worked it all out now, and in order to get an A overall, I only need to get 20% on my last exam! Wooo!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 6 2008, 03:50 PM)
    Hehe go, Tempe! You don't want a goy-boy, now, do you? tongue.gif

I got the results of two math exams back today, one A (100%, woo!) and a B. the B is annoying, but I've worked it all out now, and in order to get an A overall, I only need to get 20% on my last exam! Wooo!

you so smarts
  • Aww, this is so random. I just remembered yesterday is the 2 year anniversary of when I first saw Ok Go, one of the funnest days of my life. wub.gif One week later I joined the board. Jedi_grrlie made me think of it in the Don't Ask Me Thread.

Edit: I was checking Roachie's myspace. You know how there's a column of spam advertising that you can click on? Here are the links that are offered to Roachie. (I'm leaving the actual web links out):

Sponsored Links

Find Broach Sharpening
    Quality Chicago broach sharpening. Call now for unbeatable service!

Meet Roach Singles
    Meet singles in your area now. We're 100% free for everything!

A & S Pest Control
    Roach control & elimination experts Call now for immediate service!

Roachie can find a date, sharpen his broach, and get exterminated all at the same time. Talk about a hook-up! Ah, the internet.
  • Oh my! wow, roachies got it going on tongue.gif

i am totally falling in love with fame again. Did you know that there is a fame musical?!? Its currently playing all across england... I HOPE IT COMES TO TORONTOOOOO! ekk
  • Hahaha Tempe that's brilliant!

I just checked my column adds to see if I had any of those, because I've never seen them before. Mine was a Deal or No Deal thingy telling me that Damian from Leeds just won a load of money. biggrin.gif

I might be seeing Rachel today! wub.gif
  • I just walked down to check my mail (see if I have my merch yet...) and...no, BUT I got my water bill, yay ... sad.gif
    no really, that's ok, cause they told me I paid too much and I get some money bcak, so now I don't feel guilty having spent so much money on new CDs and concerts tickets first week of the month (I also paid mr uni, so I needed some cheering up)

I made pancakes and then forgot about them...on the stove... I'm alive, my kitchen's alive, just the pancake... is not.

Every time I hear Shirin (song Jens Lekman) I feel the need to cut my hair.. Is that healthy?

now I'm going to look for my column adds...
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 6 2008, 09:03 PM)
    Aww, this is so random. I just remembered yesterday is the 2 year anniversary of when I first saw Ok Go, one of the funnest days of my life. wub.gif One week later I joined the board. Jedi_grrlie made me think of it in the Don't Ask Me Thread.

My three year boardversary was a few weeks ago...back on the 20th...completely forgot...sorry, Boards. I'll take you out on a nice date to make up for it.
  • Alrighty so today was a busy day. Twas my last day interning at a clinic in Phoenix. Gonna miss those peeps. They got me Whataburger for lunch. Never had a Whataburger, but apparently, they put mustard on their burgers at this joint. Then, as I drove the staff back to the clinic, they asked if I had any Ok Go to play. So of course, I turn on my cd player and played them some choice selections!

Ah yes, so then the day came to an end and it was time to get dolled up for the famous singles event going on at my synogogue. I got dressed and put on my make up at a department store in the mall cause there was no time to go home to do it. They changed the location of the event and there was no one at the event when I got there! Well, anyway, when everyone finally got there, there were nine singles in attendance--and wait for it--it was 8 girls and one guy! Um, yeah. And the guy wasn't all that interesting. A very nice guy, not in the least bit boring, but he liked totally different things then I did. I got most of his attention as I was the most gorgeous one in the room. Ha I'm not usually this vain, I'm just in a silly mood. It was more of a sit down dinner than an event. It took place at the rabbi's house. And guess what, as much as I tried not to talk about dentistry, everyone kept asking about it! I feel like a dork or nerdy when I talk too much about dentistry, but they insisted on hearing the dental terminology and talking about taste buds and fluoride. All in all, it was nice to sit down with the rabbi and his family and a group of young Jews my age and just chat and have dinner. Lol, it was just hillarious cause I knew there would most likely be more girls than guys there, but I thought there might be at least more than one guy in attendance! laugh.gif
  • I just turned twenty. I don't feel nearly mature enough to be two decades old. It's been a while since I've been on the boards. Since I last spoke to you all, I have:

1. Fallen in love with the guy I'm going to marry.

2. Found my mother.

3. Fallen in love with my stepfather and half brother and sister. (Drew is 14 and Katie is five.)

4. Voted in a presidential election.

5. Decided what to do with my life career-wise. (I'm going into nursing.)

6. Recorded a song for the up-and-coming Belle & Sebastian musical, which you can listen to here. (I didn't end up making the cut, but it was good for me anyhow.).
    Joel did the ukelele solo.

...and all of life's dramatic little in-betweens that happen upon even the most cautious of persons. Anyway, it's been fun.

P.S. Hey Dave, Darbie. How's wedded life treating you?
  • caddie!!! i was wondering what happened to you when i noticed your birthday listed a few days ago... happy belated birthday!!! and congrats on all the things you just listed!..
  • Boo, where the hell did I catch a cold from? dry.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 10 2008, 09:14 PM)
    Boo, where the hell did I catch a cold from? dry.gif

sorry, i must have coughed on the board...