In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• http://www.indiana.edu/~mmweb98/Hoosier.html

Before its use in America, hoosier was used in England to refer to someone who lived in the hills or mountains. It may be related to the French osier, meaning someone from the countryside, an uncultivated person. This term is still commonly used in Eastern Canada.

its an american/english/canadian word! The best of three worlds...
  • ^ thank you for teaching me that i'm uncultivated...
  • it's this most unconvenient time to be off the internet... I won't have internet from tomorrow till Sunday night, as I'm visited my dad, who has a pc that is totally incapable of anything (or maybe... he has bought a new one?...nah, wishful thinking)
    I'm waiting for mails to come... very very important e-mails, .... results for my exams, maybe a little note from Milosh saying that the merch is really on its way (it should be there by now...) and..well... some other mails... ^^
    I just made a onesie for a friend, who is due in three weeks.
    My mom started to dance to "you're so damn hot" while eating tonight... WHILE EATING! I would've spilled everything, but she just made it....
    I have to get up at 5 am, which is in 4,5 hours....
    I'm wide awake
    I have completed the Damian shirt, it says DSF on the back (really small, right under the neck) and DSF is also the name of a sports channel here in Germany, people will be confused tongue.gif
    I'm seeing Jens Lekman on Sunday.
    I could keep on writing sentences that are in no way related to each other for hours.
    I'm going to Vienna this summer.
    Now I'm bored.

biggrin.gif
  • HAHAHHA Mayo you do make me giggle. And your mum sounds awesome! Dancing to You're So Damn Hot? Brilliant laugh.gif

Ahh do you have pictures of the Damian shirt for us, yet?? Eeee I'm excited to see!
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Feb 27 2008, 04:23 PM)
    its an american/english/canadian word! The best of three worlds...

ahahaha
    I stand corrected? tongue.gif
    that's awesome biggrin.gif

(although it still sounds weird when british people say it... wub.gif )

So: you know how I've stopped caring about school cause it's the second semester of senior year?
    well
    I'm in this really weird mood tonight where I really feel like being productive
    so I dunno whether to actually catch up on some schoolwork
    or do something like practice my flute (which would be much more beneficial)
    or work on something else

although, if I try to do some schoolwork, I can stay on the computer longer...
    hmmm
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 27 2008, 03:08 PM)
    I bought stuff from the OK Go store and used paypal to do it. I just checked the recent history on my paypal account and it listed the Payee as Damian Kulash. I have to admit that I did blush a little. Because I'm ridiculous.

Don't even think twice... I printed that receipt out when my merch hadn't arrived this summer in time for Angie's bday, so I circled his name and put it in her card, as a sort of IOU/IT'S COMING!! type of thing wink.gif

However... my mom ordered me the hoodie on Feb. 1 and no word yet on it... sad.gif

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 27 2008, 06:29 PM)
    I have completed the Damian shirt, it says DSF on the back (really small, right under the neck) and DSF is also the name of a sports channel here in Germany, people will be confused tongue.gif

I can not WAIT to see this!!! smile.gif I'm sure it's grand...
    And you will have mails from the US in a couple weeks wink.gif
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 27 2008, 03:29 PM)
    I'm seeing Jens Lekman on Sunday.
    I'm going to Vienna this summer.

Jealous!!
  • Premature newborn lives after falling from train
    Girl falls through toilet and onto tracks moments after mother gives birth

updated 11:03 a.m. ET, Thurs., Feb. 28, 2008

AHMADABAD, India - A newborn baby girl fell through the toilet in a moving train and onto the tracks moments after her mother prematurely gave birth, surviving nearly two hours before being found, relatives said Thursday.

The child's mother, who uses the single name Bhuri, was traveling with relatives on an overnight train when she went to the bathroom shortly before midnight Tuesday and unexpectedly gave birth to a baby girl, said Arjun Kumar, her brother-in-law.

"Later, she fell unconscious and the baby fell through the toilet," he continued. "Two stations later, we knocked at the door." Bhuri opened the door, soaked in blood.

"When we asked her about what happened, she said the baby had fallen through onto the tracks," Kumar said.

Toilets on Indian trains usually have holes that open directly onto the tracks, and there were no indications Thursday that authorities doubted Bhuri's story or planned to investigate the incident.

Kumar said that after finding Bhuri, relatives pulled the train's emergency brake and told railway officials what had happened. A search was quickly organized, and guards at one of the stations the train had passed soon found the baby.

"She was on the rail track for almost 1 1/2 to two hours," said Dr. Gautam Jain, a pediatrician at Rajasthan Hospital in Ahmadabad, in the western state of Gujarat, where the baby and mother were taken.

The child, who has not yet been named, was eight to 10 weeks premature, weighed only 3.22 pounds, Jain said. She had a low heart rate and body temperature.

I feel like I should warn pregnant women not to go to the bathroom in trains, lest they accidentally go into labor while on the seat, and this this happens...
    This baby is really a miracle. It's so scary to think about what might have happened if there had been a second train, or, if the bathroom wasn't in the last car (which I'm assuming)
  • Sally, check your email smile.gif
  • online scavenger hunts are really, REALLY complicated.

Unlimited Enthusiasm
    (if you keep clicking, eventually you get to the forum where they're deducing everything)

all I know is, it's something to do with Harry and the Potters

there's tons of clues and they're all super confusing

and there's something big at the end

biggrin.gif
  • Ever get that feeling like you're destined for something bigger than where you are right now?

I've got that feeling right now. And I like it.
  • ^^ Ooo, Becky, sounds intriguing.

I took care of the cutest little boy today and his name was Damian. He even gave me a thank you note wub.gif

Then I taught a bunch of people the Floss Dance. Tis a cross between the moonwalk and the twist. Watch out America, it's coming for you.
  • Do vampires get tooth decay? Do they catch colds? blink.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 1 2008, 06:13 PM)
    Do vampires get tooth decay?

in the episode of simpsons where marge got sugar outlawed in springfield the vampire from the cereal box had fake fangs 'cause he lost his real ones to tooth decay... does that answer your question?!?
  • I'm looking at the tv sched for a nice late movie to watch tonight. The only thing on: "Killer Klowns from Outer Space."

The summary (from imdb):
    "When a small town is invaded by aliens from outer space who are capturing and killing the townspeople, no one takes them seriously. Why? The aliens all look like circus clowns, use weapons that look clown like, and all have painted on smiles. Only a few of the young people in the town realize the danger and of course no one believes them. Armed with an ice cream truck they try and rescue their friends."

No, no, no. Absolutely not.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 1 2008, 10:59 PM)
    I'm looking at the tv sched for a nice late movie to watch tonight. The only thing on: "Killer Klowns from Outer Space."

The summary (from imdb):
    "When a small town is invaded by aliens from outer space who are capturing and killing the townspeople, no one takes them seriously. Why? The aliens all look like circus clowns, use weapons that look clown like, and all have painted on smiles. Only a few of the young people in the town realize the danger and of course no one believes them. Armed with an ice cream truck they try and rescue their friends."

cinematic genius...
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 1 2008, 10:59 PM)
    I'm looking at the tv sched for a nice late movie to watch tonight. The only thing on: "Killer Klowns from Outer Space."

The summary (from imdb):

No, no, no. Absolutely not.

That was an awesome movie!! Then again I was like 10 when I saw it. The only thing I really remember is that you had to kill them by popping their big red nose and then there was this huge ass klown that was bigger than Godzilla. And they totally saved the day with their ice cream truck.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Mar 2 2008, 06:58 AM)
    That was an awesome movie!! Then again I was like 10 when I saw it. The only thing I really remember is that you had to kill them by popping their big red nose and then there was this huge ass klown that was bigger than Godzilla. And they totally saved the day with their ice cream truck.

Lol, no no no! Even if it's tongue and cheek, there's no way you could get me to watch that film! Even sad birthday clown Damian scares me. Gah if I waited after an Ok Go show for Damian to come out and say hi and sad birthday clown would come out instead, I'd scream, cry, then possibley try to hurt the poor man! I don't really have a fear of clowns so much as an intense hatred.

• QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 28 2008, 04:00 AM)
    Don't even think twice... I printed that receipt out when my merch hadn't arrived this summer in time for Angie's bday, so I circled his name and put it in her card, as a sort of IOU/IT'S COMING!! type of thing wink.gif

However... my mom ordered me the hoodie on Feb. 1 and no word yet on it... sad.gif

I can not WAIT to see this!!! smile.gif I'm sure it's grand...
    And you will have mails from the US in a couple weeks wink.gif

I haven't heard from my merch and I ordered jan 14th.... (then again, it's Europe... but still!) sad.gif sad.gif

KATIE, I can't wait! (I am such an impatient person, you're killing me biggrin.gif )
  • i'm NERD ON PARADE!!

it will always remind me of sheri, though sad.gif