In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• btw, if anyone wants to, I'm Rosamelia Martínez... the only one who hails by that name on Facebook it seems rolleyes.gif
    Ah! Rosa, your name is so pretty!

Thanks, that might be in English, but in Spanish everybody assumes I'm somebody's grandma...it's an oldies name laugh.gif I was named after my grandma (who was named after her mom)

It reminds me of this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rifR5mi9cw...feature=related

Change "Cara Mia" to "Rosamelia":
    "Rosamelia, why, must we say goodbye?
    Each time we part, my heart wants to die."

I'm checking this one out now. smile.gif

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 22 2008, 08:39 PM)
    Change "Cara Mia" to "Rosamelia":
    "Rosamelia, why, must we say goodbye?
    Each time we part, my heart wants to die."

(My mom loves "Jay and the Americans" because their lead singer does rock and roll like an opera singer. Plus, no matter how old he gets, he always sounds the same singing it.)

okay, that youtube thing was pretty disturbing... the silver clothing, the hairy chest, the disco lights... it's like bliss gone wrong tongue.gif
  • Haha, WOW... I'm surprised you deciphered that!

I can friend you... I'm pretty sure I'm the only Katie Clifford from MSU... and I'm friends w/ some other boardies... Alice, Rachel, Andy, Tempe...

And, if you ARE indeed my friend on Fbook. You're in for a treat. There were 43 horribly unflattering pictures taken of me by MY Andy last night... yikes
  • I've just discovered the wonders of Forever 21. Now I wanna go splurge my entire life's savings there.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 23 2008, 10:54 AM)
    I can friend you... I'm pretty sure I'm the only Katie Clifford from MSU... and I'm friends w/ some other boardies... Alice, Rachel, Andy, Tempe...

nope, somehow I just can't find you unsure.gif
  • Haha, I keep forgetting that I recently updated my privacy settings... I think I'm just a big question mark to anyone who isn't my friend... smile.gif I'll find you!
  • I'll be waiting wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Feb 23 2008, 08:53 AM)
    okay, that youtube thing was pretty disturbing... the silver clothing, the hairy chest, the disco lights... it's like bliss gone wrong tongue.gif

Lol, he's actually a 60s singer and for some odd reason that clip is from the 70s when he went all Bee Gee apparently. Only the Bee Gees can pull off chest hair like that and even then it's nearly disturbing. LOL! silver bliss gone wrong
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 23 2008, 11:18 AM)
    I've just discovered the wonders of Forever 21. Now I wanna go splurge my entire life's savings there.

NOOOOO!
    Forever 21 is aaaaawful.
    They have nice stuff, I guess, but the return policy is the biggest rip-off of almost any store I've ever heard of.
    Stuff on clearance is completely non-returnable, NOT EVEN to exchange sizes.
    And regular priced stuff is nonreturnable after 21 days, not even if you have the tag still on and the receipt and everything. 21 sounds like a lot, but unless you go shopping every week (and I don't. I probly shop once a month) then it's basically nothing.
    My mother only shops at Macy's, b/c you can return any time at all in your life and they're happy to make exchanges.
    I also think JasmineSola is the most corrupt store ever, but luckily it's dying. Thanks for taking my $50 for a size medium jacket that turned out to be a size zero. If you're mediums are zeros, thank God I didn't get the small. And of course they wouldn't take it back or even exchange it, and I was returning the very next day after I bought it for my sister as a bd present. But thankfully, they're going out of business. What makes me mad is that every single girl at my university shopped there, and I just don't understand how ppl could pay these prices.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 23 2008, 04:21 PM)
    NOOOOO!
    Forever 21 is aaaaawful.
    They have nice stuff, I guess, but the return policy is the biggest rip-off of almost any store I've ever heard of.
    Stuff on clearance is completely non-returnable, NOT EVEN to exchange sizes.
    And regular priced stuff is nonreturnable after 21 days, not even if you have the tag still on and the receipt and everything. 21 sounds like a lot, but unless you go shopping every week (and I don't. I probly shop once a month) then it's basically nothing.
    My mother only shops at Macy's, b/c you can return any time at all in your life and they're happy to make exchanges.
    I also think JasmineSola is the most corrupt store ever, but luckily it's dying. Thanks for taking my $50 for a size medium jacket that turned out to be a size zero. If you're mediums are zeros, thank God I didn't get the small. And of course they wouldn't take it back or even exchange it, and I was returning the very next day after I bought it for my sister as a bd present. But thankfully, they're going out of business. What makes me mad is that every single girl at my university shopped there, and I just don't understand how ppl could pay these prices.

Ooh! Thanks for the advice!
    I guess I'll have to try stuff on and think about them more carefully.
    I tend not to do that.

I've never heard of JasmineSola...and I guess that's because they're going out of business?
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 23 2008, 05:37 PM)
    I've never heard of JasmineSola...and I guess that's because they're going out of business?

They sell the same kind of clothes and stuff as Forever 21, except double the price as Forever21. They're supposedly upscale or something. Maybe they're just east coast?
    ~googles~
    Yeah, it looks like they were just east coast.

My favorite place to shop is TJMaxx and Marshalls. They have really nice stuff, but way way cheaper.
    My mother, like I said, only shops at Macy's, but I like TJMaxx and Marshalls better than any department store.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 23 2008, 03:47 PM)
    My favorite place to shop is TJMaxx and Marshalls. They have really nice stuff, but way way cheaper.
    My mother, like I said, only shops at Macy's, but I like TJMaxx and Marshalls better than any department store.

Ah, me loves Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Ross.
    Dillards rocks! It's a department store, but I think they're only in the west and midwest.

There's an interesting store in downtown Flagstaff that sells a coffee brand called "Wake the Fuck Up!" They're reduced rack is called the "Cheap Shit" rack. They sell little nicknackes, politcal magnets, stuff to dress up a college dorm room (Nothern AZ Univ is just down the stree). They're sort of like a bohemian hippie cross between Hot Topic and Spenser's Gifts. But not as masculine as Spencer's Gifts and not as goth/teeny bopper as Hot Topic.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 23 2008, 04:47 PM)
    They sell the same kind of clothes and stuff as Forever 21, except double the price as Forever21. They're supposedly upscale or something. Maybe they're just east coast?
    ~googles~
    Yeah, it looks like they were just east coast.

Kohl(')s is pretty good too.
  • Tempe! That coffeshop sounds so cool!! I wanna visit Flagstaff now! Can you order stuff from it online?

QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 23 2008, 06:10 PM)
    Kohl(')s is pretty good too.

I've only been to one Kohls and only 1 time, and I'm sure it was just this particular store, but it was like, "No wonder this stuff is cheap- this is all really terrible quality." It was seriously shocking. So that was the last time I went to Kohls. I'm sure it was just that one store, but it's the only one near me, sadly.
    My mother's friend loves Kohls tho, and since you love it too, I'll definitely have to find another one somewhere to check out.

I also hate Kmart. B/c of a gross experience, involving Kmart bathrooms.
    And I don't like Walmart b/c of their anti-union character.

But! I love Borders and Barnes and Nobles. I think it just makes you feel cool to be there.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 23 2008, 04:17 PM)
    Tempe! That coffeshop sounds so cool!! I wanna visit Flagstaff now! Can you order stuff from it online?

I've only been to one Kohls and only 1 time, and I'm sure it was just this particular store, but it was like, "No wonder this stuff is cheap- this is all really terrible quality." It was seriously shocking. So that was the last time I went to Kohls. I'm sure it was just that one store, but it's the only one near me, sadly.
    My mother's friend loves Kohls tho, and since you love it too, I'll definitely have to find another one somewhere to check out.

But! I love Borders and Barnes and Nobles. I think it just makes you feel cool to be there.

Kohl's is like that in NJ. But here they are much better. Maybe Kohl's is nicer in the west?

Mervyn's (only available in the West) and Target (esp Super Target) are great, esp if you want less expensive merch but want a better atmosphere than Walmart. Aww, it's not actually a coffee shop. It's more of a nick nack shop. I checked if they have a website. They should totally sell stuff online. Unfortunately, their site is extremely limited and lame. Ah, I love Borders and the Noble. Several years ago, a live band played in a B&N coffee shop. My mom loved them, but didn't find out who they were. Now a few years later, she went to a local show with her friend to see a band that her friend is friends with. Turns out it's the same band and now she knows the musicians slightly.

Some perky Syllvester Stalone typed man just called my phone looking for Robert. I had to tell him three time he had the wrong number! Reminds me of the time some son gave their dad a fake number and coincidentally, it was my number. He called three times to yell at me and wanted to know where his son's friend was. I kept telling him he had the wrong number. Finally a guy friend took the phone and pretended to be the son's friend till the dad finally realized he did have the wrong number. Kind of sad to have a son like that.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 23 2008, 05:17 PM)
    Tempe! That coffeshop sounds so cool!! I wanna visit Flagstaff now! Can you order stuff from it online?

Yeah, some of the Kohlses are really bad. There's one a few miles from my house, and that's the one I go to.

Ooh...I hate public restrooms...

And I don't think there are any K-marts in a 500 mile radius...
  • Kohl's is a very bad problem for me. In that I can't go in there without buying the whole store. I wub.gif it. In fact, come to think of it, several of the times that I've seen OK Go, I've been wearing clothes from Kohl's. And I haven't had a quality problem at all. My only problems with them is the fact that their plus size departments are kept in terrible shape. They are careful to keep their misses section immaculate, but the plus size department (where I have to go for pants there) is always a torn-up mess whenever I go there.

Dillards is in Florida, too, for the record. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 23 2008, 06:01 PM)
    They're sort of like a bohemian hippie cross between Hot Topic and Spenser's Gifts. But not as masculine as Spencer's Gifts and not as goth/teeny bopper as Hot Topic.

*coughcough* Newbury Comics, what?
    I ADORE that place
    plus, it has almost every album you'd ever want.
    biggrin.gif
    It's a local chain, though, which is generally very sad.

this is an interesting conversation-

as for department-type stores- I love Target, the Kohl's near me is pretty good, Macy's and Marshalls are decent, TJMaxx and Sears are eh, Walmart is supergross, and the rest I don't really know.

Forever 21 is okay, but I hear some of their stuff falls apart like immediately. or at least the jewelry? I dunno, just what I gather from what a friend has said.

book stores (B&N, Borders, etc.) in general are amazing, though. just because. my friends and I go and sit in the coffe-shop part and just read whatever book we pick up for as long as possible. it's good stuff. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 23 2008, 08:54 PM)
    this is an interesting conversation-

as for department-type stores- I love Target, the Kohl's near me is pretty good, Macy's and Marshalls are decent, TJMaxx and Sears are eh, Walmart is supergross, and the rest I don't really know.

Forever 21 is okay, but I hear some of their stuff falls apart like immediately. or at least the jewelry? I dunno, just what I gather from what a friend has said.

An interesting conversation indeed.
    I <3 shopping.

I like to call both Walmart and Forever 21 the anti-Christ. Whenever I go in Walmart I feel like its sucks the life right out of me. It's usually super messy and I'm sorry I like to enjoy my shopping experiences, even if it's to get toothpaste and deodorant. (LOVE Target instead, which has necessities like that and loads of fun stuff too). Also, I feel there is an incredible amount of corruption of some sort in the corporation, and I don't like their tactics to keep prices low - I dunno they just seem shady to me. Forever 21 I also get a headache in because there is shit EVERYWHERE and super UNORGANIZED. I'm like OCD about having things presented in a nice fashion and they just throw millions of clothes in their store. Places like H&M at least have a general flow and/or coordination of collections for each season, but Forever 21 is freakin crazy. Also, I think they MUST use some super cheap five-year old labor or something for them to be able to produce such a large quantity of clothes reflecting fairly recent trends so quickly and I don't want to support that. In addition, as milky said, the quality is generally terrible from my experience. The store is fine for things you aren't going to wear too often but otherwise eh, I dunno I've sort of boycotted it for various reasons.
    Okay enough of my anti-Walmart and Forever 21 tirade.

As for other dept stores, Macy's isn't bad, and I freakin LOVE Nordstroms, though I only buy two or three things from there per month (because its an expensive store duh haha). I generally invest in shoes from there every couple of months and then wear them to death because I totally love them. Sometimes you can find good stuff at Nordstrom Rack since they receive stuff from nearby Nordstrom stores which they mark down. I usually find things there SOMETIMES, but I don't seem to have the patience for TJMaxx or Marshall's. My mom seems to find things randomly but I have zero patience sleep.gif. I like H&M, though the ones in Europe and maybe also the East Coast are much better than the ones they've opened in Southern California. I find myself underwhelmed when I go in there quite frequently. I wish they had Top Shop in the US because that store is amazing!

Okay I'm going to stop now.. I could go on for quite some time about shopping..