In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• so last night my dream was about alice... she was here, in michigan. and it was really nice, and we were riding the bus around and i was showing her my campus.

lol thrilling dream, right?
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 20 2008, 09:40 AM)
    so last night my dream was about alice... she was here, in michigan. and it was really nice, and we were riding the bus around and i was showing her my campus.

WHOA dream big.

Haha kidding. I love you. I miss watching Juno dry.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 20 2008, 09:40 AM)
    so last night my dream was about alice... she was here, in michigan. and it was really nice, and we were riding the bus around and i was showing her my campus.

Awwwww, I think that's cute. biggrin.gif She's having a great time though. Maybe we can call you tomorrow?
  • I'm sure she is!! See, it would be an awesome dream if it meant it was going to come true, but CATA (Capital Area Transportation Authority) is not that thrilling... showing her around campus by foot would be MUCH cooler smile.gif

and YES. I would probably cry. It doesn't even have to be a long phone call, just a hi from my favorite red heads would be the best!

Hey Ang, I forgot to tell you this, there are about 4 guys walking around on those stilts that Big Bob wore in that episode... they're putting in new ceilings at work... now only if they had fat suits on....
  • colour me jelous of all this alie dreaming and meeting..
  • there's going to be a total lunar eclipse tonight, now, do I stay up? will I set my alarm? Or maybe ignore it and watch it in 2011? oh, those choices of life... biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 20 2008, 05:54 PM)
    there's going to be a total lunar eclipse tonight, now, do I stay up? will I set my alarm? Or maybe ignore it and watch it in 2011? oh, those choices of life... biggrin.gif

oh God, thanks for reminding me! It will be in an hour here!
  • haha, yes, as I'm still awake I think I might as well wait another hour... hm, let's just go over to the window see the moon? AAAAAAAA, either stupid clouds or I am living on the wrong damn side of this building... (and btw, I just froze stepping out on my balcony...)
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 20 2008, 09:01 PM)
    haha, yes, as I'm still awake I think I might as well wait another hour... hm, let's just go over to the window see the moon? AAAAAAAA, either stupid clouds or I am living on the wrong damn side of this building... (and btw, I just froze stepping out on my balcony...)

I can't see the moon from my window sad.gif I guess I'll have to go outside (not freezing by stepping out, one of the many advantages of tropical climates smile.gif )...bye wink.gif
  • LOL the one night it's cloudy in the desert and there's a lunar eclipse laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Feb 21 2008, 03:30 AM)
    I can't see the moon from my window sad.gif I guess I'll have to go outside (not freezing by stepping out, one of the many advantages of tropical climates smile.gif )...bye wink.gif

oh have fun, watching the moon going all red and wonderful and enjoying those tropical climates... ...no, I'm jealous. haha
    tell me how it was when you're back (and I'm still here, which I doubt, as I'm really tired)

oh, and I found this:

A total lunar eclipse will be visible Wednesday night in the Milwaukee area.

MILWAUKEE - A total lunar eclipse will be visible Wednesday night in the Milwaukee area. It is the last lunar eclipse until December of 2010. NASA says the major stage of the eclipse will last about 50 minutes. Here is a schedule of when the eclipse will take place: 7:43 p.m.: Partial Eclipse Begins 9:01 p.m.: Total Eclipse Begins 9:26 p.m.: Mid-Eclipse 9:51 p.m.: Total Eclipse Ends 11:09 p.m.: Partial Eclipse Ends A total lunar eclipse occurs when the full moon passes into the Earth’s shadow and is blocked from the sun’s rays. The last total lunar eclipse took place in August 2007.
  • I've sort of been watching it, it's completely clear where I am biggrin.gif
    I dunno how far it is, though
    I came home and I can't see the moon, and I dont wanna go outside and freeze either ohmy.gif mad.gif smile.gif

I finally saw Across The Universe tonight biggrin.gif wub.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 20 2008, 07:59 PM)
    I finally saw Across The Universe tonight biggrin.gif wub.gif

Lol, wow that sounds really poetic with the eclipse going on

• if it weren't cold here it would be more fun... like i'd want to stay outside... but now i like cover up , pop out for a few minutes... then come back in to defrost

but its so cool

a red moon is just too mystical...
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 20 2008, 09:34 PM)
    oh have fun, watching the moon going all red and wonderful and enjoying those tropical climates... ...no, I'm jealous. haha
    tell me how it was when you're back (and I'm still here, which I doubt, as I'm really tired)

No luck here either, I was outside for almost an hour but it was too cloudy mad.gif ... I even went as far as going to a nearby park by myself at that god forsaken hour (which isn't the safest nor most intelligent thing I've ever done, given that I live in downtown Bogota), and nada de nada... I guess I'll have to wait 3 more years, oh well rolleyes.gif

Rosa
  • haha yeah I got lazy and stopped watching it.
    But I've seen one before- the last eclipse I sat in my friend's front yard on beach chairs and we watched it all.
    biggrin.gif

and haha Tempe, you're right.
    It didn't feel that poetic, but it was still a good movie.
    hahaha
  • My classmates have come to know me as Rose and can't picture me otherwise. But lately, I'm starting to lean back to using my full name of Roselin. I always used to go by my full name until maybe the end of college, when my best guy friend started having everyone call me Rose. Which should I have people call me: Rose or Roselin?

Ah, I feel like Prince, suddenly changing my name much to the confuzzlement of those around me.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 21 2008, 06:38 PM)
    My classmates have come to know me as Rose and can't picture me otherwise. But lately, I'm starting to lean back to using my full name of Roselin. I always used to go by my full name until maybe the end of college, when my best guy friend started having everyone call me Rose. Which should I have people call me: Rose or Roselin?

Ah, I feel like Prince, suddenly changing my name much to the confuzzlement of those around me.

I say go with whatever you like being called by. I've been called Becky since before I can remember. Then in high school I had the great idea that I should be called by my full name of Rebecca. I felt like I was in trouble, ya know, when the parents call you by your full name when you've done something bad. Thank goodness it only lasted my Freshman year.

I feel much more comfortable being called Becky. Rebecca just doesn't fit me, even though it is me.

Did I make any sense?
  • ^^^ yeah - I've gone by Meg my whole life, but my full name is Margaret.
    When I visited Smith overnight, I went by Margaret the whole weekend, and it was weird.
    Not bad, but really weird.

Sometimes I feel like a change, but I dunno, I'll prolly stick to Meg forever.

• oh, I know that, too.
    I am always called Susi as I always introduced myself this way at school and my parents kept telling me that I had a full name, that it was Susan and that I shouldn't tell complete strangers my nickname so I started telling people my full name (that was ages ago mind) and now there are people calling me Susan and some not and it's weird. ... And I don't know which I like better...

this weekend is supposed to be really really warm and right now it's raining and all grey and horrible so I'm waiting for the sun....