In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 30 2008, 11:42 PM)
    My new rabbi practically adopted me today. Every time I looked for an excuse to leave, he made me eat more. His seven kids surrounded me and bombarded me with dental questions, showing me their loose teeth, and refusing to let me leave unless I slept over (which of course I didn't). The canter (that's the guy who sings the prayers to the congregation) appeared to be smitten by me. Why do I always attract very religious Jewish boys that I don't have enough in common with? He was rather cute despite the beard. I can't resist green eyes. All in all it was an entertaining first day of the Jewish New Year.

Cantors make a lot of money, Ms. Tempe. I thought about becoming one myself. Shanah Tovah!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 1 2008, 01:09 AM)
    Wait 'til the Quad Riots come around.

Wait, has the Quad Rioted yet?? Have you had Mountain Day yet??? I MUST KNOW THESE THINGS.

I wish I could still celebrate Mountain Day. sad.gif

The Quad has rioted, Mountain Day is still MIA sad.gif

the riot was last Tuesday. I stayed away from it, but apparently it didn't really work out anyways because Carol Christ was away, so no one answered when they knocked on her door, lol.
    Also, I had to go rowing in the pond the day after. Not much fun.

But she's running out of time to call Mountain Day- Fall Break is in a week and a half.
    everyone's getting really antsy about it, haha.
    Moho's Mountain Day was last Thursday.

And aww, just call your own personal Mountain Day! Just be like "It's nice out. I refuse to do anything productive today."
  • wait... mountain day?!
    quad riots?!

now msu really really stinks.
    anything that has the word "riot" in it here means 30+ arrests and over half of them aren't msu students... oh and we light stuff on fire.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Sep 30 2008, 11:09 PM)
    Cantors make a lot of money, Ms. Tempe. I thought about becoming one myself. Shanah Tovah!

Neato and wow! Can you read Hebrew?

A cantor would be an option if I were attending a conservative temple rather than sort of orthodox. Can't help it. Going to a sort of orthodox temple reminds me of my childhood and granddad. We grew up conservative Jews even though the grandparents were more orthodox. As irresistible as a cute cantor is, I won't go frum. It's just not me. Lol, hey, I want a nice Jewish boy in music, but still I'm fussy. laugh.gif

On another note: After spending a long afternoon with 7 clingy children, I have decided to get myself sterilized!

Shanah Tovah to Rachel and Alice and *hugs* to you both. You girls always make me smile.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 1 2008, 03:27 PM)
    The Quad has rioted, Mountain Day is still MIA sad.gif

the riot was last Tuesday. I stayed away from it, but apparently it didn't really work out anyways because Carol Christ was away, so no one answered when they knocked on her door, lol.
    Also, I had to go rowing in the pond the day after. Not much fun.

But she's running out of time to call Mountain Day- Fall Break is in a week and a half.
    everyone's getting really antsy about it, haha.
    Moho's Mountain Day was last Thursday.

And aww, just call your own personal Mountain Day! Just be like "It's nice out. I refuse to do anything productive today."

Laaaaaaaaaaame. I was pretty sure you hadn't had yours yet (I knew about MoHo's), because I would have read about it on Facebook. I only went rowing on the pond twice in my four years, and both times were utter disasters. But, yeah, Christ needs to get on the ball. You'll probably have it either tomorrow or like...next Wednesday. She tends to pick Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Also, lol re: the quad rioting when she's not there. They did that my sophomore year. Because I lived in Park, we all just stood on the back porch and watched, and then hid in the bushes when they all went running past for the pond.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 1 2008, 04:15 PM)
    wait... mountain day?!
    quad riots?!
    now msu really really stinks.
    anything that has the word "riot" in it here means 30+ arrests and over half of them aren't msu students... oh and we light stuff on fire.

I beg to differ. Anything that involves lighting stuff on fire is fun. Unless it's YOUR stuff.

Anyway, Mountain Day is when the college president decides it's too nice out to have classes, so they ring the chapel bells at 7 am (very annoying when you live across from the chapel and want to sleep in), and you don't have class. It happens once a year, usually in late September or early October.

The Quad Riots are when the Quad decides that they want Mountain Day the next day, and so have a giant food fight on the Quad, then run down to the President's house, bang on her door, and demand Mountain Day. My first year, it worked; sophomore year, not to so much. They had to riot twice before we actually got it. (Can't say as to the last two years, I was off campus for both. :\ ) Oh, then they run down to the pond and jump in. This is at about 10 pm, too.

Then again, the Park House seniors traditionally jump in the fountain on the science quad post-senior banquet, and that was FREEZING, so. I guess I'm not one to talk.

Oh, and before you get TOO disappointed Katie, remember : There are no men at Smith, aside from the profs and the scared Five College guys.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 27 2008, 02:13 AM)
    Ringo Starr + Marc Bolan = Tempe's mind blown
    (Oh yeah, and Elton John's in there too.)
    I do enjoy the utter trippiness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BGgQOhPZPw

Edit: I have officially decided to go as Marc Bolan for Halloween. I have a pair of outrageous zebra pants just waiting to be worn somewhere. How my hair looks when I wake up in the morning and having an excuse not to comb it is even more enticing.

I just realized there's a giant yellow toothbrush in the background. T. Rex, I love you even more now. Who says the Brits don't take good care of their teeth?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 2 2008, 12:07 AM)
    Neato and wow! Can you read Hebrew?

A cantor would be an option if I were attending a conservative temple rather than sort of orthodox. Can't help it. Going to a sort of orthodox temple reminds me of my childhood and granddad. We grew up conservative Jews even though the grandparents were more orthodox. As irresistible as a cute cantor is, I won't go frum. It's just not me. Lol, hey, I want a nice Jewish boy in music, but still I'm fussy. laugh.gif

On another note: After spending a long afternoon with 7 clingy children, I have decided to get myself sterilized!

Shanah Tovah to Rachel and Alice and *hugs* to you both. You girls always make me smile.

Tempeleh,

Yes, I can read Hebrew, but I can't necessarily understand it. You know, like in the Jonathan Goldstein podcast with Tim and Damian? I could read the words aloud, but I don't always know what they mean. But if I decided to become a Cantor I'd spend my first year of Cantorial school in Jerusalem, where I'd pick it up pretty quick. Btw? The two reasons I decided not to become a Cantor are 1) I can't stand Temple Politics and 2) I didn't want to live in Jerusalem for a year.

I totally understand - going frum is not a good option for everyone. Do you keep Kosher?

You always make me smile too, dear. biggrin.gif :HUGS:
  • TODAY IS MOUNTAIN DAY!
    biggrin.gif

No one was expecting it to be today, because it's Friday, so it was really a surprise.

yayyyyyyyyyyy
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 3 2008, 08:18 AM)
    TODAY IS MOUNTAIN DAY!
    biggrin.gif

No one was expecting it to be today, because it's Friday, so it was really a surprise.

yayyyyyyyyyyy

I WANT MOUNTAIN DAY TOOOOO. *pout* But I have work. Stupid real world!
  • There's an old issue of Mojo Magazine from April 2005 with Marc Bolan on the cover and a big T.Rex feature. I want it! I want it! I want it! I have to convince someone to buy it for me. It's at the top of my Christmas wish list for all you who are wondering what to get me. wink.gif
  • I'm seriously thinking about paint splattering my own shirt after I realized the shirt I wanted from Forever 21 looked waaay better online.
  • WOZQ is streaming!

that means you can listen to my show!

Sundays from 12pm-1pm EST!

yayyyyyyyy

the link is in my signature.
  • im jsut trying to get it to work

so your on 6-7 my time?

i think im 5 hours ahead..
  • you are five hours ahead, but that means it'd be 5-6 your time =)
  • funky, when i can get it to work, i shall be listenin to ya
  • =D yayyyy

oh, it's not gonna be on next week though

it's fall break, haha.

• damnit =p

ws it your first show today?

howd it go?
  • twas my second show.
    It went pretty well.

Better than last week, anyways. And I'm getting more comfortable, so it'll be good =)
  • I found a fucking gecko in my kitchen! mad.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 6 2008, 03:21 AM)
    twas my second show.
    It went pretty well.

Better than last week, anyways. And I'm getting more comfortable, so it'll be good =)

aww =]

well im looking forward to two sundays!