In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• my radiator's making evil hissy noises ohmy.gif
  • you might have to bleed it out..
  • Getting the house a good thorough clean out of bugs before winter. I hate bugs!!! I was cleaning out the garage today in preparation for the exterminator. I was terrified what sort of creepy crawlies might be hiding behind the garbage cans. All I found were 4 little geckos who politely scurried out the garage door. Almost as if they were lifting little imaginary hats to me and saying "Good Day, Mum."...Yeah, I've been watching too many Geico commercials. Hey, it's better than finding 4 cavemen hiding behind the garbage cans!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 6 2008, 08:37 PM)
    Hey, it's better than finding 4 cavemen hiding behind the garbage cans!

but not as good as finding four beatles hiding behind your garbage cans?.. tongue.gif
  • tempe... i love your sig smile.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Oct 6 2008, 07:53 PM)
    but not as good as finding four beatles hiding behind your garbage cans?.. tongue.gif

LOL! Huzzah, as pandy would put it!

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 6 2008, 09:31 PM)
    tempe... i love your sig smile.gif

Thank you. tongue.gif Ah, I have been sitting here, stewing since my T.Rex obsession began, waiting for someone to share in my love! Yey, Katie!
  • BARNEY THE DINOSAUR IS ON!!!
  • there was a flavour of drink once i saw called 'purple barney'
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 6 2008, 08:33 PM)
    my radiator's making evil hissy noises ohmy.gif

Ha! Does yours actually respond when you turn it up or down, or does it just arbitrarily decide how hot your room is going to be? I didn't have a workable, responding radiator until senior year. First and soph years, me and my roomies had to leave the windows open a bit during the winter, lest we be roasted.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 7 2008, 08:02 PM)
    BARNEY THE DINOSAUR IS ON!!!

Heroes is on smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 8 2008, 02:28 AM)
    Ha! Does yours actually respond when you turn it up or down, or does it just arbitrarily decide how hot your room is going to be? I didn't have a workable, responding radiator until senior year. First and soph years, me and my roomies had to leave the windows open a bit during the winter, lest we be roasted.

Well, seeing as we haven't figured out how to control the heat... I'll go with the second one, haha. And yeah, it's a bit toasty unless we have a window open. and then it gets really cold. and then it gets toasty again if we close them.

this'll be a fun winter =D

• Yesterday after Yom Kippur, I got stuck with the rabbi's 7 ankle biters again. The services took place in a hotel. An amusing episode occurred when a hillbilly drinking in the hotel's bar gave me leerie looks, and then suddenly a swarm of 7 kids exploded on me. Ha ha, the ultimate hillbilly repellent is 7 kids who look like they could be mine even though I'm too young to have that many kids. I mean come on, he could get confused and think I'll take him on "Maury Povich."
  • Fuck! There's this major car auction that goes on in Scottsdale that I was tempetd to go to this year in the hopes that there might be some classic Hollywood cars to stare at. Then I thought "nah, they wouldn't have anytihng cool like that there." But no! I was wrong! They had one of the Beverly Hillbillies car, one of the original Batmobiles, and one of the early Monkeemobiles for auction! Ah, I should've gone. I could've gotten near a monkeemobile. Lol, who'd want a Bevery Hillbillies car? It's purposefully a clunk of junk. Woah the Monkeemobile started at $360,000. I could buy a house and live in it or a monkeemobile and stare at it or I could buy a monkeemobile and live in it! (Assuming I even had that kind of money to be purchasing extravagant items with. Hey, in my imagination I do! Doesn't anyone take imaginary money anymore?)

Barrett-Jackson Car Auction
  • I met MGMT today because they ate at my place of employment.

True story.
  • i drove over a very scary river surrounded by pointy rocks and big cliffs
  • You have no idea how weird I feel signing things so formally and authoratively as "Dr. ____." I'm used to just be plain old Roselin ______.

QUOTE (sweetness @ Oct 11 2008, 11:04 PM)
    i drove over a very scary river surrounded by pointy rocks and big cliffs

Poor joe! Where were you? Sound like a Hitcock film.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 11 2008, 11:28 PM)
    I met MGMT today because they ate at my place of employment.

True story.

Hmmm, I just don't picture your place of employment as the place where rockstars hang out and eat. Still, had to be pretty awesome.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 14 2008, 09:07 PM)
    Hmmm, I just don't picture your place of employment as the place where rockstars hang out and eat. Still, had to be pretty awesome.

It was! They're on tour and were heading to Georgia, apparently, so they stopped at Ye Olde Cracker Barrel for eats. I was like, the only person in the whole place who knew who they were, lol.
  • i wish i had a pen pal
  • I would totally be your pen pal! My campus PO box is rather lonely. All it sees are J. Crew catalogs and I'm pre-approved for another credit card letters that I don't plan to open.