In this Discussion

all known OKGo songs

167891012»

Comments

• oh dearzie, no one has the correct lyrics for TGSIEH yet?
  • It's hard to figure out the lyrics since he mumbles most of the words. Which is odd for Damian as he tends to enunciate for recordings.
  • which is odd since he tends to enunciate to EVERYTHING HAHAHAHA

I almost always get whatever he's saying, even if it's a word I never heard, if I try to write like I thought it sounded I nearly always get it right. just because he speaks so clear

but this one is harsssh. Christel wrote a little bit of it, maybe we could try to work on the lyrics together? sometimes one hears what one misses – but what would be the right thread for that?
  • Maybe this thread: Lyrics for The Influence of the Blue Ray of the Sunlight and of the Blue Color of the Sky? It's not on OTBCOTS, but it's one after the album and will most likely not be on any of their albums.
  • I put my NEW version of the lyrics in that thread HERE.

You can laugh all you want when we discover how wrong I have it, but be kind about it, ok? Embarassed
  • Muppet Show Theme Song (from The Muppets: The Green Album, to be released August 23)

And since I can't find the thread where The Muppets Cover album was discussed, I'll just put some article links here and here.
  • They must all be so happy, but espically Damian.  He loves that song and wanted to do an album of all Muppets covers years ago.
  • So the album comes out in Starbucks on 8/23.  Is it wrong that I'm seriously hoping there's a release party in NYC to attend for this?
  • DJRose said:

So the album comes out in Starbucks on 8/23.  Is it wrong that I'm seriously hoping there's a release party in NYC to attend for this?

IT'S THE MUPPETS COVER!!!

http://disneymusicgroup.net/wdr/muppets/soundtrack/
  • Thanks for posting.

Wow, that is not what I expected.  I think it is going to take a bit of getting used to. I noticed that Damian got to use his bleep machine.  I think I am going to go and listen to is some more.  A friend of mine once said to me that good covers are usually of two types; that kind that is almost the same song as the original and the kind where the band makes the song all their own.  This is most certainly the latter type.  As I said that is going to merit a few more listens on my part before I really know how I feel about it.  Here I am just going on and on, as if you are all waiting with baited breath for my view on the matter.

I do want to know what everyone else thinks.
  • Hee hee, of course we want to know what you think, Becki!

I enjoyed it.  It's pretty much what OK Go does when they do covers, so this wasn't too unexpected.  My husband, on the other hand, is a Muppet Purist, and HATES IT.  "I'm going to throw that Beep Machine in the garbage."
  • I definitely like the feel to it. I wasn't born during prime muppet era, so I only remembered a bit, and therefore not purist-like. I like the twist. I'll be getting when the album's on sale.

I wonder if they'll be in the movie... I think we need a thread for this!
  • Does anyone else think it's kind of hilarious that OK Go has their own page on the Muppets Wiki? 

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/OK_Go

I mean, it's highly appropriate, but still...
  • I think that is brilliant!  Thank you for pointing that out!