In this Discussion

I'm following the shirt trend.

Comments

• you really think ill screw it all up if im not sure that im sure that i think i want to?
  • ok then. im sure.
  • yay!

dont screw it up. lol
  • ill try my best not to. i can make no promises.
  • ga'bless you.
    huzzah!
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Oct 10 2005, 05:24 PM)
    im stupid. i forgot what contact paper is..

It's that plastic paper stuff that people line kitchen/bathroom drawrs and cabinet bottoms with.
  • i didnt know people did that. so umm like what is it? like plastic wrap?
  • i want to make a shirt too. but i have no idea what i want on it. haha

and i don't know how to use contact paper or any of that stuff. i'm sorta stupid like that. all i know how to do is this iron on stuff where you put it in your printer and it prints out a picture then you can put iron it onto a shirt. it's pretty crappy stuff actually, but it gets the job done.

or just free handing it with some squeezy paints. haha. but that usually results in a poor job also.
  • I've recently been wanting to make shirt using the iron-on letters that you can buy at the fabric store. Sweetpea's been telling me about them, and they sound pretty good. I'm not sure yet what I want said shirt to say, but I have a few ideas rolling around in my brain.

I need to figure out a good way to make hearts.

Also, I've never heard of this "make a stencil with freezer paper" idea, but I like it.
  • I really hate the iron on transfer stuff because it crackles after about a wash and comes off the shirt, I also made day of the week shirts with iron on letters but they started peeling. I'm pretty sure I didn't iron them long enough, though, and should've washed them on the gentle cycle.

Contact paper isn't really like plastic wrap, it's more like a thin cushiony plastic thing. I'm not quite sure why people use it, though.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Oct 9 2005, 10:02 PM)
    Ahahahaha!!! I love that! In fact, I will print that out and put it on my wall, just because it's so flippin' cute. Yay for blue stars with green polka dots!

Aww I'm glad you like it biggrin.gif

And go for it.. make your own shirts! It's awsome work.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Oct 10 2005, 07:38 PM)
    ill try my best not to. i can make no promises.

Just as long as you try biggrin.gif
  • this forum hurts my head.
  • lots of things hurt my head.
  • some chick smacked me upside my head because i told her it wakes ppl up. well it woke me up. i have a headache.
  • I hate headaches.... I hope I don't get one.. I've been getting alot lately.
  • Whenever I ride in the car with my roommates dad I get a headache...he's a crazy driver.
  • i dont get many headaches.
    but then again i do
    only when its really hot outside
    and i live in tucson. so it happens a lot. sorta.