In this Discussion

What are you listening to right now this second?

Comments

• I'm busting out Toronto's Light Favourites here at reception...please shoot me in the face...i can't listen to another Celine Dion Song
  • lips like morphine - kill hannah (yes, it's on the radio again, 6th most requested song of the day wub.gif)
  • my brain is hanging upside down- ramones
  • "Carlotta Valdez" by Harvey Danger

I'm not sure if I like them or not yet. Whatever.
  • "O Valencia" the Decemberists.

Album leaks are awesome

though it does make me feel a bit guilty.

I'll just buy a ton of Decemberists merch.
  • Zapatillas -El Canto Del Loco
  • The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning- the Decemberists.
    12+ minutes of Decemberists' love. I can't decide what I think of this album. It's wonderful, but Picaresque, it's not. They were obviously going in a different directions, with some of the songs definitely deviating from the "hey, we like odd instruments" sounds that was heard in, for example, "the mariner's revenge song." Meh, it needs more listening to and I'm just babbling.

Note: does anyone listen to Philip Glass? If so, does the first song on the new Muse CD (the 30 sec or so one) remind you of his work? It's beep-tastic.
  • "Television, Television" from my brand spanking new Oh No CD. W000000000000t.
  • Iron and Wine's cover of New Slang

Beautiful.
  • kissing the lipless- the shins
  • Silver Cloud--The Cells

[Later ...] The Summer Jam--DraculaZombieUSA
  • "Janie's Got A Gun" Aerosmith
  • hawksley workman- jealous of your cigarette. i've been humming this song all day.
  • oddly enough Oh Yeah by End of Fashion, i find it so strange to see them on American television, that's never happened before, i'm all disoriented. I wodner fi they're finally breaking America?
  • East Infection- Gogol Bordello
  • all over this town - upper room
  • Collection of Stamps by I'm From Barcelona
  • "None of the Above" Duran Duran
  • Rebellion (Lies) - the Arcade Fire

'Cummon hide your lovers underneath the covers.

This song gives me shivers.
  • Cover of "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" by The Flaming Lips.

'Tis glorious.