In this Discussion

What are you listening to right now this second?

Comments

• lips like morphine - by kill hannah
  • Love Me or Hate Me - Lady Sovereign
  • "Les Responsables" by Jacques Dutronc
  • "The End." My Chemical Romance
  • "Disconnect the Dots" by Of Montreal
  • Regina Spektor -- That Time
  • "Let's Make Love and Listen To Death From Above" by CSS
  • "Letter from Belgium"- The Mountain Goats

(as a gift, since it makes me laugh every time they get to "our love is like the border bewteen Greece and Albania" line:
    http://www.yousendit.com/download/nHfKwhIOz4M%3D)

Does anyone here listen to Beirut? I like him a lot, but I can only listen to a couple of songs before I'm like, "OK, Beirut, that's enough." Opinions?
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Oct 28 2006, 06:53 PM)
    "Disconnect the Dots" by Of Montreal

Of Montreal is terrific, but "Disconnect the Dots" kind of gets on my nerves. I prefer "Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games." I dunno, I have to be in a very specific mood to listen to Of Montreal. Does that happen to you too?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 29 2006, 02:48 PM)
    Of Montreal is terrific, but "Disconnect the Dots" kind of gets on my nerves. I prefer "Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games." I dunno, I have to be in a very specific mood to listen to Of Montreal. Does that happen to you too?

I love the beginning to Disconnect the Dots, with the claps and such. I get grooving and snapping like a fool. Wraith is awesome, but ever since they did the Outback commercial, I would rather them say, "Let's pretend we don't exist, life will still be there tomorrow," like combine the commercial and the song. Antartica always trips me up. Nah, I always seem to like them because they have upbeat and mellow songs, so there's something for every mood.

"President" by IAMX
  • Mercedes Benz- Janis Joplin

One of the best songs to scream along with

Not Enough- the 88

QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Oct 29 2006, 08:48 PM)
    Nah, I always seem to like them because they have upbeat and mellow songs, so there's something for every mood.

I'm actually a bigger fan of Beulah than Of Montreal, but my music tastes change daily, so you never know.

WHY IS IT SO DARK OUT?
  • "Crash The Party" by OK Go
  • albion-pete doherty
  • It's a Pose- Nellie McKay

What d'ya know... Nellie is growing on me (except for the rapping parts. Honestly Nellie, you can do better.)

except for this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJZY-Czcp2E

Holy crap, she's fucking talented.

Edit:
    Surf Wax America: Weezer
    <3 <3
  • Clark Gable

the postal service
  • Nada

AZ Peacemakers
  • woman - wolfmother
  • "give it away" red hot chili peppers
  • Lipstick and callous, and fishnets and malice....

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 29 2006, 10:27 PM)
    Nada

AZ Peacemakers

AWESOME SONG!!

But that's actually by the Refreshments... The lead singer and the drummer formed a new band: Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. But they still play all... ok most of the refreshments stuff.
  • Game Shows Touch Our Lives- the Mountain Goats