In this Discussion

What are you listening to right now this second?

Comments

• Rock & Roll Queen- The subways
  • "oh my gosh" basement jaxx

Oh my gosh! hes making eyes at me and I don't mind at all...
    Oh my gosh! He's making my imagination run w-wild ...
  • "The Sharpest Lives" MCR
  • QueenofthePoser, how fucking fantastic is the new MCR album? i love it.
  • The Beatles -- Dear Prudence

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
  • Ah, Jaded, you are my kindred spirt (whatever that means, lol--it means you're very very smart!! biggrin.gif )

I'm listening to "I Dig a Pony" - Los Beatles!!
  • Yay!!!! there are two versions of us on each coast. well, the midwest and the southwest.

Elliott Smith -- Pitseleh
  • "That August Feeling" - Absent

I shouldn't listen to this song as much as I do, but every time I put it on, I wind up putting it on repeat. It just fucking breaks my heart, and I fucking love it.
  • "Be Born" - Tally Hall wub.gif
    i am smitten with this band.
  • Secret Dakota Ring -- Open Your Mouth smile.gif
  • Clint Eastwood- Gorillaz
  • Ben Kweller -- Ann Disaster

I looooooooooooooooooooove this song.
  • what katie did- the libertines
  • Waster and Ready . . . still Mr. Kweller.

sex reminds her of eating spaghetti . . . best line in the whole song. laugh.gif
  • "Different Names for the Same Thing" by DCFC
  • Architecture in Helsinki -- Tiny Paintings

They hail from Australia. Very, very different music, but well put together. They use a glockenspiel. smile.gif
  • "If You Leave Me Now" by Chicago.

Yes, I rock.
  • "Here It Goes Again" - OK Go

(Summer playlist much?)
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 13 2006, 05:29 AM)
    Architecture in Helsinki -- Tiny Paintings

They hail from Australia. Very, very different music, but well put together. They use a glockenspiel. smile.gif

I've been meaning to listen to them for a very, very long time, but have always been distracted by something or another (usually Philip Glass or similar). Do you recommend anything to start with?

Anyway:
    Sufjan Stevens: Amazing Grace.

It's beautiful.
    http://download.yousendit.com/116620B9120D7A1C
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 13 2006, 01:15 PM)
    I've been meaning to listen to them for a very, very long time, but have always been distracted by something or another (usually Philip Glass or similar). Do you recommend anything to start with?

My favorite album of their's is In Case We Die, which has Tiny Paintings on it. My friend introduced me to them starting with that song, and I liked them instantly.

If you go to myspace and do a music search on them, there are a lot of myspaces for them for some reason, but some of them have downloads of their songs. You'll have to do some searching around, but it'll be worth it.

Locksley -- Don't Make Me Wait