In this Discussion

Name That Tune

Comments

• QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Nov 1 2005, 11:19 AM)
    Haha! Yes! I am so glad you got this...my day is made now. tongue.gif

Yay!! The girls I went with and I all loved the movie so much. and Pete's my desktop background now...I want to see it again right NOW lol.
  • Haha! Pete's my desktop background right now too! My roommate actually made me a cool background...

here, I'll show you...

Mmmm...isn't it yummy? Haha.

My roommate and I are petitioning to get it back in Boston...it was there for 3 weeks and then they took it out...I only saw it twice...I'm in withdrawal! lol.
  • gah.... blink.gif can I steal that from you and use it also?

Yeah we saw it at the Virginia Film Festival at it's first screening in the state, so I don't know if it will be playing here or not. Hopefully it does cause I really want to see it again--and I got the impression that they're not going to release it on video for a while cause they're pushing to have it shown in so many places.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Nov 1 2005, 06:57 PM)
    Haha! Pete's my desktop background right now too! My roommate actually made me a cool background...

here, I'll show you...

Mmmm...isn't it yummy? Haha.

My roommate and I are petitioning to get it back in Boston...it was there for 3 weeks and then they took it out...I only saw it twice...I'm in withdrawal! lol.

ooooh loverly... hey while you're petitioning to get it back in boston do you think you can petition to get it in canada too... i'm dying to see it but i don't think it's airing anywhere here sad.gif
  • Yeah Sarah, go right ahead and use it. I was having a bad day and I get back to the room and that was the lovely surprise she had made for me. Is it sad that it made me happy? lol. Also you need to listen to the Cockney Rejects "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"...it's fabulous.

I heard the dvd is coming out in either January or March...I can not wait until March. That is far too long.
  • QUOTE (lizziev @ Nov 1 2005, 12:13 PM)
    9.  called to see if your back is still aligned and your sheets were growing grass all on the corners of your bed.

9. The Shins - Kissing the Lipless

1. I sit, in my desolate room, no lights, no music, Just anger, I've killed everyone,I'm away forever, but I'm feeling better.
    2. Faith, you're driving me away. You do it everyday. You don't mean it but it hurts like hell
    3. So we'll count every drop that falls while you throw us an old line, this will pass, this will pass
    4. i want to laugh and joke and have a smoke and have a good time, and join an institution that will fuel my mind
    5. I have never cried in anybody's arms the way that i have often cried in yours.
    6. But the thoughts of you in my mind knows I'm never gonna go wrong 'cos you and me both were singing the same song
    7. Bottled up and coming down. Binge and purge and yet you never miss a meal
    8. spin me around again, and rub my eyes, this can't be happening
    9. i want to take you far from the critics in this town, and kiss you on the mouth
    10. music is worthless unless it can make a complete stranger break down and cry.
  • QUOTE (anangryfish @ Nov 1 2005, 11:20 PM)
    9. i want to take you far from the cynics in this town, and kiss you on the mouth
    the postal service - "brand new colony"
    yay, fishie, i loe you for that!

1. I sit, in my desolate room, no lights, no music, Just anger, I've killed everyone,I'm away forever, but I'm feeling better.
    2. Faith, you're driving me away. You do it everyday. You don't mean it but it hurts like hell
    3. So we'll count every drop that falls while you throw us an old line, this will pass, this will pass
    4. i want to laugh and joke and have a smoke and have a good time, and join an institution that will fuel my mind
    5. I have never cried in anybody's arms the way that i have often cried in yours.
    6. But the thoughts of you in my mind knows I'm never gonna go wrong 'cos you and me both were singing the same song
    9. blue eyes...blue hair...not gonna leave here without you!
    10. music is worthless unless it can make a complete stranger break down and cry.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Nov 1 2005, 06:09 PM)
    Also you need to listen to the Cockney Rejects "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"...it's fabulous.

I heard the dvd is coming out in either January or March...I can not wait until March. That is far too long.

Do you have an mp3 of that? Could you send it to me? sn: queenoftheposers

Next year?! I can't possibly wait that long to see it again. ahhh
  • I was sad this had died, but then I looked at it again and realized I knew one.

QUOTE (shades of blue @ Nov 2 2005, 01:09 AM)

That's Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap.

8. Isn't it a shame how we break each other's hearts and cause each other pain?

I'm giving you a lyric by my all-time favorite musician in hopes of reviving the game. That one day it was moving along quickly, it was fun to check in periodically while I was at work. (Don't tell my boss.) smile.gif
  • QUOTE (lizziev @ Nov 4 2005, 11:44 PM)
    8. Isn't it a shame how we break each other's hearts and cause each other pain?

George Harrison - Isn't it a pity
    also my favorite beatle..i try to play "something" every radio show...or "lady madonna."

8. look at me I can write a melody but I can't expect a soul to care
  • QUOTE (76 @ Nov 7 2005, 06:08 PM)

stellastarr* - somewhere across forever

9. knock me down i'll get right back up again, come back stronger than a poweredup pacman
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 7 2005, 08:25 PM)
    9.knock me down i'll get right back up again, come back stronger than a poweredup pacman

kaiser chiefs "oh my god"

9. you'll have to excuse me i'm not at my best, i've been gone for a month, i've been drunk since i left
  • 9- home for a rest - spirt of the west! *great drinking song*

9. don't sew beelines to anybody's hide, save your poision for a lover who is on your side
  • 2- iron lung - radiohead

2.down to the glen where the roses twine
    9. don't sew beelines to anybody's hide, save your poision for a lover who is on your side

[/quote]
  • bump!!

this game is awesome. i don't know any of them, so i can't keep it going, but people shouldn't give up! maybe we could start over...
  • QUOTE (anangryfish @ Nov 15 2005, 10:15 PM)
    bump!!

this game is awesome. i don't know any of them, so i can't keep it going, but people shouldn't give up! maybe we could start over...

we just need to be either less obscure or more cultured. either way we need more boardies to play.
  • QUOTE (76 @ Nov 15 2005, 10:27 PM)
    we just need to be either less obscure or more cultured. either way we need more boardies to play.
    i thought mine was easy enough since i declare my love for stellastarr* at almost every chance i get: see my avatar, sig, location (also used to be my opening theme song), etc. i knew at least darbie would get it. cool.gif

here's an idea: 76, if any of those are your lyrics, why don't you play the song on your show...if you're not already doing that?
  • rose knocked me out with that radiohead one....so i'm all tapped out.

p.s. your PM box is full
  • i know #6 but only because it's mine. but i know that andy's got to know it because he's the one that sent me the song. andy i think it's about time you guessed it already tongue.gif
  • yea i dont know any of them either

I BE RUBBISH

haha