In this Discussion

seated ok go??

Comments

• QUOTE (shades of blue @ Nov 2 2005, 01:21 AM)
    glad you're excited!  have fun, fishie...i just called you fishie. happy.gif

that is completely acceptable
  • ok, fishie, fishee, fishey, fischie, fischee, fischey, but not fishy... sleep.gif
  • I'm getting tickets to the green day concert, and ill be seated, they're touring with MCR and Jimmy Eat World
  • I'm seeing Steel Train on Nov 19. and I won't be sitting. biggrin.gif

on Dec. 20 I'm seeing Rooney, but I don't know if it's sitting.
  • i envy you seeing rooney
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Nov 4 2005, 08:49 AM)
    i envy you seeing rooney

I envied everyone else who is seeing Rooney up until earlier this week. All-American Rejects added more tour dates, and they added a Michigan date to end the tour. I was so happy, I didn't think they were coming to Michigan.

I envy all of those who are going to see the Redwalls/Hot Hot Heat and OK Go withing the next month. sad.gif
  • i was seated for weird al also!
    it was my first concert, in 5th grade [1999]. hahha
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 4 2005, 06:51 AM)
    I envied everyone else who is seeing Rooney up until earlier this week.  All-American Rejects added more tour dates, and they added a Michigan date to end the tour.  I was so happy, I didn't think they were coming to Michigan.

I envy all of those who are going to see the Redwalls/Hot Hot Heat and OK Go withing the next month.  sad.gif

yeah
    theyre coming to phoenix not tucson. 2 hours is too far.
  • bruce springsteen was my first concert.
    every single concert ive been to has been seated (except for warped tour), cause they are bigger venues cause bigger concerts/musicians have all-ages shows.
    and i damn the people who made the okgo show at the axis A) on a school night and cool.gif 18+
    eh. ill get over it.

and to answer the question, seated concerts aren't bad. especially if you get a headache or something it helps to be able to sit down right where you are. i dunno about balconies.
  • I lost my concert virginity to The Click Five. Next, I'm gonna see Rooney/AAR/ The Acdemy is.. in Austin. I hope its not seated. It's gonna be awesome! Is anyone else gonna see Rooney?
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Nov 5 2005, 04:31 PM)
    I lost my concert virginity to The Click Five. Next, I'm gonna see Rooney/AAR/ The Academy is.. in Austin. I hope its not seated. It's gonna be awesome! Is anyone else gonna see Rooney?
  • so, i went to the concert. and it was weird that it was seated. it was at this old opera house, and all the people in the balcony were old people who barely knew who rufus wainwright was, let alone ok go. i was the only one in the balcony clapping for them for a lot of the show!!
    damian's sick-ish, i think, so they played more low-key songs (let it rain, which was awesome). the set was really short though, only like 5 songs or so. they did do the million ways dance, which the crowd enjoyed.
    rufus wainwright and his band did their own version of the million ways dance at the end of his set, which was awesome. then he crucified himself.

it was kind of sad because it was hard to see and no one was dancing. but, still, nice to see the guys again. i've got a picture of me and damian, but it is maybe the worst picture of me i have ever seen. which is awesome.
    we'll try again next time...
  • thats funny
    old people seeing ok go.
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Nov 5 2005, 05:31 PM)
    I lost my concert virginity to The Click Five. Next, I'm gonna see Rooney/AAR/ The Acdemy is.. in Austin. I hope its not seated. It's gonna be awesome! Is anyone else gonna see Rooney?

The Click Five . . . . blah. dry.gif

I'm seeing Rooney in Detroit, where are you seeing them?
  • Ooh! I'm going to the Rooney/All American Rejects/The Academy Is concert...this Friday, actually. I can't wait! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Nov 6 2005, 12:36 PM)
    I'm seeing Rooney in Detroit, where are you seeing them?

AHHH!! Lucky! Where does it say that they are going to Detroit? It is not on their website? I wish they were coming to Chicago. That would be nice...
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Nov 6 2005, 12:22 PM)
    thats funny
    old people seeing ok go.
    The Click Five I'd admit were a little too pop, but the show was pretty good. I'm gonna go see Rooney in Austin on the 25th.
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Nov 6 2005, 02:27 PM)
    AHHH!! Lucky! Where does it say that they are going to Detroit? It is not on their website? I wish they were coming to Chicago. That would be nice...

It's on AAR's website. I don't think they're playing in Chicago though. They're closing the tour in Detroit.
  • Despite desperately wanting to go to a Spice Girls concert when I was seven, I've only been to an ok go concert.
  • QUOTE (unicornsplzzz @ Nov 6 2005, 10:39 PM)
    Despite desperately wanting to go to a Spice Girls concert when I was seven, I've only been to an ok go concert.

I've been to none. sad.gif