In this Discussion

seated ok go??

13»

Comments

• QUOTE (anangryfish @ Nov 6 2005, 12:31 PM)
    so, i went to the concert. and it was weird that it was seated. it was at this old opera house, and all the people in the balcony were old people who barely knew who rufus wainwright was, let alone ok go. i was the only one in the balcony clapping for them for a lot of the show!!
    damian's sick-ish, i think, so they played more low-key songs (let it rain, which was awesome). the set was really short though, only like 5 songs or so. they did do the million ways dance, which the crowd enjoyed.
    rufus wainwright and his band did their own version of the million ways dance at the end of his set, which was awesome. then he crucified himself.

it was kind of sad because it was hard to see and no one was dancing. but, still, nice to see the guys again. i've got a picture of me and damian, but it is maybe the worst picture of me i have ever seen. which is awesome.
    we'll try again next time...
    well, i'm glad you still got to go to the show. and that's cool that you got to get a pic with damian. did you meet anyone else? it sounds like it was a fun and interesting time. thanks for sharing with us. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (anangryfish @ Nov 6 2005, 01:31 PM)
    so, i went to the concert. and it was weird that it was seated. it was at this old opera house, and all the people in the balcony were old people who barely knew who rufus wainwright was, let alone ok go. i was the only one in the balcony clapping for them for a lot of the show!!
    damian's sick-ish, i think, so they played more low-key songs (let it rain, which was awesome). the set was really short though, only like 5 songs or so. they did do the million ways dance, which the crowd enjoyed.
    rufus wainwright and his band did their own version of the million ways dance at the end of his set, which was awesome. then he crucified himself.

it was kind of sad because it was hard to see and no one was dancing. but, still, nice to see the guys again. i've got a picture of me and damian, but it is maybe the worst picture of me i have ever seen. which is awesome.
    we'll try again next time...

Wait a tick- you said you saw the show in Poughkeespsie, right? 'Cause that totally sounds just like the Northampton show!!! Like, we've gone through parallel experiences or something! In Northampton, they were in the Calvin, which is a really nice venue- but it's like an old theatre, and it's seated, and nowhere near as fun as Pearl Street Nightclub (which is where I saw OK Go when they came here last time).

And it was cool to see them again, but after seeing them a week before at the Middle East, where it was packed and everyone was dancing, it felt kind of meh. And they did a really short set in NoHo, too. (Also, the sound system drowned out their singing and Damian's voice was totally not up to par, because he was sick. Which was weird, 'cause at the Middle East show, he looked sick as shit, but did this f-ing amazing performance. unsure.gif But the dance was THE BEST I've seen it, live or otherwise.)

And Rufus Wainwright did that dance/cruxifiction thing in NoHo, too, haha. But he was cute. And he talked about OK Go's butts. Haha. Rufus's set worked with a sit-down audience, but OK Go, I just prefer to see standing.

And the pic I got of me and Damian is like, the worst pic of the two of us that I have ever seen, too!!!!! So weird!!!! I'm telling you, parallel experiences!!! (Also, I got TOTALLY pelvised by Damian in the course of taking the pic...it was an experience...)

btw, Hanson took my concert viriginity in 7th grade, haha. But the next concert I saw after that was Le Tigre, and that wasn't until last year. I somehow missed the whole going-to-concerts thing in HS...
  • hah! that's weird. we're probably psychicly connected or something.
    yeah, damian's voice wasn't as great as before and he didn't seem as lively (especially after the show - i felt bad, i think he just wanted to lie down or something instead of talking to fans). silly sickness!!
    it was fun to see the (brief) interaction between rufus and ok go. rufus talked about how sexy damian was, and they both complimented each other well-dressedness. i heart how gay rufus is. it's wonderful.
  • QUOTE (anangryfish @ Nov 12 2005, 05:39 PM)
    hah! that's weird. we're probably psychicly connected or something.
    yeah, damian's voice wasn't as great as before and he didn't seem as lively (especially after the show - i felt bad, i think he just wanted to lie down or something instead of talking to fans). silly sickness!!
    it was fun to see the (brief) interaction between rufus and ok go. rufus talked about how sexy damian was, and they both complimented each other well-dressedness. i heart how gay rufus is. it's wonderful.

Woooo, psychic connections!!! biggrin.gif

Damian came out after the Northampton show, but when I saw them the week before in Cambridge/Boston, they'd just come from NYC a few days before, and Damian was really sick, so he didn't come out afterwards. Which was kind of disappointing, but at the same time, I couldn't stay after that long anyway. And seriously, he looked like he needed a bed and a bottle of NyQuil. (Although, knowing Damian, giving him an entire bottle of NyQuil is probably a bad idea.)

And I heart Rufus's gayness. He's sooooooooooooo cute. My roomie said that she heard some other musician (don't know who) say about Rufus something along the lines of, "When Rufus hits on you, even if you don't like men, you're still very charmed." biggrin.gif
  • I was seated when I saw the Pixies reunion tour, but I still stood up the whole time and everyone else did as well.

But have fun! biggrin.gif