In this Discussion

Interview Questions For sweetpea0431

edited November -1 in OK Go
Does the NBA really need a minor league system?

Comments

• Well, I just got a lovely voicemail from Poison telling me that the forums are dedicated to me. Anyone else find this insanely humorous? Carin? Matt? Heh.

Anyways, although Rule #2 states: “The member of the moment doesn't have to answer your questions, or even acknowledge their new status,” this is just way too funny to ignore. So I’ll drop in time to time.

As for your question, Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore,

Does the NBA really need a minor league system?

Well, I don’t think it would be a bad idea to further develop the NBDL. As for a minor league, I’m not quite sure what kind of ramifications we would see on college basketball. We have a minor league in baseball that hones and develops its players for the majors, but college baseball frankly, in my opinion, isn’t as big as college basketball. I don’t think it’s fair to argue that they would work in exactly the same way. Although I'm leaning more towards no, I’ll withhold making an opinion until Stern or someone else lays out a more specific plan.
  • congrats girl on your thread *claps*

what is your favorite piece of clothing you own?

What is the latest cd you bought?
  • YAYNESS! How happy are you?

P.S My Father status
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Nov 7 2005, 10:43 PM)
    Well, I just got a lovely voicemail from Poison telling me that the forums are dedicated to me. Anyone else find this insanely humorous? Carin? Matt? Heh.

Lovely voicemail? You are too kind! I think psychotic is more accurate, but I was pretty excited that the forum is yours for now, and I wanted to make sure you knew it asap.
    And yes, I think it is insanely humorous as well.

Ok, I know you're a huge Bowie fan. What's your favorite song of his?

What's your current favorite song?

What's the last concert you went to?
  • why do you know so much about the NBA?
  • What is your favorite piece of clothing you own?

Well, I don’t think I really prefer any one piece of clothing over another, but I do have a special fondness for my tennis sweatpants from back in high school. They have “Pam 2004” embroidered near the side pockets and “TENNIS” written on the butt. I guess it just brings back some great memories.

What is the latest CD you bought?

This is tough because I don’t buy a lot of CDs. I know that the last CD that came into my possession was Regina Spektor’s Songs. I don’t know, she’s really hit and miss with me. Some songs I love (like “Samson” and “Consequence of Sounds”), but other songs I really don’t care for. Ok, the last CD I actually paid for was the Caesar’s Paper Tigers, which is amazing by the way. If I hadn’t have downloaded the new Franz album way before it came out, that would have been my latest CD purchase… which brings us back around to our mutual love for Alex. I don’t care what anyone thinks, there’s something about that man…

YAYNESS! How happy are you?

I’m quite happy Emmett, thanks for asking! I do have to say that my happiness isn’t necessarily only related to having this forum. Midterms are finally over and I only have a ten page paper to worry about, I finished all my paperwork for studying abroad next fall, and I’m so excited to take my mom to see OK Go next week. I’ve seen them many times (which I’m grateful for), and my mom puts up with me flying/driving all over the country (and Canada!) to see them. She loves the music (and the dance!) so it should be a lot of fun.

Ok, I know you're a huge Bowie fan. What's your favorite song of his?

First of all, Poison, it was a great voicemail! You just sounded so excited, and when you cracked up about the irony of it all… I started cracking up too. I got some weird stares for that one. Ok, favorite Bowie song. My all time favorite is “Helden,” which is the German version of “Heroes.” I just loved the song in the first place, so hearing him sing it in German was just too cool. Other than that, I’d probably say “Golden Years.” I don’t know, he’s written so many amazing songs it’s impossible to say.

What's your current favorite song?

I’m going to go to my ipod for this one. I don’t have a favorite song, but I’ve been playing Rufus Wainwright “A Bit of You” a lot lately. It just has an amazing old, Russian feel to it that’s darker than a lot of his stuff. I love it.

What’s the last concert you went to?

I saw Chris Koza on campus recently. It was a good show, good enough for me to go see him two nights in a row (even when I had a shitload of homework to do and exams to study for). I'm looking forward to seeing him again in a few weeks.

Why do you know so much about the NBA?

I watch Sportscenter every day, no joke. I love ESPN. I’ll even watch it on campus in between classes in the TV lounge. I’m a football girl though, I don’t care too much for basketball. There’s been stories on Stern and his minor league idea for the past couple of days, and it’s hard not soak up some of that knowledge.
  • who are your fave 7 members? and why?

dun dun duuun
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Nov 8 2005, 04:32 PM)
    What’s the last concert you went to?

I saw Chris Koza on campus recently. It was a good show, good enough for me to go see him two nights in a row (even when I had a shitload of homework to do and exams to study for). I'm looking forward to seeing him again in a few weeks.

oo! chris koza is coming to my campus next month, i'm excited to see him, the couple songs i've heard, i liked.

okay... questions...

where do you go to school? what are you majoring in? and... what's your favorite movie(s)?
  • haha...yeah Pam, I'm getting a good laugh out of this. It's fun though, yeah?

As for my question...um...when are you going to come to Boston?

Yeah, I know, unoriginal question...I can't think of anything right now.

Congrats on the forum! Hehe tongue.gif
  • Do you have hair? If so, is it long?
  • will you pett my pancake?

do you have any fishnets?

are you afraid of goths?
  • Who are your fave 7 members? And why?

Well now, you’re giving me a very difficult task! Ok, well I’ll start out with BeautifulStalker, because she and I, along with another one of our friends, first saw OK Go together on Valentine’s Day of 2003. Plus, we’ve been friends since before Kindergarten, so it’s only fair. Next comes my Division Street Dancers – bettyNLBboop, poison, and Guytron24. I had the best time at Lollapalooza with these ladies, whether it was rocking out front row for Kaiser Chiefs, being in the front row and fighting for a drumstick at Billy Idol, meeting Louis XIV, or running across Grant Park to secure front row for OK Go (ok, half of us ran!). Plus, our DWYW video was kick ass, as was our rendition of A Million Ways (by the way, girls, when I go home next weekend I’ll be sending you a link to the full dance video synched up with the music—it’s hilarious!). Next comes Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. I have a love/hate relationship with Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, which really isn’t fair to him, haha. I tend to blame him when tour dates aren’t being released, or the boys aren’t coming anywhere near me—totally not anything he has control over, but I put the blame on him. On the other hand, when he posts tour dates or new info, I’m in love with Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore all over again. What a rollercoaster. Finally comes the collective cluster of Vendro/RoRo/w00t. I group you all together because 1) I don’t have enough spaces left, and 2) I’m so driving up to Toronto this summer to meet you all. You guys are so much fun to talk to! And then vinyl_days/RejectedSponge cause they're my LJ friends and they're awesome. So that’s not exactly 7, but oh well.

Of course, I love to talk with all you guys biggrin.gif I hope that was descriptive enough tongue.gif

Where do you go to school? What are you majoring in?

I’m currently a sophomore attending the University of Wisconsin—Eau Claire (though credit-wise I am a junior). UWEC is known for having a notoriously steep hill that I walk up at least twice a day to get from lower campus to upper campus. It’s seriously a workout. I am currently a Business Finance major with an emphasis in Corporate Finance. Even though it’s a comprehensive major, I’m minoring in International Business and getting a certificate in IT Technology. This may change though, because ideally, I’d be majoring in every business subject possible. If anyone has Facebook, feel free to add me (yes, that’s me in my picture. I was a very feisty child!)

What’s your favorite movie(s)?

I’m a big fan of foreign films, and my two favorites are Lola Rennt and Goodbye Lenin (both German). My favorite comedies would be Wet Hot American Summer and Dogma. I also really like Reality Bites, and… yes… Labyrinth (oh, David Bowie, I love you!) It was my favorite as a child. I’m probably forgetting a lot.

When are you coming to Boston?

I was planning on coming out over the summer with one of my friends, but now that she and I are both studying abroad (me next fall, and she next spring), it’s definitely postponed. I’m saving money so I can hop flights all over Europe while I’m over there, so sadly I just don’t have the money to fly anywhere now. I’ll get over there eventually, maybe for a Louis XIV show HAHA.

Do you have hair? If so, is it long?

Well yes, I do have hair. Dark brown hair, to be exact. I change it up a lot, but currently it’s a little past my shoulders, with side swept bangs. I’m in the process of growing it out.

Will you pet my pancake?

I don’t know why on earth I’d want to pet a pancake, but I suppose it wouldn’t kill me. You know the saying, try everything at least once.

Do you have any fishnets?

What type of fishnets are you talking about? I have one pair of fishnets (that you wear), but I only wear them when I go to see Rocky Horror Picture Show in downtown Milwaukee, which is pretty rare now that I’m in school. I’m hoping to go to some more shows when I’m home over break. If you’re talking about fishing fishnets, I have a few of those, I live on a lake and grew up fishing. And I'm probably the only one who thought of fishing when I read that.

Are you afraid of goths?

Why would I be afraid of goths? Unless someone gives me a reason to fear them, like threatening me in some way, I’m not afraid of them. Goths are people too!
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Nov 8 2005, 09:17 PM)
    I’m currently a sophomore attending the University of Wisconsin—Eau Claire (though credit-wise I am a junior). UWEC is known for having a notoriously steep hill that I walk up at least twice a day to get from lower campus to upper campus. It’s seriously a workout. I am currently a Business Finance major with an emphasis in Corporate Finance. Even though it’s a comprehensive major, I’m minoring in International Business and getting a certificate in IT Technology. This may change though, because ideally, I’d be majoring in every business subject possible. If anyone has Facebook, feel free to add me (yes, that’s me in my picture. I was a very feisty child!)

very awesome. i was in eau claire a couple weeks ago for marching band. i go to uw-la crosse. and luckily, i had no steep hills to walk up. i'll add you, i'm karissa from uw-la crosse biggrin.gif

what's your favorite color? any particular reason?
  • And then vinyl_days/RejectedSponge cause they're my LJ friends and they're awesome.

awwww i feel so loved!!

dude i played tennis too, i totally miss it, i think its the only thing i miss from high school?

which did you like playing better singles or doubles?

if you were a super hero what powers would you want?
  • Do you like earth control to major tom? by david bowie?
  • AWW i was in your favourite members ppl list thinger - that makes me happy!

I should also be one of your fave since we are getting married! GEEZE

Ok Pam here goes...you are on a desserted island with 4 other ppl and you have a choice of 5 weapons to survive...which one would you choose and why?
    1 sword
    2 revolver
    3 megaphone
    4 frying pan
    5 pocket knife
  • If you could clone anyone who would you clone?

Why is funny, funny?

Why can't I my left foot be my right?
  • make cake not loe or make loe not cake?

i prefer love. ^^
  • Can you twist your feet backward?

Can you roll back your eyes? I think it's awsome.. I used to scare kids doing that LOL.

What's so cool about cool?

Are you gellin'?

Do you like watermellons?

Are diamonds really a girls best friend?
  • Why is puss so pussy... and gross?

Can ear wax be used to make candle wax?

Why is ephadrine everywhere?

Don't you just love chemistry?

Why are preppy guys so clingy? Well at least all the ones I know are... it's like damnit... go get mushy with someone else already and let me BREATH! It's nice though biggrin.gif

Shouldn't Barbie and Ken be over and done with already?.. I mean he's clearly cheating on her with Mr. GI Joe!